Dake Bible Discussion BoardDivine Healing Technician Training Course

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Hill Top
Behold, I Give You Power to Tread Over All the Power of the Enemy

Re: Divine Healing Technician Training Course

Post by Hill Top » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:20 pm

luchnia wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:31 pm
I guess Jesus was really confused about the born again experience that He spoke about in John chapter 3.
I find that very unlikely, but you are welcome to your own opinion.

TruthSeeker
Wrestle Not Against Flesh and Blood

Post by TruthSeeker » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:45 am

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:14 pm
TruthSeeker wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:25 pm
Truth seeker wrote
"One can doubt in their head and believe in their heart."

After writing that statement, I had a check on the inside. Jesus said in Luke 12:29 "..neither be ye of doubtful mind".

I'm not sure if one can have faith in their heart but yet doubt in their mind. It is a statement I've heard more than once in church but I'm not sure if it is backed up by scripture.
I think there is "heart faith" and "head faith." And, that the two are not the same. Ideally having both is best.
Thanks for your response. I agree having both is best. Based on Galatians 3:22-25 I'm not sure for those in the O.T. if it was possible for them to have the same heart faith as those after Pentecost. Even if it was only head faith they had in the O.T., based on Hebrews 11 they did more mighty things with the faith they had then many of us Christians do in the new covenant. That needs to change and I believe it is going to.

TruthSeeker

Post by TruthSeeker » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:15 pm

Hill top wrote
Actually, the word divides the spiritual, (soul and spirit) from the physical, (joints and morrow).

No. Actually, the word of God divides asunder all 3 from each other: spirit, soul, and body(joints and marrow).
That is the point Paul is making. A lot of people think they are being led by their spirit but are being led either by their soul or body.
The word of God is what helps people know which one is leading them. The spirit of man is the candle of the Lord. (Prov. 20:27)

Hill Top wrote
Which category is "heart" in?
Either.

No. Heart/spirit is not mind. Hebrews 8:10 ".. I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts."

luchnia
God is Able to Make All Grace Abound Toward You; that Ye May Always Have All Sufficiency in All Things

Post by luchnia » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:23 pm

Hill Top wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:20 pm
luchnia wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:31 pm
I guess Jesus was really confused about the born again experience that He spoke about in John chapter 3.
I find that very unlikely, but you are welcome to your own opinion.
I agree that it is unlikely, yet, you imply none were born again before Jesus died. That presents opposition to what He taught.

Word up!

luchnia
God is Able to Make All Grace Abound Toward You; that Ye May Always Have All Sufficiency in All Things

Post by luchnia » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:40 pm

TruthSeeker wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:15 pm
Hill top wrote
Actually, the word divides the spiritual, (soul and spirit) from the physical, (joints and morrow).

No. Actually, the word of God divides asunder all 3 from each other: spirit, soul, and body(joints and marrow).
That is the point Paul is making. A lot of people think they are being led by their spirit but are being led either by their soul or body.
The word of God is what helps people know which one is leading them. The spirit of man is the candle of the Lord. (Prov. 20:27)

Hill Top wrote
Either.

No. Heart/spirit is not mind. Hebrews 8:10 ".. I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts."

I find it amazing how our spirit, mind, and body are very different yet connected. The mind being the item that is transformable as we grow through knowledge. Even when the body ages, the mind can grow.

When you hear the words of the Holy Spirit you realize they are not words of the mind of a man which I often find hard to explain. I have only run across this a small number of times in my entire 45 years since conversion. Those few times I knew without doubt that the words were from the Holy Spirit and not from the mind of a man.

I do hear people say the Spirit said this and the Spirit said that, but most of the time that is the person speaking out of ignorance and not the Holy Spirit. You also hear people say God told them this and that as well. Sadly you see quite a bit of this today.

Word up!

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:16 pm

TruthSeeker wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:15 pm
Hill top wrote

Isn't that exactly what I just posted?
The word of God divides the spiritual from the physical?
Hill Top wrote
Either.

I see heart and mind as interchangeable.

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:18 pm

luchnia wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:23 pm
I agree that it is unlikely, yet, you imply none were born again before Jesus died. That presents opposition to what He taught.
Better spell it out for us slow folks.
If men could be reborn before Jesus' death and resurrection it should be seen in scripture.

TruthSeeker

Post by TruthSeeker » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:00 pm

Hill top wrote
I see heart and mind as interchangeable.

They are not interchangeable but one does affect the other.
The heart/spirit has more to do with desires, attitudes, and it is the why one does what he does. It is the place where one chooses to obey or disobey God and give Him glory.
The mind turns those desires, attitudes into thoughts that gives rise to words and actions.

We are commanded to renew both -- ( Mind- Romans 12:2 , Spirit of our Mind (Heart Attitude) Eph. 4:23)

We are commanded to guard our hearts (attitudes, desires) with all diligence because from the heart (desires) comes the issues(thought processes) of life. Prov 4:23

Going backwards with Eph. 4:17-18 Blindness(hardness) of heart - ignorance - cut off from God - vanity of mind

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:06 pm

TruthSeeker wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:00 pm
They are not interchangeable but one does affect the other.
The heart/spirit has more to do with desires, attitudes, and it is the why one does what he does. It is the place where one chooses to obey or disobey God and give Him glory.
The mind turns those desires, attitudes into thoughts that gives rise to words and actions.
We are commanded to renew both -- ( Mind- Romans 12:2 , Spirit of our Mind (Heart Attitude) Eph. 4:23)
We are commanded to guard our hearts (attitudes, desires) with all diligence because from the heart (desires) comes the issues(thought processes) of life. Prov 4:23
Moving backwards with Eph. 4:17-18 Blindness(hardness) of heart - ignorance - cut off from God - vanity of mind
My heart pumps blood.
Metaphorically, it does all the things you mentioned.

luchnia

Post by luchnia » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:33 pm

Hill Top wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:18 pm
luchnia wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:23 pm
Better spell it out for us slow folks.
If men could be reborn before Jesus' death and resurrection it should be seen in scripture.
What was the born again experience that Jesus was speaking of in John chapter 3 before His death? Was that something that was not attainable while He was still living and He had to undertake His physical death first?

In your view, is that born-again new-birth experience different than salvation by faith in Christ? Most believe the initial experience of these two to be the same.

Word up!