Dake Bible Discussion BoardWhat is faith?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Reuben
Pray Always with All Perseverance for All Saints

Re: What is faith?

Post by Reuben »

Not sure why this is so hard. Leon, if you asked me that same question - I wouldn't hesitate to answer. It would be a resounding YES!! God always keeps His covenant. Simple

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:Once again I did not say God does not have to keep his covenant.

I posed a question of, what would happen if God didn't keep his promise?

The point is you are totally missing what I'm saying.
When a person says God "must" or God "has to" they are assuming a position that is not theirs to assume.

God is God and He must be respected. The correct statement would be, God will keep His promises, or it is God's will and desire to keep His promises.

I further said if you can't see the difference between these two positions I will never be able to explain it to you.
Ed,

Why not make it very simple. Let's cut to the chase.

Does God have to keep his covenant?

Leon: Yes!

Ed: yes or no?

Bibleman
You are still missing it.

Will God keep His covenant?

Leon: I won't answer on the grounds it doesn't trip Ed up and I'm way to prideful to allow that.

Ed: Yes absolutely!

Hi Ed,

Leon: Yes.

Now your turn.

MUST God keep His covenant?

Ed: ???

Rocky: yes
Ed see how simple this is, your turn :scatter:

cpbeller
Wield the Sword of the Spirit, Which is the Word of God

Post by cpbeller »

Reuben wrote:Not sure why this is so hard. Leon, if you asked me that same question - I wouldn't hesitate to answer. It would be a resounding YES!! God always keeps His covenant. Simple
The reason it is so hard, Reuben...is because Ed seems to have an issue with the Pride of Life, and simply cannot be wrong...

DISCLAIMER: Whatever I say or do not say may or may not apply to you based on whether you are or are not a Christian. And whether you are or are not a Christian may or may not be based off of whatever denomination you may or may not be a part of.
Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:

When a person says God "must" or God "has to" they are assuming a position that is not theirs to assume.

God is God and He must be respected. The correct statement would be, God will keep His promises, or it is God's will and desire to keep His promises.

I further said if you can't see the difference between these two positions I will never be able to explain it to you.
Ed,

Bibleman

Leon: I won't answer on the grounds it doesn't trip Ed up and I'm way to prideful to allow that.

Hi Ed,

Now your turn.

See Bibleman you ask youself if God will keep His covenant but you ask me if God must.
My answer is the same as yours yes God will keep his covenant.

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

Reuben wrote:Not sure why this is so hard. Leon, if you asked me that same question - I wouldn't hesitate to answer. It would be a resounding YES!! God always keeps His covenant. Simple

I too can say yes God always keeps His covenant. But that is not what Bibleman asked me.

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

cpbeller wrote:
The reason it is so hard, Reuben...is because Ed seems to have an issue with the Pride of Life, and simply cannot be wrong...

And you obviously don't understand the difference between saying God must and God will.
And as I said before until you can understand that difference you will never understand what I'm saying.

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

Rocky wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:

Ed,

Bibleman

Hi Ed,

Now your turn.

Rocky it is also obvious you don't understand the difference between must and will either.
I can't explain it you must be able to see it on your own through the leading of the Holy Spirit. Obviously Bibleman does know the difference and that is why he is playing his game.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Justaned wrote:
Rocky wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:

Ed,

Bibleman

Hi Ed,

Now your turn.

Rocky it is also obvious you don't understand the difference between must and will either.
I can't explain it you must be able to see it on your own through the leading of the Holy Spirit. Obviously Bibleman does know the difference and that is why he is playing his game.
Well does it really matter of the reason why? The fact of the matter to me is He will.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Justaned wrote:
Rocky wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:

Ed,

Bibleman

Hi Ed,

Now your turn.

Ed,

I believe both.

God MUST and God WILL keep His covenant.

Do you believe both?

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note
Reuben
Pray Always with All Perseverance for All Saints

Post by Reuben »

Ed, would you agree that God "must' and He "has to" keep His covenant?