Dake Bible Discussion BoardDivine Healing Technician Training Course

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Hill Top
Behold, I Give You Power to Tread Over All the Power of the Enemy

Re: Divine Healing Technician Training Course

Post by Hill Top » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:37 pm

luchnia wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:48 pm
Jesus did not even attempt to heal some. Some think this was because of their unbelief. Others believe He chose not to for some reason. It wasn't just healing, it was no mighty works. You would think that He could have healed on His faith alone, which would be my guess, yet for whatever reasons it did not occur in some areas.
True.
Jesus doesn't do anything for those in opposition to Him.

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:39 pm

luchnia wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:59 pm
I looked through a few videos and those I looked at was mostly John G. Lake history and how Curry got into it. Curry's story of what happened to him as a child is remarkable! It is amazing how he survived being run over with a car and he was pulled by the tire up through the wheel well. Ripped his ear completely off and top of his scalp all the way to his other ear and all sorts of damage. Doctors at first said he would die. To top it all of his dad was the one that ran over him.

The first few videos really doesn't have much technical analysis about healing, yet there was some nuggets here and there. I do plan to watch some of the others to see what is included.
Please keep us apprised of your findings.

luchnia
God is Able to Make All Grace Abound Toward You; that Ye May Always Have All Sufficiency in All Things

Post by luchnia » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:03 am

Hill Top wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:37 pm
luchnia wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:48 pm
Jesus did not even attempt to heal some. Some think this was because of their unbelief. Others believe He chose not to for some reason. It wasn't just healing, it was no mighty works. You would think that He could have healed on His faith alone, which would be my guess, yet for whatever reasons it did not occur in some areas.
True.
Jesus doesn't do anything for those in opposition to Him.
Your statement might pose a good question for another thread. Do you think that one that believes in Jesus for salvation, yet lacks faith for healing is in opposition to Jesus because of the lack of faith for healing? The disciples lacked faith for water-walking yet did they oppose Jesus because of that lack of faith?

One thing about God's word is there is never any lack for deeper discussions.

Word up!

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:22 pm

luchnia wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:03 am
Your statement might pose a good question for another thread. Do you think that one that believes in Jesus for salvation, yet lacks faith for healing is in opposition to Jesus because of the lack of faith for healing?
I don't think they are in opposition to Jesus.
They just haven't been given the gift of healing.
"Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?
Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with diverse kinds of tongues? do all interpret?" (1 Cor 12:29-30)
Not everyone is given gifts.
But how do you know you don't have one of the gifts if you never try to use it?
The disciples lacked faith for water-walking yet did they oppose Jesus because of that lack of faith?
No. But don't forget...they were still men of the "flesh", not of the Spirit yet.
If they had refused a command to walk on water, it would have been a different situation.
One thing about God's word is there is never any lack for deeper discussions.
That's for sure.

TruthSeeker
Wrestle Not Against Flesh and Blood

Post by TruthSeeker » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:17 pm

God forever answered the question if it His will to heal in Luke 5:13. God is no respecter of persons and He is the same yesterday, today, and forever! He is only a respecter of faith. Be it unto you according to your faith. These signs shall follow those who believe.... they will lay hands on the sick and they will recover. The prayer of faith for healing and the gifts of healing (one of the 9 gifts of the Spirit) are two different things. The prayer of faith works anytime and anywhere." According to your faith be it unto you" has not changed for anyone at anytime.

Forget that idea that maybe it is God's will to heal and maybe it isn't. That is just an excuse for unbelief and taking the responsibility of believing off of one's self and trying to put the reason for not getting healed on God. If Jesus bore our sicknesses why would anyone want to bear them. That is a disgrace to the Lord for the mighty price He paid.

Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:42 pm

TruthSeeker wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:17 pm
God is no respecter of persons... He is only a respecter of faith.
Interesting. But, perhaps, not quite accurate.
Acts 10:34-35 King James Version
Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, "Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: but in every nation he that feareth Him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with Him."
It seems that it takes more than just faith. It takes fearing Him and working righteousness.

Faith alone is dead and isn't much different than the faith of devils, who believe and tremble, but do not work righteousness.
James 2:17-20 King James Version
Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. Yea, a man may say, "Thou hast faith, and I have works:" shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
Faith alone will get you about as much respect from God as the devils get from Him.

Acts 10:42-43 King James Version
"And He commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is He which was ordained of God to be the Judge of Quick and Dead. To Him give all the Prophets witness, that through His Name WHOSEVER BELIEVETH IN HIM SHALL RECEIVE REMISSION OF SINS."

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:42 pm

TruthSeeker wrote:
God forever answered the question if it His will to heal in Luke 5:13. God is no respecter of persons and He is the same yesterday, today, and forever! He is only a respecter of faith. Be it unto you according to your faith. These signs shall follow those who believe.... they will lay hands on the sick and they will recover. The prayer of faith for healing and the gifts of healing (one of the 9 gifts of the Spirit) are two different things. The prayer of faith works anytime and anywhere." According to your faith be it unto you" has not changed for anyone at anytime.

Forget that idea that maybe it is God's will to heal and maybe it isn't. That is just an excuse for unbelief and taking the responsibility of believing off of one's self and trying to put the reason for not getting healed on God. If Jesus bore our sicknesses why would anyone want to bear them. That is a disgrace to the Lord for the mighty price He paid.
I wonder why Jesus said that those who lay their hands on the sick would heal folks, (Mark 18:18), but later we see that healing is a gift of the Spirit. "Have all the gift of healing?" (1 Cor 12:30)
It would appear the answer is YES.
Nowhere did Paul say "No they don't".
Do you agree?

luchnia
God is Able to Make All Grace Abound Toward You; that Ye May Always Have All Sufficiency in All Things

Post by luchnia » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:50 am

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:42 pm
TruthSeeker wrote:
God is no respecter of persons... He is only a respecter of faith.
Interesting. But, perhaps, not quite accurate.
Acts 10:34-35 King James Version
Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, "Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: but in every nation he that feareth Him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with Him."
It seems that it takes more than just faith. It takes fearing Him and working righteousness.

Faith alone is dead and isn't much different than the faith of devils, who believe and tremble, but do not work righteousness.
James 2:17-20 King James Version
Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. Yea, a man may say, "Thou hast faith, and I have works:" shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
Faith alone will get you about as much respect from God as the devils get from Him.
Good points. In my opinion, it takes key discernment and active living faith of God for healing. How does one "see" that an individual has faith required in such circumstances? Also where does the will of those involved come into play?

When considering faith, will weak faith or wavering faith work for healing? There are many types of faith listed in God's word. There was even strong faith and unfeigned faith in scripture. To me, unfeigned faith would be unshakable in all situations, but that might not be fully accurate concerning what is meant.

If faith calls things not as though they then one must see the finished product and not what is visible in the sense realm. At least you would think so.

Word up!

luchnia

Post by luchnia » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:55 am

Hill Top wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:42 pm
TruthSeeker wrote:

I wonder why Jesus said that those who lay their hands on the sick would heal folks, (Mark 18:18), but later we see that healing is a gift of the Spirit. "Have all the gift of healing?" (1 Cor 12:30)
It would appear the answer is YES.
Nowhere did Paul say "No they don't".
Do you agree?
You will probably find the gifts in that context and their manifestation are different than the enduement of power for service given to individuals.

Word up!

luchnia

Post by luchnia » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:56 am

Hill Top wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:22 pm
No. But don't forget...they were still men of the "flesh", not of the Spirit yet.
If they had refused a command to walk on water, it would have been a different situation.
So they were not born again of the Spirit?

Word up!