Dake Bible Discussion BoardThere is no man that sinneth not

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: There is no man that sinneth not

Post by Ironman » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:05 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:53 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:28 am
There is no man that sinneth not
Was Jesus a man?

If there are not any exceptions, then Jesus sinned.

If there Jesus is an exception, could it be possible that there are some that are also made exceptions through Him?

It is possible to "Go, and sin no more."

All people inherited sin from Adam and Eve, specifically from Adam. Sin is described in the Bible as transgression of the law of God (1 John 3:4) and rebellion against God (Deuteronomy 9:7; Joshua 1:18). Genesis 3 describes Adam and Eve’s rebellion against God and His command. Because of Adam and Eve’s disobedience, sin has been an “inheritance” for all of their descendants. Romans 5:12 tells us that, through Adam, sin entered the world and so death was passed on to all men because all have sinned. This passed-on sin is known as inherited sin. Just as we inherit physical characteristics from our parents, we inherit our sinful nature from Adam.

Jesus, the second Adam did not inherit original sin from Adam.

And Yes, Jesus was a man or He would not have been able to die in our stead. The difference between Jesus the man, (as God he had no beginning, but as a man He had a beginning), Jesus was tempted in all things as we are tempted, but He was able to resist temptation and He never sinned. Had He sinned, we would all be doomed forever.

When did Jesus become a man?

Psa 2:7
I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

Act 13:33
God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

Now if you have never ever sinned, must we call you Jesus????? :smile:

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:10 pm

Ironman wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:05 pm
All people inherited sin from Adam and Eve, specifically from Adam. Sin is described in the Bible as transgression of the law of God (1 John 3:4) and rebellion against God (Deuteronomy 9:7; Joshua 1:18). Genesis 3 describes Adam and Eve’s rebellion against God and His command. Because of Adam and Eve’s disobedience, sin has been an “inheritance” for all of their descendants. Romans 5:12 tells us that, through Adam, sin entered the world and so death was passed on to all men because all have sinned. This passed-on sin is known as inherited sin. Just as we inherit physical characteristics from our parents, we inherit our sinful nature from Adam.
https://www.gotquestions.org/inherit-sin.html

Isaiah 29:12-13 New King James Version
Then the book is delivered to one who is illiterate, saying, "Read this, please." And he says, "I am not literate." Therefore the LORD said: "Inasmuch as these people draw near with their mouths And honor Me with their lips, But have removed their hearts far from Me, And their fear toward Me is taught by the commandment of men...

luchnia
He that Maketh Haste to be Rich shall not be Innocent

Post by luchnia » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:46 pm

None of the scriptures posted yet show that Jesus fought against the world, the flesh, or the devil. To be tempted as a man does not mean He fought with anything. Maybe he fought as a child, but there is no record in God's word of that.

He did not fight with the world as He was not of the world, it had nothing on Him. He did not fight with His flesh, as He offered up His flesh to be sacrificed. The devil did not fight Him, He made an open public humiliation of the devil, so what is left? Demons? He never fought a demon.

He simply gave WORD and that was that. No battle, no fighting, nothing. Never ceases to amaze me where folks conjure up this stuff from to make Jesus powerless. Just think a man that could call down legions of angels fighting with the world, the flesh, or the devil - what an irony! Anyone see the dilemma in that one?

Word up!

luchnia

Post by luchnia » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:53 pm

Ironman wrote:
All people inherited sin from Adam and Eve, specifically from Adam.
The word "all" is a very interesting word and it is often used in a manner that is not inclusive of everything in the subject matter. Where did John the Baptist inherit his sin from since he was filled with the Holy Spirit in the womb of his mother? Did it still come from Adam and Eve?

Since he was filled with the Spirit from birth does that mean that the Spirit took up company with John's sin that he inherited from Adam and Eve? That question is worth some thought.

Word up!

Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Ironman » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:48 pm

luchnia wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:53 pm
Ironman wrote:
The word "all" is a very interesting word and it is often used in a manner that is not inclusive of everything in the subject matter. Where did John the Baptist inherit his sin from since he was filled with the Holy Spirit in the womb of his mother? Did it still come from Adam and Eve?

Since he was filled with the Spirit from birth does that mean that the Spirit took up company with John's sin that he inherited from Adam and Eve? That question is worth some thought.
Luke 1:5, For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

John was filled with the Holy Spirit from the womb, but he was not baptised with the Holy Spirit, (Matthew 3:13-14),

V, 13, Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.
V, 14, But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Eccl. 7: 20, For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not.

Romans 3: 10, As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

Romans 3: 23, For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

luchnia

Post by luchnia » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:17 pm

Ironman wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:48 pm
Luke 1:5, For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

John was filled with the Holy Spirit from the womb, but he was not baptised with the Holy Spirit, (Matthew 3:13-14),

V, 13, Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.
V, 14, But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?

Eccl. 7: 20, For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not.

So John was not a just man? Most interesting. I guess Jesus could have been mistaken and was not aware that John was not a just man.

Word up!

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:17 pm

THANK YOU MY COBBER ADINO.

Ironman wrote:
luchnia wrote:
Ironman wrote:

Ironman

Post by Ironman » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:58 pm

luchnia wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:17 pm
Ironman wrote:

So John was not a just man? Most interesting. I guess Jesus could have been mistaken and was not aware that John was not a just man.
I don't care what you guess. God's Holy Word in many Scriptures states "all have sinned," except Jesus of course. I posted just three, like it or lump it.

Look, read and believe;

2 Tim. 3:16, All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

You are now nit-picking. Why don't you just tear out of your bible the things you do not believe and be done with it and stop arguing about trivial rubbish? No wonder people leave here and go to other boards.

Where in Scripture does it teach that John was immaculately concieved, like catholics say Mary was???

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:30 pm

Ironman wrote:
luchnia wrote:

I believe that it means that John was born again in the womb, prior to being filled with the Spirit. I believe this happened when Elizabeth heard Mary's voice and John leaped in response.

Isaiah 29:12-13 New King James Version
Then the book is delivered to one who is illiterate, saying, "Read this, please." And he says, "I am not literate." Therefore the LORD said: "Inasmuch as these people draw near with their mouths And honor Me with their lips, But have removed their hearts far from Me, And their fear toward Me is taught by the commandment of men...

Hill Top
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shall the Lord Satisfy Thy Soul in Drought

Post by Hill Top » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:59 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:19 pm
Only as something to strive for. . . A goal to aspire to. . .
But unobtainable?