Dake Bible Discussion BoardThe passage all liberals hate!

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
victoryword
Knock and It Shall Be Opened Unto You

Re: The passage all liberals hate!

Post by victoryword »

Justaned wrote: Never said God didn't say that, I simply said read the rest of the story. God never went.....
So then, are you saying that God lied or that He changed His mind?

Either way you have put yourself in a conundrum. If you say He lied then you are accusing HIm of being a liar. If you say that He changed His mind then you are an OPen Theist like me. You really don't want to be like me now do you? Sadly, you only have one other option and it is quite a scary one to me :shocked!:

cpbeller
Wield the Sword of the Spirit, Which is the Word of God

Post by cpbeller »

so God said a bunch of stuff that He never intended to actually do, just so he could explain why He was going to do what He was going to do to a human who would not understand without God not telling the truth?

Makes perfect sense to me...but now I need to go back to reality where I believe God means exactly what He says. It was a nice little visit in your world, though...

DISCLAIMER: Whatever I say or do not say may or may not apply to you based on whether you are or are not a Christian. And whether you are or are not a Christian may or may not be based off of whatever denomination you may or may not be a part of.
victoryword

Post by victoryword »

cpbeller wrote:so God said a bunch of stuff that He never intended to actually do, just so he could explain why He was going to do what He was going to do to a human who would not understand without God not telling the truth? Makes perfect sense to me...
But Chris, you should know by now that God said what He said but you did not really understand what He meant because you did not fully read all that He said though all that He said does not repudiate what He said when He said it. And if what He said does not fit my theology then it does not matter what He said anyway even though He said it because He would not dare refute my particular brand of exalted idealism.

cpbeller
Wield the Sword of the Spirit, Which is the Word of God

Post by cpbeller »

ah...I see it all so clearly now.

DISCLAIMER: Whatever I say or do not say may or may not apply to you based on whether you are or are not a Christian. And whether you are or are not a Christian may or may not be based off of whatever denomination you may or may not be a part of.
Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

victoryword wrote:
Justaned wrote: Never said God didn't say that, I simply said read the rest of the story. God never went.....

Either way you have put yourself in a conundrum. If you say He lied then you are accusing HIm of being a liar. If you say that He changed His mind then you are an OPen Theist like me. You really don't want to be like me now do you? Sadly, you only have one other option and it is quite a scary one to me :shocked!:

I'm only saying what scripture says. You and Bibleman built the box you put God into you deal with how to handle it.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Justaned wrote:
victoryword wrote:

I'm only saying what scripture says. You and Bibleman built the box you put God into you deal with how to handle it.
I have built NO box, only restated what GOD HIMSELF said.

Genesis 18:20 And the LORD said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous;
21 I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not, I will know.

1) God can talk.
2) God has those who report to HIM what is going on on earth. (Angels)
3) God goes from place to place. (from heaven to earth and form place to place on earth)
4) The purpose in God going to Sodom and Gomorrah is to see what is going on.
5) God is checking for HIMSELF against the report that has been given to HIM. (before God destroys the cities HE must see for HIMSELF)
6) God is open to accepting the report or rejecting the report based on what HE HIMSELF sees. (Remember Angels have been known to lie)
7) God will ONLY know when he sees for HIMSELF. (THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT GOD HIMSELF SAID)

If you have a problem with that then your problem is with GOD not with me.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note
victoryword

Post by victoryword »

Justaned wrote:
I'm only saying what scripture says along with my opinionated interpretation. You and Bibleman told the truth but I have no rebuttal so I will acuse you tow by saying that you built the box you put God into you deal with how to handle it.
Made some corrections for you. :mrgreen:

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

cpbeller wrote:so God said a bunch of stuff that He never intended to actually do, just so he could explain why He was going to do what He was going to do to a human who would not understand without God not telling the truth?

Makes perfect sense to me...but now I need to go back to reality where I believe God means exactly what He says. It was a nice little visit in your world, though...

If you sat down and talked to a nuclear physicist (assuming you aren't one) would you expect him to explain what he has accomplished in his life in using terms and words and thoughts you are not familiar with of would you hope that he explained in everyday terms you could get a general sense or idea of what he was doing?

God's ways are not man's ways. Yet man keeps trying to force God into a box that man built. How can that possibly be done and God still remain God according the definition of God? That being God must be superior to man in all things.
Was this necessary to say? Why try to belittle me? I didn't belittle you.

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

victoryword wrote:
Justaned wrote:
I'm only saying what scripture says along with my opinionated interpretation. You and Bibleman told the truth but I have no rebuttal so I will acuse you tow by saying that you built the box you put God into you deal with how to handle it.
Made some corrections for you. :mrgreen:
Once again "People lacking the ability to refute their opponents with fact or knowledge, instead they try to insult, ridicule, deride, slander, and traduce them, and in the use of these methods their followers are no less expert. Their polemic is directed never against the argument of the opponent, but always against his person."

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:What do we get from this Scripture!

Genesis 18:20 And the LORD said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous;
21 I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not, I will know.

1) God can talk.
2) God has those who report to HIM what is going on on earth. (Angels)
3) God goes from place to place. (from heaven to earth and form place to place on earth)
4) The purpose in God going to Sodom and Gomorrah is to see what is going on.
5) God is checking for HIMSELF against the report that has been given to HIM. (before God destroys the cities HE must see for HIMSELF)
6) God is open to accepting the report or rejecting the report based on what HE HIMSELF sees. (Remember Angels have been known to lie)
7) God will ONLY know when he sees for HIMSELF. (THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT GOD HIMSELF SAID)

I love the simplicity of the Bible!
Read the rest of the story it never mentions God going into the city to See for HImself. Now what?

Plus verse 16 of chapter 18 implies God has already decided what He is going to do and decided to keep it from Abraham.

No I don't think this story proves anything one way or the other about God's Sovereignty or Omniscience.
Above you said: "Read the rest of the story it never mentions God going into the city to See for HImself. Now what?"

So did God lie?

You built the box you deal with it. I don't see a lie but evidently you do. Fact God never went into the city to "see" for HImself.