Dake Bible Discussion BoardDivine Healing Technician Training Course

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Divine Healing Technician Training Course

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:21 pm

TruthSeeker wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:33 pm
I do know someone on this board that constantly is trying to add to the requirements for biblical salvation.

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:48 pm
● Please, list all of the requirements to biblical salvation?

TruthSeeker wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:40 pm
I agree with Dake's GPFM page 71 V. How it is Received first paragraph. Nothing is said there about water baptism as a requirement.

Finis J. Dake. wrote: V. What the New Birth is and How it is Received

The new birth is a new creation from above, the direct operation of the Word of God and the Spirit of God upon your life, changing you completely when you truly repent and turn to God. This is brought about in the following manner: first, recognize that you are a sinner and lost, without God and without hope; second, admit that Jesus Christ died on the cross to save you from sin by His own precious blood; third, come to God repenting of your sins and turning away from all sin, pleading the merits of the blood of Christ in the name of Jesus Christ, and you shall be born again; that is, the Holy Spirit will then definitely make you a new creature, cleansing you from all sin by the authority of the Word of God and by the blood of Christ that was shed to atone for your sins; and fourth, you must believe from the heart when you confess with the mouth that God forgives you of your sins and that He cleanses you from all unrighteousness.

Scriptures for your authority to confess and believe are the following: “As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name” (Jn. 1:12-13); “Him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out” (Jn. 6:37); “Whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life” (Jn. 3:14-21, 36; 5:24); “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved; For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation . . . For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved” (Rom. 1:16 through Rom. 10:9-13); “Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out” (Acts 2:38-39; 3:19; 16:31); “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast” (Eph. 2:1-10); “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (1 Jn. 1:9).

The new birth is not a coming into existence of the body, soul, and spirit; it is simply the cleansing of his body, soul, and spirit from all sin by grace through faith in the precious blood of Jesus Christ (Rom. 3:25), by the Word of God (Jn. 3:5; 15:3; Eph. 5:26; Jas. 1:18; 1 Pet. 1:23), and by the direct power of the Holy Spirit (1 Cor. 6:11; 12:13; Titus 3:5). It is the new creature experience of a person being renewed in righteousness and true holiness (2 Cor. 5:17-18; Gal. 5:24; Eph. 4:24). It is the blotting out of all sins that have separated a man from God (Isa. 59:2; Acts 3:19; 1 Jn. 1:7, 9; 2:29; 3:6-10; 5:1-4, 18). It is genuine conversion from death to life and from the power of Satan to the power of God (Mt. 18:3; Acts 3:19; 26:18; Jas. 5:19-20). It is the adoption of a person of the family of Adam and the family of Satan into the family of God (Rom. 8:14-16; Gal. 4:4-5; Eph. 1:5; 3:14-15; 1 Jn. 3:8-10). To compare the new birth with physical conception, begetting, birth, and human existence leads to too many false ideas, for the two births and two lives are not parallel at all.
  1. One does not exist as a human being before his natural birth; he truly must be in existence before he can be born again.
  2. One does not choose his natural birth, his parents, or environment; but he must choose the new birth and all the consecrations of Christian living (Jn. 3:16; Rev. 22:17).
  3. One does not repent in order to become a human being by natural birth; but he must repent and obey the Gospel daily to be a child of God (Mk. 1:15; 16:16; Lk 13:1-5; Acts 2:38).
  4. The first experience is the actual coming into existence of a new body, soul, and spirit—a new person; whereas, the other is merely the reconciliation of such a person to God (2 Cor. 5:17-21).
  5. The former is a literal, actual conception and birth to become a human being; the latter is simply an adoption of a human being into the family of God (Rom. 8:14-16; Gal. 4:4-5; Eph. 1:5; 3:14-15; 1 Jn. 3:8-10).
  6. The one is coming into existence as an unclean sinner; the other is the cleansing of the sinner from all sin and uncleanness (1 Cor. 6:11; 1 Jn. 1:7-9; Rev. 1:5; 5:10; 7:14).
  7. A person has no responsibility regarding his natural birth; in the new birth he has personal responsibility in the initial phase as well as in the continued life of daily righteousness and true holiness, which are required (Jn. 6:37; Lk. 9:23; Rom. 6:14-23; 8:12-13; 12:1-2; 2 Cor. 10:4-10; 2 Pet. 1:4-10).

VI. What the Water of the New Birth Means

The Word of God is the “water” referred to in Jn. 3:5, as proven in Eph. 5:26; Jn. 6:63; 15:3; 17:17; 1 Pet. 1:23; Jas. 1:18. When one believes the Word of God that he is a sinner, that Christ died to save him from all sin, that if he confesses his sins to God and turns from sin with a whole heart and believes the Gospel, he is conforming to the Word, then the Holy Spirit will transform his life by the power of the Word of God and the blood of Christ. The moment one does this he is saved and born again. He must believe it and walk accordingly. He must begin reading the Bible and praying to God. He must begin to walk and live in the Spirit and conform to the Word of God as he receives the light (1 Jn. 1:7; Jn. 8:31-32).

