Dake Bible Discussion BoardDivine Healing Technician Training Course

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
TruthSeeker
Wrestle Not Against Flesh and Blood

Re: Divine Healing Technician Training Course

Post by TruthSeeker » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:42 am

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:42 pm
TruthSeeker wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:17 pm
God is no respecter of persons... He is only a respecter of faith.
Interesting. But, perhaps, not quite accurate.

The above statement is perhaps interesting to the over analytical and religious mind but to the just that shall live by faith it is exciting! Not only exciting but very accurate. "... and without faith it is impossible to please God" Hebrews 11:6. To me that is pretty straight forward to what God respects.
Acts 10:34-35 King James Version
Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, "Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: but in every nation he that feareth Him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with Him."
Great scripture but not in context with the points I made about receiving healing from God by faith.

It seems that it takes more than just faith. It takes fearing Him and working righteousness.

I would contend that even those attributes come by faith along with all the other things that pertains to life and godliness that we receive by faith.

Faith alone is dead and isn't much different than the faith of devils, who believe and tremble, but do not work righteousness.

Again out of context. Big difference between devils believing there is a God and a believer receiving God's promises by faith that works by love that no devil has.
James 2:17-20 King James Version
Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. Yea, a man may say, "Thou hast faith, and I have works:" shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
Faith alone will get you about as much respect from God as the devils get from Him.

You can make excuses not to live by faith if you want to but it doesn't please God. "Beware lest any man spoil(cheat) you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ". Colossians 2:8 The previous verse Paul tells them to be stablished in the faith. That is good enough for me

luchnia
God is Able to Make All Grace Abound Toward You; that Ye May Always Have All Sufficiency in All Things

Post by luchnia » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:10 pm

TruthSeeker wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:42 am
You can make excuses not to live by faith if you want to but it doesn't please God. "Beware lest any man spoil(cheat) you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ". Colossians 2:8 The previous verse Paul tells them to be stablished in the faith. That is good enough for me
You know I wonder if healing is an area that the majority of people have the weakest faith or maybe don't exercise faith? Do you think that is the case? I think there is more sick people that simply do not believe they can be made whole. They will trust God for most everything in their lives except their health.

Oh one other thing. Here is a question around being established in the faith. Would that mean the exercising of faith and not simply the believing part? I remember Dake referring to faith having to be active and living in order to produce results.

Word up!

TruthSeeker

Post by TruthSeeker » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:35 pm

luchnia wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:10 pm
TruthSeeker wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:42 am
You know I wonder if healing is an area that the majority of people have the weakest faith or maybe don't exercise faith? Do you think that is the case? I think there is more sick people that simply do not believe they can be made whole. They will trust God for most everything in their lives except their health.

Yes people can have faith in one area and not in another. What one believes starts with thoughts. Thoughts come primarily from 3 different sources; 1) teaching 2) associations 3) life experiences. People a lot of times base what they believe about whether God will heal or not based on life experiences rather than what God's word says. They reason that God did or did not do this on themselves or somebody else. Not the God kind of faith.

Oh one other thing. Here is a question around being established in the faith. Would that mean the exercising of faith and not simply the believing part? I remember Dake referring to faith having to be active and living in order to produce results.
Faith comes from the heart. One can doubt in their head and believe in their heart. If one doubts in his head, must be quick to deal with it before gets into heart. Parable of sower is a great lesson on this.

Hill Top
Behold, I Give You Power to Tread Over All the Power of the Enemy

Post by Hill Top » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:58 pm

luchnia wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:56 am
Hill Top wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:22 pm
No. But don't forget...they were still men of the "flesh", not of the Spirit yet.
If they had refused a command to walk on water, it would have been a different situation.
So they were not born again of the Spirit?
They were not born again at all.
Nobody could be baptized into Christ, or into His death till after Jesus was crucified, and more importantly, raised from the dead "...to walk in newness of life".

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:03 pm

TruthSeeker wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:35 pm
Faith comes from the heart. One can doubt in their head and believe in their heart. If one doubts in his head, must be quick to deal with it before gets into heart. Parable of sower is a great lesson on this.
How can you differentiate between head (mind) and heart?
To me, they are the same.
The heart is a metaphor for the mind.

TruthSeeker

Post by TruthSeeker » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:21 pm

Hill Top wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:03 pm
TruthSeeker wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:35 pm
How can you differentiate between head (mind) and heart?
To me, they are the same.
The heart is a metaphor for the mind.

Mark 12:30 "Thou shalt love the Lord your God will all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and will all thy mind..."
Heart and mind are not the same. Heart and spirit in the bible are very close though.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. Prov. 3:5-6
The word of God divides spirit and soul. Heb. 4:12

TruthSeeker

Post by TruthSeeker » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:25 pm

Truth seeker wrote
"One can doubt in their head and believe in their heart."

After writing that statement, I had a check on the inside. Jesus said in Luke 12:29 "..neither be ye of doubtful mind".

I'm not sure if one can have faith in their heart but yet doubt in their mind. It is a statement I've heard more than once in church but I'm not sure if it is backed up by scripture.

Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:14 pm

TruthSeeker wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:25 pm
Truth seeker wrote
"One can doubt in their head and believe in their heart."

After writing that statement, I had a check on the inside. Jesus said in Luke 12:29 "..neither be ye of doubtful mind".

I'm not sure if one can have faith in their heart but yet doubt in their mind. It is a statement I've heard more than once in church but I'm not sure if it is backed up by scripture.
I think there is "heart faith" and "head faith." And, that the two are not the same. Ideally having both is best.

Acts 10:42-43 King James Version
"And He commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is He which was ordained of God to be the Judge of Quick and Dead. To Him give all the Prophets witness, that through His Name WHOSEVER BELIEVETH IN HIM SHALL RECEIVE REMISSION OF SINS."

luchnia
God is Able to Make All Grace Abound Toward You; that Ye May Always Have All Sufficiency in All Things

Post by luchnia » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:31 pm

Hill Top wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:58 pm
luchnia wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:56 am
Hill Top wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:22 pm
No. But don't forget...they were still men of the "flesh", not of the Spirit yet.
If they had refused a command to walk on water, it would have been a different situation.
So they were not born again of the Spirit?
They were not born again at all.
Nobody could be baptized into Christ, or into His death till after Jesus was crucified, and more importantly, raised from the dead "...to walk in newness of life".
I guess Jesus was really confused about the born again experience that He spoke about in John chapter 3.

Word up!

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:16 pm

TruthSeeker wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:21 pm
Mark 12:30 "Thou shalt love the Lord your God will all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and will all thy mind..."
Heart and mind are not the same. Heart and spirit in the bible are very close though.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. Prov. 3:5-

The word of God divides spirit and soul. Heb. 4:12
Actually, the word divides the spiritual, (soul and spirit) from the physical, (joints and morrow).
Which category is "heart" in?
Either.
Metaphorically, the heart could be soul/mind...spiritual, but physically it would be on organ of the body.
We are just playing with semantics here, I think.