Dake Bible Discussion BoardFinis Dake on Positive Confession

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
bibleman
Administrator

Re: Finis Dake on Positive Confession

Post by bibleman »

scottae316 wrote:
bibleman wrote:
scottae316 wrote:
bibleman wrote:
scottae316 wrote: Leon,
If you do not know[if I was WOF], why did you say that I am not WOF? Is that appropriate or right?
OK,

I though you were NOT WOF because of your opposition to so many issues here on the Dake Board. Most WOF people usually line up pretty well with the Dake subjects under discussion here.

Is that appropriate or right? Hum,.. I guess so, don't really know if a thought can be deemed wrong concerning an impression in this regard. Is it a big deal?

Anyway your two questions are answered! :mrgreen:
OK,

What issues have a opposed here, I am guessing theological issues ones. I don't remember any that I have said I disagree on, please refresh my memory with some examples.

To answer you, it is not a big deal, but you made a judgement about me and it was wrong. You did not say I think or it looks like, you said clearly I was not WOF, that is more than a thought or impression.

As to most WOF people lining up with Dake, I would say there is more agreement than disagreement, but there are areas where there is disagreement, eschatology details would be one area.
Hey Scott,

How about as you seemed to have mentioned, the Millennium Kingdom being 1000 years.

Aren't you opposed to that?
Hey Leon,

Please be accurate, what I said was that the word Millennium does not appear in English translations of Scripture, and I objected to you calling those who hold to other positions as idiots. I still maintain that calling people that is not Christian. Since when is this a basic tenet of WOF teaching?
I think what I said was anyone who did NOT believe a Millennium to be 1,000 years was an idiot. Based on the definition of a Millennium from Webster's Dictionary.

Webster: Millennium - a period of 1,000 years http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/millennium

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note
Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

bibleman wrote:
scottae316 wrote:
bibleman wrote:
scottae316 wrote:
bibleman wrote:
If you do not know[if I was WOF], why did you say that I am not WOF? Is that appropriate or right?
OK,

I though you were NOT WOF because of your opposition to so many issues here on the Dake Board. Most WOF people usually line up pretty well with the Dake subjects under discussion here.

Is that appropriate or right? Hum,.. I guess so, don't really know if a thought can be deemed wrong concerning an impression in this regard. Is it a big deal?

OK,

What issues have a opposed here, I am guessing theological issues ones. I don't remember any that I have said I disagree on, please refresh my memory with some examples.

To answer you, it is not a big deal, but you made a judgement about me and it was wrong. You did not say I think or it looks like, you said clearly I was not WOF, that is more than a thought or impression.

As to most WOF people lining up with Dake, I would say there is more agreement than disagreement, but there are areas where there is disagreement, eschatology details would be one area.
Hey Scott,

How about as you seemed to have mentioned, the Millennium Kingdom being 1000 years.

Hey Leon,

Please be accurate, what I said was that the word Millennium does not appear in English translations of Scripture, and I objected to you calling those who hold to other positions as idiots. I still maintain that calling people that is not Christian. Since when is this a basic tenet of WOF teaching?
I think what I said was anyone who did NOT believe a Millennium to be 1,000 years was an idiot. Based on the definition of a Millennium from Webster's Dictionary.

Webster: Millennium - a period of 1,000 years http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/millennium
Since those posts are deleted and we are all taking the higher road these days I will simply say yeah you said something like that. :mrgreen:

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
scottae316 wrote:
bibleman wrote:
scottae316 wrote:
bibleman wrote:
OK,

OK,

Hey Scott,

Hey Leon,

Since those posts are deleted and we are all taking the higher road these days I will simply say yeah you said something like that. :mrgreen:
Yes - give or take a few words! :mrgreen:

God bless
Leon Bible

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note
scottae316
Wrestle Against Spiritual Wickedness in High Places

Post by scottae316 »

Justaned wrote:
scottae316 wrote:Billy,

Thanks for this, but I am sure you are in the minority of thinking I am vital here. I have been told that many complain about my presence.

