Dake Bible Discussion BoardWhat is faith?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
bibleman
Administrator

Re: What is faith?

Post by bibleman »

Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
cpbeller wrote:MUST God keep His covenant? That is my only question about what God must or must not do...MUST He keep His covenant?

Ed is saying He does not, He will keep it, but that He MUST keep His covenat...well, that is wrong teaching. God MUST not do anything. I disagree. God made a covenant, and the Bible says that when He made the covenant with Abraham, when there was no other greater to swear by, He swore by Himself that He would keep His covenant. He made a NEW covenant with the God-Man, Jesus, and we are in that New Covenant IN CHRIST...and He MUST keep that covenant. I can call on Him via that covenant, and He MUST answer. Not because I can make God jump and do tricks for me, but because God made a covenant that He MUST keep, and in that covenant, He said that all who call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

So, God MUST keep His covenant.
:angel: :angel:

Psalms 89:34 My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips.

If God breaks His covenant He lies. If He lies He is NOT God.
And who is qualified and appointed the judge of God to make that call? Who would say God is not God? If God answers to no one how would this be a motivating factor to God? God will do it because God wants to do it not because He has to because He doesn't "have to".

If I make a promise to my children do I keep it because I have too? No I made the promise because I love my children and wanted to and fully intended to keep it. I don't "have" to keep it but I do keep it.
So according to you... God can lie and NOT do it!

Right?

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note
Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
cpbeller wrote:MUST God keep His covenant? That is my only question about what God must or must not do...MUST He keep His covenant?

Ed is saying He does not, He will keep it, but that He MUST keep His covenat...well, that is wrong teaching. God MUST not do anything. I disagree. God made a covenant, and the Bible says that when He made the covenant with Abraham, when there was no other greater to swear by, He swore by Himself that He would keep His covenant. He made a NEW covenant with the God-Man, Jesus, and we are in that New Covenant IN CHRIST...and He MUST keep that covenant. I can call on Him via that covenant, and He MUST answer. Not because I can make God jump and do tricks for me, but because God made a covenant that He MUST keep, and in that covenant, He said that all who call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Psalms 89:34 My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips.

And who is qualified and appointed the judge of God to make that call? Who would say God is not God? If God answers to no one how would this be a motivating factor to God? God will do it because God wants to do it not because He has to because He doesn't "have to".

If I make a promise to my children do I keep it because I have too? No I made the promise because I love my children and wanted to and fully intended to keep it. I don't "have" to keep it but I do keep it.

Right?
God can do all things. Who would judge? You? Do you think you could tell if a being intelligent enough to create you told a lie? It is prideful to even think you have the capability and shows one's total ignorance of the abilities of God.
Would God lie? He said He doesn't and that is good enough for me.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:

Right?
God can do all things. Who would judge? You? Do you think you could tell if a being intelligent enough to create you told a lie? It is prideful to even think you have the capability and shows one's total ignorance of the abilities of God.
So if according to YOU "Would God lie? He said He doesn't and that is good enough for me." God doesn't lie! and I agree.

Then God MUST keep His covenant!

I am glad you came around to seeing it God's way.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note
Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:

Right?
So if according to YOU "Would God lie? He said He doesn't and that is good enough for me." God doesn't lie! and I agree.

Then God MUST keep His covenant!

I am glad you came around to seeing it God's way.
Why make perverse that which isn't perverse. God will keep His covenant.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:

Ed that makes no sense. I Keep promises because I love them and I must because it was a promise. PROMISE:A promise is a commitment by someone to do or not do something. Now my head hurts again and another definition: a declaration or assurance that one will do a particular thing or that a particular thing will happen. Ed, why even pray to God for any thing with your logic? I mean, Now God can lie? This is not faith at all but really it is giving room to doubt God. I can see the demon bats lol

Edited: Because Ed makes your head hurt. Help I have bats flying over my head, Ed help me kill them oh the bats, The BATS!! :evilbat:

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

Rocky wrote:
Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:

Ed that makes no sense.

I'm sorry you say that, perhaps someday your view of God and what motivates God will change to the point that it will make sense to you. Until then it is pointless for anyone to try explain something that can only be revealed by the spirit of God to you.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Justaned wrote:
Rocky wrote:
Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:

Ed that makes no sense.

I'm sorry you say that, perhaps someday your view of God and what motivates God will change to the point that it will make sense to you. Until then it is pointless for anyone to try explain something that can only be revealed by the spirit of God to you.
lol Ego much :scatter: So the spirit of God revealed this to you? What did He reveal? I was hoping you would maybe explain it.

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

Rocky wrote:
Justaned wrote:
Rocky wrote:
Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:

Ed that makes no sense.

lol Ego much :scatter: So the spirit of God revealed this to you? What did He reveal? I was hoping you would maybe explain it.
Like I said if you don't understand it only the Holy Spirit can reveal it to you. Pray about it. Let the Holy Spirit teach you the difference between God doing something because He said he would do it and saying God promised so now He has to do it.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Justaned wrote:
Rocky wrote:
Justaned wrote:
Rocky wrote:
Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:

Ed that makes no sense.

Like I said if you don't understand it only the Holy Spirit can reveal it to you. Pray about it. Let the Holy Spirit teach you the difference between God doing something because He said he would do it and saying God promised so now He has to do it.
Huh?

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

Rocky wrote: Huh?
Like I said if you don't understand, ask the Holy Spirit to reveal it to you.