Dake Bible Discussion BoardNon Christians

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Post Reply
User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 6392
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: Non Christians

Post by branham1965 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:00 pm

We may not agree on some doctrine Roger ...but i know you personally and you played football with my bulldog Kimbo.
You are a fine Christian man :angel: :angel: and i respect you.You were the best moderator on here.I thank you for being my friend.

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:47 pm
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:47 pm

Basically, anyone known as one who commits death penalty sins who has not proven their repentance by their deeds ought to be refused.
Hill Top wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:10 am
Any sin that one won't permanently quit committing is a "death penalty sin".
"For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death." (2 Cor 7:10)
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:29 am
We could debate that, but the fact remains that it would be difficult to refuse admittance to church to those whom we do not know are committing grievous sins.
branham1965 wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:52 pm
How would you have gotten saved if the Church did that to you???

JESUS CHRIST IS THE FRIEND OF SINNERS AND HE REBUKES THE PHARISEE AND SADUCEES OF YESTERDAY AND TODAY .
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:24 pm

Are you saying that i was actively and unrepentantly committing death penalty sins when Jesus saved me? Seriously?
branham1965 wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:36 pm
I am not trying to condemn you in any way.I just disagree with some of your views.
It is hard to discern that from the content of your posts.



Hill Top
Seek and Ye Shall Find
Posts: 896
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: Non Christians

Post by Hill Top » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:26 pm

luchnia wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:48 am
A lot of things in God's word is hard for some to believe. People simply toss out the scriptures they disagree with. This concept is nothing new.

Men mingle and mix that which is not to be mingled and mixed. They do it in for convenience for the most part. Paul and other saints fought this stuff and gave us many warnings about it. Why do men uphold a non-biblical standard.

Dake brought out holy and clean living in much of his teaching and he taught the saint was pure and holy and absolutely NO sin in him. See Bible Truths Unmasked about holiness.

Consider God's reasoning behind why a saint is not to fellowship with sinners? What are the dangers of sitting in a gathering with one in immorality? What do you do with all the scriptures that command you not associate with those in sin? Do you cast those away and disobey them?

There are many reasons why God's word did not teach to mingle evangelism and fellow-shipping of the saints together. If one would simply look at Jesus' example, it would be simple to understand. In today's world we have been so tainted by what men have done that our eyes are clouded to what God has taught on the matter.

Today's church has become one dirtied with schisms throughout. I remember not too many years ago a married woman was running with a married man and both sitting up in the church every week. She would sit with her husband as if nothing was happening without a word being said to her by anyone! Amazing at what darkness is allowed in today's so-called gatherings.

Even in evangelism a man must be extremely cautious. Jesus taught the disciples what to do when they went forth to evangelize. He told them what to do and how to hear and how to deal with those in sin and it wasn't pretty at times.
The OT mixing of Jew and Gentile in marriage was a perfect example of the phenomenon you write of.
Sooner or later the Jew started to serve the Gentile gods.
The OT ban on mixing linen and woollen clothing was another example of commingling the Jews were prohibited from doing.
Purity, at any cost !



User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 4908
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: Non Christians

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:43 pm

branham1965 wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:00 pm
We may not agree on some doctrine Roger ...but i know you personally and you played football with my bulldog Kimbo.
You are a fine Christian man :angel: :angel: and i respect you.You were the best moderator on here.I thank you for being my friend.
Yeah, we definitely disagree on some doctrine, but that doesn't mean we can't discuss it in a friendly manner.


Acts 10:42-43 King James Version
"And He commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is He which was ordained of God to be the Judge of Quick and Dead. To Him give all the Prophets witness, that through His Name WHOSEVER BELIEVETH IN HIM SHALL RECEIVE REMISSION OF SINS."

User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 4908
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: Non Christians

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:44 pm

Hill Top wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:26 pm
The OT mixing of Jew and Gentile in marriage was a perfect example of the phenomenon you write of.
Sooner or later the Jew started to serve the Gentile gods.
The OT ban on mixing linen and woollen clothing was another example of commingling the Jews were prohibited from doing.
Purity, at any cost !
There's a saying that purity is power and that if there's a lack of power, there's probably a lack of purity.

What do you think? Do you think that's true?


Acts 10:42-43 King James Version
"And He commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is He which was ordained of God to be the Judge of Quick and Dead. To Him give all the Prophets witness, that through His Name WHOSEVER BELIEVETH IN HIM SHALL RECEIVE REMISSION OF SINS."

User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 6392
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: Non Christians

Post by branham1965 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:37 am

What is wrong with Reverend Jimmy Swaggart??? :angel: :angel:

Why can't he after great anguish not be an effective Preacher???

He is doing very well.

bibleman wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:33 am
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:00 pm
bibleman wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:52 am
macca wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:01 am
Billy is the only one to understand my question.
:shocked!: :shocked!: :shocked!:
I will ponder why!
OK my friend Macca a question.

You are preaching on the streets.

You encounter a group of homosexuals who are abusing children sexually while forcing the children to smoke dope getting them high so there is not so much resistance.

As for as the preaching you do - Do you you?
1) warn them of their sin and plead with them to change their lives and no longer abuse themselves and the children OR
2) just tell them that Jesus loves them and came to save them?

Good question.

I think the right answer is neither.

Matthew 7:6 King James Version

GIVE NOT THAT WHICH IS HOLY UNTO THE DOGS

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Jesus knew what it would have taken to get Sodom to repent. Yet, He withheld it from them.