— God's Plan for Man. Supplement Two.

Why would a person who has done all of the above refuse to be water baptized, if possible?

It would seem to me that water baptism is one of Christ's commandments and that failure to obey the commandment to be water baptized would be sinful. What could be worse than refusing to publicly identify with Christ in His death and resurrection through water baptism? How long could a so-called Christian claim to be a Christian without being water baptized assuming there were no impediments preventing his water baptism?

SPIRITUAL SERVICE
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. — ROMANS 12:1

Hill Top
He Shall Baptize Thee with the Holy Ghost and Fire

Post by Hill Top » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:31 pm

TruthSeeker wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:33 pm

I agree that any additive to the gospel Paul preached has nothing to do with salvation, but its not my additive. But I do know someone on this board that constantly is trying to add to the requirements for biblical salvation. Paul had some strong words for any person or angel who brought another gospel than what he preached. And why it is allowed on this board I don't understand.

I haven't seen it, but you have been here longer than I have.
Please remember though, that the gospel..."good news", is that Christ died in our place for our sins.
To infer that faith, belief, grace, obedience, endurance, etc. are unnecessary, is a mistake.
Where would we be without repentance from sin?
Continually committing sin.
How can one have a Lord and Master they don't obey?

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:40 pm

TruthSeeker wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:40 pm
● Please, list all of the requirements to biblical salvation?

I agree with Dake's GPFM page 71 V. How it is Received first paragraph. Nothing is said there about water baptism as a requirement.
Jesus said..."He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved;" (Mark 16:16)
I believe Jesus.
● Who is adding to these requirements?
Seriously?
HillTop
If it is agreed that water baptism is a requirement for salvation and that the baptismal water is the blood of Christ then the mission of this bible board should be changed to "The study of every wind of doctrine in dishonor of Finis J Dake".
Can you tell us how the blood of Christ was applied to you?
If you don't think that the study of all doctrine is important, you are lost already.

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:47 pm

Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:53 pm
No, it is not agreed that water baptism is a requirement. Hill Top has made the best case that I have seen for that argument, but since most do not agree, it is definitely fair to say that it is not agreed thereto. We need more people to present a solid biblical arguments against the varying winds of doctrine that blow hither and thither.
If "most people" get a mark on their hand or head, will you do so too?

Show the biblical means wherby you exclude water baptism from necessity for salvation.
Then you can use the bible to explain why the Ethiopian eunuch, Paul, the Samaritans, Cornelius, and the twelve at Ephesus were baptized in water.
Last edited by Hill Top on Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:59 pm

Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:21 pm
"Finis J. Dake."
V. What the New Birth is and How it is Received

The new birth is a new creation from above, the direct operation of the Word of God and the Spirit of God upon your life, changing you completely when you truly repent and turn to God. This is brought about in the following manner: first, recognize that you are a sinner and lost, without God and without hope; second, admit that Jesus Christ died on the cross to save you from sin by His own precious blood; third, come to God repenting of your sins and turning away from all sin, pleading the merits of the blood of Christ in the name of Jesus Christ, and you shall be born again; that is, the Holy Spirit will then definitely make you a new creature, cleansing you from all sin by the authority of the Word of God and by the blood of Christ that was shed to atone for your sins; and fourth, you must believe from the heart when you confess with the mouth that God forgives you of your sins and that He cleanses you from all unrighteousness.

Scriptures for your authority to confess and believe are the following: “As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name” (Jn. 1:12-13); “Him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out” (Jn. 6:37); “Whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life” (Jn. 3:14-21, 36; 5:24); “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved; For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation . . . For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved” (Rom. 1:16 through Rom. 10:9-13); “Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out” (Acts 2:38-39; 3:19; 16:31); “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast” (Eph. 2:1-10); “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (1 Jn. 1:9).

