Dake Bible Discussion BoardThere is no man that sinneth not

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Re: There is no man that sinneth not

Post by Ironman »

luchnia wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:17 pm
Ironman wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:48 pm
Luke 1:5, For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

John was filled with the Holy Spirit from the womb, but he was not baptised with the Holy Spirit, (Matthew 3:13-14),

V, 13, Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.
V, 14, But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Eccl. 7: 20, For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not.

Romans 3: 10, As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

Romans 3: 23, For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
So John was not a just man? Most interesting. I guess Jesus could have been mistaken and was not aware that John was not a just man.
I don't care what you guess. God's Holy Word in many Scriptures states "all have sinned," except Jesus of course. I posted just three, like it or lump it.

Look, read and believe;

2 Tim. 3:16, All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

You are now nit-picking. Why don't you just tear out of your bible the things you do not believe and be done with it and stop arguing about trivial rubbish? No wonder people leave here and go to other boards.

Where in Scripture does it teach that John was immaculately concieved, like catholics say Mary was???

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

Ironman wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:48 pm
Luke 1:5, For he (John the Baptist) shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

John was filled with the Holy Spirit from the womb, but he was not baptised with the Holy Spirit, (Matthew 3:13-14),
V, 13, Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.
V, 14, But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?
I have to admit I had never thought of that scenario before.
I suppose that the baptism of the Holy Ghost is different than having the Spirit from John's mother's womb.
The Holy Spirit was given to some men in the OT, but wasn't always a permanent condition...like Saul.
The present day baptism of the Holy Ghost is still a function of God, but promised only to those who have turned from sin. (Acts 2:38)
In the OT, the Spirit was given to initiate or do some special project of/for God.
It wasn't rebirth.
Now, It "quickens" those who were dead in trespasses and sins and have killed the old man and been raised with Christ to walk in newness of life. (Rom 8:11, Rom 6:6)
Eccl. 7: 20, For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not.
These OT citings were used by Paul to show the Jews that they were just as much in need of a Savior as the Gentiles were.
The Law made them no better than the pagans were.
He went on from there to teach about the new way of God: by faith instead of by the deeds of the Law.
Last edited by Hill Top on Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

Ironman wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:58 pm

You are now nit-picking. Why don't you just tear out of your bible the things you do not believe and be done with it and stop arguing about trivial rubbish? No wonder people leave here and go to other boards.
Not sure why you are so hateful toward me, but to me there is nothing in God's word that is "trivial rubbish." You are welcome to NOT reply to my posts.

Word up!

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

luchnia wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:19 am
Ironman wrote:

Not sure why you are so hateful toward me, but to me there is nothing in God's word that is "trivial rubbish." You are welcome to NOT reply to my posts.
Not being hateful just pointing out a fact. You nit pick plain easy to understand Scriptures to pieces.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

Ironman wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:40 pm
luchnia wrote:
Ironman wrote:

Not being hateful just pointing out a fact. You nit pick plain easy to understand Scriptures to pieces.
You consider the text in question easy to understand and I as well, yet your easy understanding differs from mine. I offered a different view. Just because it is easy to understand for you, doesn't mean you hold the truth about it. It also doesn't mean that I have the truth about it. We could both be wrong, or one of us could be right.

Word up!

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

luchnia wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:21 pm
Ironman wrote:
luchnia wrote:
Ironman wrote:

You consider the text in question easy to understand and I as well, yet your easy understanding differs from mine. I offered a different view. Just because it is easy to understand for you, doesn't mean you hold the truth about it. It also doesn't mean that I have the truth about it. We could both be wrong, or one of us could be right.
Tell you who is right, "GOD'S HOLY INSPIRED WRITTEN WORD IS RIGHT." Even people filled with the Holy Spirit have sinned.

For example, King Saul, who was once in God's favour or grace and who had the Holy Spirit, lost that favour and was destroyed because of sin (1 Chron. 10:13-14). He committed suicide and must be lost, for no murderer has eternal life (1 Sam.28:7-25; 31:1-6; 1 John 3:15; Gal. 5:19-21). life.

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

TruthSeeker wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:31 pm
I see what you and SBD are getting at with John the Baptist but I don't want to assume what you two mean. Are you saying that John the Baptist was born with out sin and there is no record that he ever did sin during his lifetime?

