Dake Bible Discussion BoardCHILDREN ARE INNOCENT AND GO TO HEAVEN IF THEY DIE.

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

CHILDREN ARE INNOCENT AND GO TO HEAVEN IF THEY DIE.

Post by Ironman »

WHERE NOT TALKING ABOUT THE OFFSPRING OF FALLEN ANGELS

The Bible makes it clear that people are condemned to hell on the basis of their sins8 and their rejection of Jesus Christ as the remedy for their sinful condition.

However, infants and young children are incapable of fully understanding either their spiritual condition or God's requirements for salvation.

Can God judge them even though they don't understand the basis of that judgment? THE BIBLE DOES INDICATE THAT CHILDREN ARE INNOCENT, for example, when describing how some of the Israelites in the Valley of Benhinnom had become corrupt so as to sacrifice their own (innocent) children:

Jer. 19:4-5, V 4, Because they have forsaken me, and have estranged this place, and have burned incense in it unto other gods, whom neither they nor their fathers have known, nor the kings of Judah, and have filled this place with the BLOOD OF THE INNOCENTS;
5, They have built also the high places of Baal, TO BURN THEIR SONS WITH FIRE for burnt offerings unto Baal, which I commanded not, nor spake it, neither came it into my mind:

2 Kings 17: 17, And they caused their sons and their daughters to pass through the fire, and used divination and enchantments, and sold themselves to do evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger.

Psalms 106:37-38, V 37, Yea, they sacrificed their sons and their daughters unto devils,
38, AND SHED INNOCENT BLOOD, EVEN THE BLOOD OF THEIR SONS AND DAUGHTERS, whom they sacrificed unto the idols of Canaan: and the land was polluted with blood.

GOD SAYS CHILDREN BELONG TO HIM,

Ezek. 16:20-21, V. 20, Moreover thou hast taken thy sons and thy daughters, whom thou hast borne unto me, and these hast thou sacrificed unto them to be0 devoured. Is this of thy whoredoms a small matter,
21, THAT THOU HAST SLAIN MY CHILDREN, and delivered them to cause them to pass through the fire for them?

JESUS SAID THAT PEOPLE WHO ENTER HEAVEN ARE LIKE CHILDREN, IMPLYING THAT CHILDREN GO TO HEAVEN.

Matthew 18:2-3, V. 2, And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,
3, And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, AND BECOME AS LITTLE CHILDREN, YE SHALL NOT ENTER INTO THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN.

Matthew 19:13-14, V. 13, Then were there brought unto him little children, that he should put his hands on them, and pray: and the disciples rebuked them.
14, But Jesus said, SUFFER THE LITTLE CHILDREN, and forbid them not, to come unto me: FOR OF SUCH IS THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Re: CHILDREN ARE INNOCENT AND GO TO HEAVEN IF THEY DIE.

Post by Hill Top »

Ironman wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:04 pm

The Bible makes it clear that people are condemned to hell on the basis of their sins8 and their rejection of Jesus Christ as the remedy for their sinful condition.

However, infants and young children are incapable of fully understanding either their spiritual condition or God's requirements for salvation.

Can God judge them even though they don't understand the basis of that judgment? THE BIBLE DOES INDICATE THAT CHILDREN ARE INNOCENT, for example, when describing how some of the Israelites in the Valley of Benhinnom had become corrupt so as to sacrifice their own (innocent) children:

Jer. 19:4-5, V 4, Because they have forsaken me, and have estranged this place, and have burned incense in it unto other gods, whom neither they nor their fathers have known, nor the kings of Judah, and have filled this place with the BLOOD OF THE INNOCENTS;
5, They have built also the high places of Baal, TO BURN THEIR SONS WITH FIRE for burnt offerings unto Baal, which I commanded not, nor spake it, neither came it into my mind:

2 Kings 17: 17, And they caused their sons and their daughters to pass through the fire, and used divination and enchantments, and sold themselves to do evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger.

Psalms 106:37-38, V 37, Yea, they sacrificed their sons and their daughters unto devils,
38, AND SHED INNOCENT BLOOD, EVEN THE BLOOD OF THEIR SONS AND DAUGHTERS, whom they sacrificed unto the idols of Canaan: and the land was polluted with blood.