PAX
Scott
branham1965 wrote:im :o :o :o for posting that.i love to read your posts.and ive always felt you were very vital here.
Pax.
scottae316 wrote:
branham1965 wrote:i feel like we dont catch up like we once did.you are a very old friend on here 7 years.
i think about you.and appreciate you.i was a buzzard to get on you. :agrue: im very sorry.

some have misunderstood me on here.they think meekness or kindness is being a weak female dog.
thats NOT the case.

quote="scottae316"]
branham1965 wrote:you are one i NEVER thought would take off Scott. :lol:

Billy, I am afraid I do not understand what you mean?
Billy,

I don't spend near as much time here as I once did, sorry I do miss chatting with you also. I have always considered you a friend, and I took no offense, just did not understand what you were saying.

Let me add that I enjoy your comments. We have differed at times but we have also found common ground at times and that is what good discussion is all about. One thing you never did was launch a personal attack and that alone is worthy of recognition for someone on this forum. I respect you immensely for that.
Thank you Ed, it is deeply appreciated.

PAX
Scott

scottae316

Post by scottae316 »

bibleman wrote:
scottae316 wrote:
bibleman wrote:
scottae316 wrote:
bibleman wrote:
OK,

OK,

Hey Scott,

Hey Leon,

I know what I said is that calling anyone an idiot because they disagree on a non-essential doctrine is not acting Christ like. Our discussion was this and also that there are Christians who hold other positions that you would not agree with, dose not justifies insulting them. Of course the definition of a millennium means 1000. Am I opposed to this definition, of course not. Never did I say this. Why are you trying to attribute thoughts and positions that I have never articulated or hinted at, this is very curious?

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

I have always been both astonished and puzzled as to how other Christians could interpret the millennium any other way than literal. My Dad is catholic and he believes it to be allegorical, But so is most of the Bible to Catholics. Over allegorical interpretations of the millennium I believe hinders the understanding of it, and the understanding of God's redemptive plan for man as a whole. :scatter:

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

:angel: thats a good post Rocky Balboa. :Fade-color

my family is either Russian Orthodox or Catholic.my two uncles are Charismatics.
my ex wife and her kin were church of Christ members(Alexander Campbell -Barton W.Stone movement adherents)they were Amillennial.
i think the pendulum swings.in some circles in the 1800's and 1900's they really spiritualized the Bible.
i mean they saw antitypes in the Pentateuch that are crazy.
so when this is combatted its only human to go too far the other way.to forget that there were metaphors,allegories ans non ultra literal applications in some cases.
it can swing both ways too far perhaps.
+manger

Rocky wrote:I have always been both astonished and puzzled as to how other Christians could interpret the millennium any other way than literal. My Dad is catholic and he believes it to be allegorical, But so is most of the Bible to Catholics. Over allegorical interpretations of the millennium I believe hinders the understanding of it, and the understanding of God's redemptive plan for man as a whole. :scatter:

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

branham1965 wrote::angel: thats a good post Rocky Balboa. :Fade-color

my family is either Russian Orthodox or Catholic.my two uncles are Charismatics.
my ex wife and her kin were church of Christ members(Alexander Campbell -Barton W.Stone movement adherents)they were Amillennial.
i think the pendulum swings.in some circles in the 1800's and 1900's they really spiritualized the Bible.
i mean they saw antitypes in the Pentateuch that are crazy.
so when this is combatted its only human to go too far the other way.to forget that there were metaphors,allegories ans non ultra literal applications in some cases.
it can swing both ways too far perhaps.
Church of Christ? Not studied a whole lot about them, but I always had a check in my spirit about the denomination for some reason. So they are Amillennial? I do Know they don't believe in music. There are a lot of church of Christ churches were I live.

scottae316

Post by scottae316 »

scottae316 wrote:
bibleman wrote:
scottae316 wrote:
bibleman wrote:
scottae316 wrote:
bibleman wrote:
OK,

OK,

Hey Scott,

Hey Leon,

I know what I said is that calling anyone an idiot because they disagree on a non-essential doctrine is not acting Christ like. Our discussion was this and also that there are Christians who hold other positions that you would not agree with, dose not justifies insulting them. Of course the definition of a millennium means 1000. Am I opposed to this definition, of course not. Never did I say this. Why are you trying to attribute thoughts and positions that I have never articulated or hinted at, this is very curious?
No answer?

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

scottae316 wrote: No answer?
Well Scott,

Is a the Millennium as mentioned in Revelation 20 1,000 years long?

If you believe it is then, I don't know what I need to answer.

Am I missing something here?

God bless
Leon Bible