Dake Bible Discussion BoardDo you obey the WHOLE Gospel?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
victoryword
Knock and It Shall Be Opened Unto You

Re: Do you obey the WHOLE Gospel?

Post by victoryword »

Justaned wrote:
victoryword wrote:The Passage the Devil wanted out of your Bible
http://www.christian-faith.com/passage- ... our-bible/

Victorywood
How about showing us how little faith we all have and take a nice bit swig of * just to show us your spirituality. :mrgreen:
Hey if it is in the Bible it has to be true so drink up.

Not a sip but a nice big glass full. The kind that would dissolve most of your esophagus before it ever got to your stomach. :shocked!:
Wow Ed. I knew you like playing devil's advocate, but I did not know how literally and seriously you took that role until I read this post:
  • And he brought him to Jerusalem, and set him on a pinnacle of the temple, and said unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down from hence: For it is written, He shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee: And in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone. And Jesus answering said unto him, It is said, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God. And when the devil had ended all the temptation, he departed from him for a season. (Luke 4:9-13)
So, I appreciate the challenge but in this case I think I'll be like Jesus. Psalm 91 is in the Bible and Satan quoted it. Jesus did not question the authenticity of Psalm 91. He just simply would not test God unnecessarily. So sorry Ed. I'll be more like Jesus and you continue to be more like Satan.

Have a good night pastor.

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

victoryword wrote:
Justaned wrote:

Victorywood
How about showing us how little faith we all have and take a nice bit swig of * just to show us your spirituality. :mrgreen:

Not a sip but a nice big glass full. The kind that would dissolve most of your esophagus before it ever got to your stomach. :shocked!:
Wow Ed. I knew you like playing devil's advocate, but I did not know how literally and seriously you took that role until I read this post:
  • And he brought him to Jerusalem, and set him on a pinnacle of the temple, and said unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down from hence: For it is written, He shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee: And in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone. And Jesus answering said unto him, It is said, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God. And when the devil had ended all the temptation, he departed from him for a season. (Luke 4:9-13)
So, I appreciate the challenge but in this case I think I'll be like Jesus. Psalm 91 is in the Bible and Satan quoted it. Jesus did not question the authenticity of Psalm 91. He just simply would not test God unnecessarily. So sorry Ed. I'll be more like Jesus and you continue to be more like Satan.

Your are right I opened my mouth and shot my foot right in it.

Interestingly I gave that snap response a few days ago and I have thought about it ever since. I was troubled in my spirit but I didn't realize why but something about what I had posted bothered me greatly.

When you reposted it in context to what you had said i could not believe I had responded that way.

I was wrong I apologize and I certainly don't want you to harm yourself or test God in any manner.

I repent and ask God's forgivenenss and yours for that post.

And I apologized to all my Christian brothers and sisters on this forum that I allowed myself to be so stupid to post such a post.

Victorywood please forgive me and I thank you for bringing this to my attention. I am ashamed for my response to you.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Justaned wrote:
victoryword wrote:
Justaned wrote:

Victorywood

Interestingly I gave that snap response a few days ago and I have thought about it ever since. I was troubled in my spirit but I didn't realize why but something about what I had posted bothered me greatly.

When you reposted it in context to what you had said i could not believe I had responded that way.

I was wrong I apologize and I certainly don't want you to harm yourself or test God in any manner.

And I apologized to all my Christian brothers and sisters on this forum that I allowed myself to be so stupid to post such a post.

Victorywood please forgive me and I thank you for bringing this to my attention. I am ashamed for my response to you.
Ed, man I got to say, I really admire you for this post. It takes a heck of a man to post this. I know we have disagreements on a lot of things but this took humility and guts. You are awesome :angel: :angel:

victoryword

Post by victoryword »

Thanks Ed. Like Rocky said it takes a lot of guts to post that apology. Who among us have not written dumb things on forums. I am only hoping that Jesus doesn't meet me at the gates with printouts of my most embarrassing posts :mrgreen:

Anyway, I appreciate the apology Ed. Believe it or not you are one of the reasons I enjoy this forum. Its fun sparring with you.

macca
After the Holy Ghost Has Come Upon You, Ye Shall Be My Witnesses

Post by macca »

Ed, takes guts to do what you did. :angel: :angel:

macca

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

the good Lord bless you REVED. :angel:
Justaned wrote:
victoryword wrote:
Justaned wrote:

Victorywood

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

Mark 16:17-18 (KJV)
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

I think we are all in agreement you must read scripture literally and not mentally add or subtract anything.

Now without adding anything what does this passage say. It say believer shall cast out devils, speak in new tongues, take up serpent, drink any deadly thing, lay hands and the sick will recover.

There are not exceptions no qualifiers. Just the literal this is what believer will do.

We all know that most of us won't do those things yet this is a list of what believers will do.

We have three choices.

Choice 1 This passage was an addition written by a zealous scribe and added therefore it is mistakenly written as a declarative definition of a believer.

Choice 2 This passage is the inspired word of God and was written to the Apostles and ceased to be the definition of a believer when the last Apostle died.

Choice 3 This passage is the inspired word of God and anyone that has been bitten and died from a snake bite, died after drinking any deadly thing or laid hands on someone that did in get healed was not really a believer.

There is only three choices that I can see if you can see another let me know.

I'm not in favor of cessionalism, nor do I believe everyone that ever died from a snake bite or poison or didn't speak in tongues and never cast out a demon is damned to eternal damnation, so that leaves me with option 1. If you see another option please tell me what it is. Remember we must read this passage literally.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

ive noticed that folks who are always always always always always always always questioning other peoples standing with God ..........

in almost every instance THEY are out of order.MOST are under no authority. and THEY are constant rebels to the authority of the Church. many hold odd ball even maniacal interpretations of the Bible.

+dunk +baloon +baseball

victoryword

Re: Difference Between a Christian and a Believer???

Post by victoryword »

Rocky wrote: I agree some what. But ,and this is just an observation. Why are most if not all cessationist OSAS Calvinist? It seems that cessationists don't stop at the belief of the cessation of the gifts, but adhering to all kinds of false theology, then they go and teach these false doctrines. Can a false teacher remain a Christian? Can some one who has been shown the truth but constantly rejects the bible and the teachings with in it, remain a Christian? I don't know..
That is a very good question Rocky! :angel:

victoryword

Re: Difference Between a Christian and a Believer???

Post by victoryword »

Justaned wrote:Rocky
This debate has raged for hundreds of years. Equally spiritual and conscientious men are on both sides of the issue. If it was a cut and dried as you want it to be there would be a solution but it is not. I think Cessationist OSAS Calvinist are wrong but they think were are equally wrong. We cite scipture that supports our position and they cite scripture that supports their position. And that is why the debate continues.
I beg to differ. First, there is not one Scripture that supports cessationism. The only one that most of them ever had was 1 Cor. 13 ("tongues shall cease") and most cessationists now shy away from that. Many of them now simply use a hyper-dispensational hermeneutic that has no real Biblical support (this is no indtement upon Dake's dispensational teaching since he was a firm believer and practitioner of the charismata).

As far as Calvinism goes, they have to eisegete too many Scriptures and then delete or redefine certain words such as "all" (they change it to "all of the elect") or "world" (it only means "the elect in the world"). Non-Calvinists do not have this issue.