If that is what you mean, what about 1John 1:8 "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us"
1 John 1 is written to the church about two very different kinds of "walk".
One in darkness, (sin).
One in the light, (God).
Those walking in darkness cannot say they have no sin, but those who walk in the light, (God), can say they have no sin: as verse 7 says..."But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin."
ALL sin !
Why can't that man who remains in the light say he has no sin?
As for John the Baptist, no man is born with sin on them, as it is impossible for a baby to commit anything.
Men with the Spirit of God in them do not commit sin.
In the OT, men could, and did receive the Spirit for lengths of time, but It did not always remain on them.
Why couldn't the Spirit remain on/in John for his entire life?
He had the Spirit of Elias and was the prophet that heralded the coming Savior. Why couldn't he have had the Spirit, and remained faithful for his entire life?

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

Ironman wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:16 pm
luchnia wrote:
Ironman wrote:
luchnia wrote:
Ironman wrote:

Tell you who is right, "GOD'S HOLY INSPIRED WRITTEN WORD IS RIGHT." Even people filled with the Holy Spirit have sinned.

For example, King Saul, who was once in God's favour or grace and who had the Holy Spirit, lost that favour and was destroyed because of sin (1 Chron. 10:13-14). He committed suicide and must be lost, for no murderer has eternal life (1 Sam.28:7-25; 31:1-6; 1 John 3:15; Gal. 5:19-21). life.
I thought you had a better understanding of God's Holy inspired written word, however I was greatly in error. The Holy Spirit is incapable of sin. Making the Spirit of God liable for sin by taking scripture out of context building erroneous doctrines on it is dangerous territory to walk. To each his own.

Word up!

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

Hill Top wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:25 pm
TruthSeeker wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:31 pm
I see what you and SBD are getting at with John the Baptist but I don't want to assume what you two mean. Are you saying that John the Baptist was born with out sin and there is no record that he ever did sin during his lifetime?

If that is what you mean, what about 1John 1:8 "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us"
1 John 1 is written to the church about two very different kinds of "walk".
One in darkness, (sin).
One in the light, (God).
Those walking in darkness cannot say they have no sin, but those who walk in the light, (God), can say they have no sin: as verse 7 says..."But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin."
ALL sin !
Why can't that man who remains in the light say he has no sin?
As for John the Baptist, no man is born with sin on them, as it is impossible for a baby to commit anything.
Men with the Spirit of God in them do not commit sin.
In the OT, men could, and did receive the Spirit for lengths of time, but It did not always remain on them.
Why couldn't the Spirit remain on/in John for his entire life?
He had the Spirit of Elias and was the prophet that heralded the coming Savior. Why couldn't he have had the Spirit, and remained faithful for his entire life?
Indeed there are two paths and the narrow way is not full of "holy spirit sinners." The saints walk in the divine nature of God and are the righteousness of Christ Jesus and have the Spirit of Christ. Those that sin are none of His. It is Christ who lives in us, with us, and works through us. As Dake put it, "...the real Christian is holy..."

Here is another quote from Dake that is spot on the mark: "Do not let men deceive you into thinking that there is no such thing as a clean, holy, and victorious life in Christ secure from sin, the flesh, the world, and the devil. If you are not saved from these things you are not saved from Hell..."

The saint of God identifies with Romans 10 as well as many other verses.
Romans 10:9-11 (KJV)
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Jesus is our redemption, sanctification, justification, and wisdom. Jesus freed us from ALL sin that we do not have to walk in it. A man can walk the path of light and righteousness and must or he will perish without God.

Here is more...
Romans 3:21-26 (KJV)
21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Word up!

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

luchnia wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:58 am
Ironman wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:16 pm
luchnia wrote:
Ironman wrote:
luchnia wrote:
Ironman wrote:

I thought you had a better understanding of God's Holy inspired written word, however I was greatly in error. The Holy Spirit is incapable of sin. Making the Spirit of God liable for sin by taking scripture out of context building erroneous doctrines on it is dangerous territory to walk. To each his own.
Are you on something? Where did I say the Holy Spirit is capable of sin?