Dake Bible Discussion BoardDo you obey the WHOLE Gospel?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Rocky

Re: Difference Between a Christian and a Believer???

Post by Rocky »

I guess I am just naive enough to take the Bible for what it says. I guess It seems very cut and dry to me, perhaps me not being raised in churchism culture has something to do with it being cut and dry to me. The scriptures I have seen to defend cessation and OSAS and Calvinism seem very far fetched and grasping at straws. Now again just an opinion, I believe cessation and osas and Calvinism are influenced by demon spirits. Now I would not walk up to people who are in to these theologies and say that to them unless God told me to do it. I mean, study the scriptures that cessation and OSAS and Calvinists use, its completely out of context and mixed with human ideology and really makes no sense at all 90% of their claims are not even stated in the bible. :| Not one scripture states that the gifts will cease after the apostles die out. Man sure does use the Bible like a cafeteria. I mean look at now days, now you have bibles floating around that try to take entire versus out the bible. The Bible even use to have 88 books in it, what happen there?. I wish Catholicism wasn't so off I would join their ranks, at least they all believe and pretty much teach the same thing lol :shocked!:

victoryword
Knock and It Shall Be Opened Unto You

Post by victoryword »

Rocky wrote: The Bible even use to have 88 books in it, what happen there?. I wish Catholicism wasn't so off I would join their ranks, at least they all believe and pretty much teach the same thing lol :shocked!:
The problem is that some of those apocryphal books were off and contradicted other portions of Scripture. Some of those books were actually written by gnostics. Then there are other books such as the book of Enoch that probably should be a part of our canon, but I don't think it hurts it much for it not to be there.

Besides, with all of those extra books that Bible would be too heavy for Christians to pull off of their shelves, dust off, and carry to church :mrgreen:

Sadly, the majority of Christians don't even read the 66 books that are there anyhow. 22 more would really discourage them +goofy

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

Rocky wrote:I guess I am just naive enough to take the Bible for what it says. I guess It seems very cut and dry to me, perhaps me not being raised in churchism culture has something to do with it being cut and dry to me. The scriptures I have seen to defend cessation and OSAS and Calvinism seem very far fetched and grasping at straws. Now again just an opinion, I believe cessation and osas and Calvinism are influenced by demon spirits. Now I would not walk up to people who are in to these theologies and say that to them unless God told me to do it. I mean, study the scriptures that cessation and OSAS and Calvinists use, its completely out of context and mixed with human ideology and really makes no sense at all 90% of their claims are not even stated in the bible. :| Not one scripture states that the gifts will cease after the apostles die out. Man sure does use the Bible like a cafeteria. I mean look at now days, now you have bibles floating around that try to take entire versus out the bible. The Bible even use to have 88 books in it, what happen there?. I wish Catholicism wasn't so off I would join their ranks, at least they all believe and pretty much teach the same thing lol :shocked!:

Rocky
Here is the problem men of equal intelligence to you see the scriptures you use to support your position as just as lacking as you see theirs. Again this isn't cut and dried if it were one side would have to be less than honest to continue the debate but they aren't.

Men have studied this issue for in some cases their entire lives and at the end of day one group stands on one side of the line and the other group stands on the other.

The reason the scriptures seem so clear to you, whether you believe it or not, is because you pass through you mental filter. We all do that. We read with understanding, understanding what we want it to say. In there lies the rub.

Men on both sides of the issue deny doing this. To some one side is perfectly clear to others the other side is perfectly clear.

I really don't know what you think of MacArthur or R. C. Sproul but both these men are highly intelligent, faithful students of the word and faithful believers who would go to a firey death to defend their position. And both view us, not understanding why we can't see their position. They are certain we are as deceived of Satan as we do them.

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

victoryword wrote:
Rocky wrote: The Bible even use to have 88 books in it, what happen there?. I wish Catholicism wasn't so off I would join their ranks, at least they all believe and pretty much teach the same thing lol :shocked!:
The problem is that some of those apocryphal books were off and contradicted other portions of Scripture. Some of those books were actually written by gnostics. Then there are other books such as the book of Enoch that probably should be a part of our canon, but I don't think it hurts it much for it not to be there.

Besides, with all of those extra books that Bible would be too heavy for Christians to pull off of their shelves, dust off, and carry to church :mrgreen:

Sadly, the majority of Christians don't even read the 66 books that are there anyhow. 22 more would really discourage them +goofy
I believe the Apocrypha was written before Gnosticism came into being. Jesus handled the Septuagint that contained the books, in fact Jesus even mentioned one or two of them and Jesus never said they should not be included.

You are right however that most Christians can't/won't read the 66 adding the apocrypha would only make it worst.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

MACARTHUR AND SPROUL DENY THE HOLY GHOST BAPTISM.THEY DENY THE POWER OF GOD .THEY SAY SPEAKING IN TONGUES IS OF THE DEVIL AND THE LIKE.THE GIFTS ARE GONE.MACARTHUR IS :neutral: !!!!!HE SAYS CHARISMATICS ARE OF THE DEVIL!!!!!!