The new birth is not a coming into existence of the body, soul, and spirit; it is simply the cleansing of his body, soul, and spirit from all sin by grace through faith in the precious blood of Jesus Christ (Rom. 3:25), by the Word of God (Jn. 3:5; 15:3; Eph. 5:26; Jas. 1:18; 1 Pet. 1:23), and by the direct power of the Holy Spirit (1 Cor. 6:11; 12:13; Titus 3:5). It is the new creature experience of a person being renewed in righteousness and true holiness (2 Cor. 5:17-18; Gal. 5:24; Eph. 4:24). It is the blotting out of all sins that have separated a man from God (Isa. 59:2; Acts 3:19; 1 Jn. 1:7, 9; 2:29; 3:6-10; 5:1-4, 18). It is genuine conversion from death to life and from the power of Satan to the power of God (Mt. 18:3; Acts 3:19; 26:18; Jas. 5:19-20). It is the adoption of a person of the family of Adam and the family of Satan into the family of God (Rom. 8:14-16; Gal. 4:4-5; Eph. 1:5; 3:14-15; 1 Jn. 3:8-10). To compare the new birth with physical conception, begetting, birth, and human existence leads to too many false ideas, for the two births and two lives are not parallel at all.
  1. One does not exist as a human being before his natural birth; he truly must be in existence before he can be born again.
  2. One does not choose his natural birth, his parents, or environment; but he must choose the new birth and all the consecrations of Christian living (Jn. 3:16; Rev. 22:17).
  3. One does not repent in order to become a human being by natural birth; but he must repent and obey the Gospel daily to be a child of God (Mk. 1:15; 16:16; Lk 13:1-5; Acts 2:38).
  4. The first experience is the actual coming into existence of a new body, soul, and spirit—a new person; whereas, the other is merely the reconciliation of such a person to God (2 Cor. 5:17-21).
  5. The former is a literal, actual conception and birth to become a human being; the latter is simply an adoption of a human being into the family of God (Rom. 8:14-16; Gal. 4:4-5; Eph. 1:5; 3:14-15; 1 Jn. 3:8-10).
  6. The one is coming into existence as an unclean sinner; the other is the cleansing of the sinner from all sin and uncleanness (1 Cor. 6:11; 1 Jn. 1:7-9; Rev. 1:5; 5:10; 7:14).
  7. A person has no responsibility regarding his natural birth; in the new birth he has personal responsibility in the initial phase as well as in the continued life of daily righteousness and true holiness, which are required (Jn. 6:37; Lk. 9:23; Rom. 6:14-23; 8:12-13; 12:1-2; 2 Cor. 10:4-10; 2 Pet. 1:4-10).

VI. What the Water of the New Birth Means

The Word of God is the “water” referred to in Jn. 3:5, as proven in Eph. 5:26; Jn. 6:63; 15:3; 17:17; 1 Pet. 1:23; Jas. 1:18. When one believes the Word of God that he is a sinner, that Christ died to save him from all sin, that if he confesses his sins to God and turns from sin with a whole heart and believes the Gospel, he is conforming to the Word, then the Holy Spirit will transform his life by the power of the Word of God and the blood of Christ. The moment one does this he is saved and born again. He must believe it and walk accordingly. He must begin reading the Bible and praying to God. He must begin to walk and live in the Spirit and conform to the Word of God as he receives the light (1 Jn. 1:7; Jn. 8:31-32).

— God's Plan for Man. Supplement Two.

Why would a person who has done all of the above refuse to be water baptized, if possible?
t would seem to me that water baptism is one of Christ's commandments and that failure to obey the commandment to be water baptized would be sinful. What could be worse than refusing to publicly identify with Christ in His death and resurrection through water baptism? How long could a so-called Christian claim to be a Christian without being water baptized assuming there were no impediments preventing his water baptism?
Why?
Because someone told them it wasn't necessary!

Thank you Spiritblade for posting the doctrine of rev Dake.
His concluding paragraph nullifies the entirety of the document.

Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:28 pm

TruthSeeker wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:17 pm
God is no respecter of persons... He is only a respecter of faith.
Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:42 pm
Interesting. But, perhaps, not quite accurate.
TruthSeeker wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:42 am
The above statement is perhaps interesting to the over analytical and religious mind but to the just that shall live by faith it is exciting! Not only exciting but very accurate. "... and without faith it is impossible to please God" Hebrews 11:6. To me that is pretty straight forward to what God respects.

Does the Bible anywhere say that "the UNJUST shall live by faith alone"? What scripture shows that the UNJUST shall live by faith alone?

Certainly, it is impossible to please God without faith, but where does the Bible say that faith alone is pleasing to God?

SPIRITUAL SERVICE
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. — ROMANS 12:1

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:32 pm

Acts 10:34-35 King James Version
Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, "Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: but in every nation he that feareth Him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with Him."
TruthSeeker wrote:
Great scripture but not in context with the points I made about receiving healing from God by faith.

Although you don't see it as being in the context of the points that you made about receiving healing from God by faith, I do. I see a great similarity between how healing is received as to how salvation is received.

SPIRITUAL SERVICE

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:38 pm

It seems that it takes more than just faith. It takes fearing Him and working righteousness.
TruthSeeker wrote:
I would contend that even those attributes come by faith along with all the other things that pertains to life and godliness that we receive by faith.

And, I would contend that faith while having no fear of God before one's eyes and continuing in unrighteousness is not the faith that receives healing nor salvation.

SPIRITUAL SERVICE

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:41 pm

Faith alone is dead and isn't much different than the faith of devils, who believe and tremble, but do not work righteousness.
TruthSeeker wrote:
Again out of context. Big difference between devils believing there is a God and a believer receiving God's promises by faith that works by love that no devil has.
How exactly does faith alone receive God's promises?

SPIRITUAL SERVICE

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:43 pm

James 2:17-20 King James Version
Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. Yea, a man may say, "Thou hast faith, and I have works:" shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
Faith alone will get you about as much respect from God as the devils get from Him.
TruthSeeker wrote:
You can make excuses not to live by faith if you want to but it doesn't please God. "Beware lest any man spoil(cheat) you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ". Colossians 2:8 The previous verse Paul tells them to be stablished in the faith. That is good enough for me

How does one live by dead faith?

Talk about being spoiled by philosophy, vain deceit, traditions, and rudiments!

SPIRITUAL SERVICE