Ezek. 16:20-21, V. 20, Moreover thou hast taken thy sons and thy daughters, whom thou hast borne unto me, and these hast thou sacrificed unto them to be0 devoured. Is this of thy whoredoms a small matter,
21, THAT THOU HAST SLAIN MY CHILDREN, and delivered them to cause them to pass through the fire for them?

JESUS SAID THAT PEOPLE WHO ENTER HEAVEN ARE LIKE CHILDREN, IMPLYING THAT CHILDREN GO TO HEAVEN.

Matthew 18:2-3, V. 2, And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,
3, And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, AND BECOME AS LITTLE CHILDREN, YE SHALL NOT ENTER INTO THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN.

Matthew 19:13-14, V. 13, Then were there brought unto him little children, that he should put his hands on them, and pray: and the disciples rebuked them.
14, But Jesus said, SUFFER THE LITTLE CHILDREN, and forbid them not, to come unto me: FOR OF SUCH IS THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

Thank you Haz.You write things very well. :angel:
Ironman wrote:

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

Hill Top wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:50 pm
Ironman wrote:

If you want to see more, here is were that info is pulled from - http://www.godandscience.org/doctrine/b ... o_die.html

Word up!

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

Excellent post.
I think it says it all. :angel:
Ironman wrote:

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

branham1965 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:53 am
Both damning babies and children to hell are you???
Who is damning babies and children to hell? That is not something I have the power to do, nor would I do. For anyone to do such would be usurping authority over God. That is in God's justice and court. Whether we like it or not, what He did and does by judgment is fully righteous whether it be baby or full-grown adult.

BTW, if you take time and read my posts carefully, you will not find any place that I state that innocent babies or children are bound for eternal torments. Why make such an assertion without any facts? It would probably be best when you attempt to judge my position is to simply ask and I may disclose that information. Although it is rare that I discuss my beliefs about such things in these forums, but primarily share some thoughts on the various topics being discussed.

Word up!

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

branham1965 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:51 am
You know he is pre - trib like Reverend Dake.
How do you know what he believe concerning pre-trib? Has he told you?

Word up!

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

He believes as Reverend Dake does. We are friends and chat off of here.
luchnia wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:20 pm
branham1965 wrote:

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

branham1965 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:18 pm
He believes as Reverend Dake does. We are friends and chat off of here.
luchnia wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:20 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Thanks. I was wondering. Seems interesting since his posts are not consistent with Dake's beliefs.

Word up!

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

OK guys here is something you can chew on!

Jeroboam was a wicked king.

1 Kings 14:7-11 (NKJV) 7 Go, tell Jeroboam, 'Thus says the LORD God of Israel: "Because I exalted you from among the people, and made you ruler over My people Israel,
8 and tore the kingdom away from the house of David, and gave it to you; and yet you have not been as My servant David, who kept My commandments and who followed Me with all his heart, to do only what was right in My eyes;
9 but you have done more evil than all who were before you, for you have gone and made for yourself other gods and molded images to provoke Me to anger, and have cast Me behind your back--
10 therefore behold! I will bring disaster on the house of Jeroboam, and will cut off from Jeroboam every male in Israel, bond and free; I will take away the remnant of the house of Jeroboam, as one takes away refuse until it is all gone.
11 The dogs shall eat whoever belongs to Jeroboam and dies in the city, and the birds of the air shall eat whoever dies in the field; for the LORD has spoken!" '

The Lord said his son would die BUT his son would be buried where all others of Jeroboam's house would not be buried but be eaten by the birds and the dogs.

The prophet told the child's mother:

1 Kings 14:12-13 (NKJV) 12 Arise therefore, go to your own house. When your feet enter the city, the child shall die.
13 And all Israel shall mourn for him and bury him, for he is the only one of Jeroboam who shall come to the grave, because in him there is found something good toward the LORD God of Israel in the house of Jeroboam.

And so it was:

1 Kings 14:17-18 (NKJV) 17 Then Jeroboam's wife arose and departed, and came to Tirzah. When she came to the threshold of the house, the child died.
18 And they buried him; and all Israel mourned for him, according to the word of the LORD which He spoke through His servant Ahijah the prophet.

So based on the story did the child who died go to Heaven?

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note