WHY MY FRIEND ARE YOU ARE TRYING TO SHARE THAT HORSE MANURE LIKE ITS THE SAME AS THE PENTECOSTAL TRUTHS THAT HAVE SHOOK THE EARTH???????SHOOK THE EARTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!IT TOOK PENTECOST TO SHAKE THE WORLD IN THIS FINAL HOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!
ARE YOU STILL PENTECOSTAL??? YES OR NO.
REVED
I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH...BUT IM NOT 2 FACED.IM TELLING YOU IN THE OPEN AS I ALWAYS HAVE HERE.

Justaned wrote:
Rocky wrote:I guess I am just naive enough to take the Bible for what it says. I guess It seems very cut and dry to me, perhaps me not being raised in churchism culture has something to do with it being cut and dry to me. The scriptures I have seen to defend cessation and OSAS and Calvinism seem very far fetched and grasping at straws. Now again just an opinion, I believe cessation and osas and Calvinism are influenced by demon spirits. Now I would not walk up to people who are in to these theologies and say that to them unless God told me to do it. I mean, study the scriptures that cessation and OSAS and Calvinists use, its completely out of context and mixed with human ideology and really makes no sense at all 90% of their claims are not even stated in the bible. :| Not one scripture states that the gifts will cease after the apostles die out. Man sure does use the Bible like a cafeteria. I mean look at now days, now you have bibles floating around that try to take entire versus out the bible. The Bible even use to have 88 books in it, what happen there?. I wish Catholicism wasn't so off I would join their ranks, at least they all believe and pretty much teach the same thing lol :shocked!:

Rocky
Here is the problem men of equal intelligence to you see the scriptures you use to support your position as just as lacking as you see theirs. Again this isn't cut and dried if it were one side would have to be less than honest to continue the debate but they aren't.

Men have studied this issue for in some cases their entire lives and at the end of day one group stands on one side of the line and the other group stands on the other.

The reason the scriptures seem so clear to you, whether you believe it or not, is because you pass through you mental filter. We all do that. We read with understanding, understanding what we want it to say. In there lies the rub.

Men on both sides of the issue deny doing this. To some one side is perfectly clear to others the other side is perfectly clear.

I really don't know what you think of MacArthur or R. C. Sproul but both these men are highly intelligent, faithful students of the word and faithful believers who would go to a firey death to defend their position. And both view us, not understanding why we can't see their position. They are certain we are as deceived of Satan as we do them.

scottae316
Wrestle Against Spiritual Wickedness in High Places

Re: Do you obey the WHOLE Gospel?

Post by scottae316 »

First there is this typical broad brushing that all Calvinist are cessationist, there is one "denomination" that are both Spirit Filled AND Charismatic so it is wrong to say ALL Calninist are cessationist. Just as dangerous as OSAS is the idea that they have the power in themselves to come to Christ and accept Him.

Second, not one of the deutercanonical books accepted by the RCC and Eastern Orthodox churches was written by Gnostics. All of these books were written hundreds off years before Jesus was born.

victoryword
Knock and It Shall Be Opened Unto You

Post by victoryword »

I was actually thinking about the books written after The Lord's ascension, such as the so-called gospel of Thomas. On the other hand I know that the book of Enoch, the first and second books of Adam and Eve, wisdom of Solomon, etc. we're not gnostic. Also, they are enjoyable reads. While I don,t place them on the level of Scripture, I believe there are some truth in them and as Ed mentioned, Jesus and His apostles quote from some of them.

Scott is also correct in the fact that there are definitely those who label themselves "Charismatic Calvinists". Sam Storms, Wayne Grudem, Mark Driscoll, and a few others would fall in this category.

So the Charismatic Calvinist only has half a false theology :mrgreen:

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

victoryword wrote:I was actually thinking about the books written after The Lord's ascension, such as the so-called gospel of Thomas. On the other hand I know that the book of Enoch, the first and second books of Adam and Eve, wisdom of Solomon, etc. we're not gnostic. Also, they are enjoyable reads. While I don,t place them on the level of Scripture, I believe there are some truth in them and as Ed mentioned, Jesus and His apostles quote from some of them.

Scott is also correct in the fact that there are definitely those who label themselves "Charismatic Calvinists". Sam Storms, Wayne Grudem, Mark Driscoll, and a few others would fall in this category.

So the Charismatic Calvinist only has half a false theology :mrgreen:
You do know the books written after Jesus were not Apocrypha books? Nor were books like the Book of Enoch. Only one book the Wisdom of Solomon that you mentioned was in the Apocrypha and to the best of my knowledge non contradict scripture.
Again Jesus obviously was aware of them, most likely read them, yet Jesus never mentioned a problem with any of them. I think it is wise man doesn't either. Most are great teachers on the worship of God. Many were written by people like David that had a heart set on worshiping God.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

branham1965 wrote:LIKE WHAT???WHAT DO YOU FIND UNORTHODOX ABOUT MY BELIEFS???
SAY IT SAY IT SAY IT.....my sam kinison impression from back to school. +CrazyEyes
Is this what you were looking for Billy?

[video][/video]

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note
branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

yes.....thank you Pastor.....lol....
bibleman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:LIKE WHAT???WHAT DO YOU FIND UNORTHODOX ABOUT MY BELIEFS???
SAY IT SAY IT SAY IT.....my sam kinison impression from back to school. +CrazyEyes
Is this what you were looking for Billy?

[video][/video]