Matthew 11:20-24 King James Version

IF THE MIGHTY WORKS HAD BEEN DONE IN SODOM

Then began He to upbraid the cities wherein most of His mighty works were done, because they repented not:

"Woe unto thee, Chorazin!

"Woe unto thee, Bethsaida!

"For if the mighty works, which were done in you, had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes. But I say unto you, it shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the Day of Judgment, than for you.

"And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted unto Heaven, shalt be brought down to Hell: for if the mighty works, which have been done in thee, had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day. But I say unto you, that it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the Day of Judgment, than for thee."

In a better world, dogs such as those you wrote about would be put down, ending their sin that they would have had a more tolerable afterlife. Yet, this world is nigh merciless and allows such to add more and more sin to their account.

Could Jesus have sent someone to Sodom, Tyre, and Sidon to perform the works that would have led to the enduring repentance of each city, to a legacy of righteousness? Yes, He could have. But, He did not.

Give not that which is holy (the Gospel) to the dogs.
Neither???

Now Roger,... would that not have wiped away the ministries of Jesus, John, Billy Graham, Rod Parsley, (historic Swaggart) and ALL TV ministries?

Didn't Jesus tell us: Matthew 9:13 But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.



User avatar
luchnia
God is Able to Make All Grace Abound Toward You; that Ye May Always Abound to Every Good Work
Posts: 1494
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:01 am

Re: Non Christians

Post by luchnia » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:50 am

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:44 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:26 pm
The OT mixing of Jew and Gentile in marriage was a perfect example of the phenomenon you write of.
Sooner or later the Jew started to serve the Gentile gods.
The OT ban on mixing linen and woollen clothing was another example of commingling the Jews were prohibited from doing.
Purity, at any cost !
There's a saying that purity is power and that if there's a lack of power, there's probably a lack of purity.

What do you think? Do you think that's true?
That is most interesting. I have never heard that saying, but it does bring to mind a number of scriptures about holiness.

I know there are many reasons why people that proclaim Jesus are powerless today, but one would wonder if this purity has something to do with it. People talk a good game, but many of their actions are not not the performance of a good game. Men should be inquiring of God why this is so.


Word up!

User avatar
luchnia
God is Able to Make All Grace Abound Toward You; that Ye May Always Abound to Every Good Work
Posts: 1494
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:01 am

Re: Non Christians

Post by luchnia » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:56 am

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:43 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:00 pm
We may not agree on some doctrine Roger ...but i know you personally and you played football with my bulldog Kimbo.
You are a fine Christian man :angel: :angel: and i respect you.You were the best moderator on here.I thank you for being my friend.
Yeah, we definitely disagree on some doctrine, but that doesn't mean we can't discuss it in a friendly manner.
:angel: Respect and maturity across the board. Men can disagree on many things, but as long as the focal point of belief is genuine in Christ and Him crucified and rose again from the dead, no reason that men cannot get along and respect one another even in the most challenging of disagreements.

Men often will say a man is not a brother in the Lord, and even go to the depths of saying they are not saved, because of a doctrinal disagreement and to me, one must be cautious in that area, but that is just my couple pennies on the matter. :mrgreen:


Word up!

User avatar
luchnia
God is Able to Make All Grace Abound Toward You; that Ye May Always Abound to Every Good Work
Posts: 1494
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:01 am

Re: Non Christians

Post by luchnia » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:05 am

Hill Top wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:26 pm
luchnia wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:48 am
A lot of things in God's word is hard for some to believe. People simply toss out the scriptures they disagree with. This concept is nothing new.

Men mingle and mix that which is not to be mingled and mixed. They do it in for convenience for the most part. Paul and other saints fought this stuff and gave us many warnings about it. Why do men uphold a non-biblical standard.

Dake brought out holy and clean living in much of his teaching and he taught the saint was pure and holy and absolutely NO sin in him. See Bible Truths Unmasked about holiness.

Consider God's reasoning behind why a saint is not to fellowship with sinners? What are the dangers of sitting in a gathering with one in immorality? What do you do with all the scriptures that command you not associate with those in sin? Do you cast those away and disobey them?

There are many reasons why God's word did not teach to mingle evangelism and fellow-shipping of the saints together. If one would simply look at Jesus' example, it would be simple to understand. In today's world we have been so tainted by what men have done that our eyes are clouded to what God has taught on the matter.

Today's church has become one dirtied with schisms throughout. I remember not too many years ago a married woman was running with a married man and both sitting up in the church every week. She would sit with her husband as if nothing was happening without a word being said to her by anyone! Amazing at what darkness is allowed in today's so-called gatherings.

Even in evangelism a man must be extremely cautious. Jesus taught the disciples what to do when they went forth to evangelize. He told them what to do and how to hear and how to deal with those in sin and it wasn't pretty at times.
The OT mixing of Jew and Gentile in marriage was a perfect example of the phenomenon you write of.
Sooner or later the Jew started to serve the Gentile gods.
The OT ban on mixing linen and woollen clothing was another example of commingling the Jews were prohibited from doing.
Purity, at any cost !
Great points.

I realize there are acceptable things that can be mixed and a time for such, yet mixing certain things are bound to cause problems as is the case with evangelism and fellow-shipping of the body of Christ. The two do not mix effectively, or through the Holy Spirit we would have been given guidance to mix them.


Word up!

User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 4908
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: Non Christians

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:51 am

branham1965 wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:37 am
What is wrong with Reverend Jimmy Swaggart??? :angel: :angel:

Why can't he after great anguish not be an effective Preacher???

He is doing very well.

bibleman wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:33 am
(historic Swaggart)
Adultery is a permanent disqualification from being a pastor, in the eyes of many.

The Bible requires that a pastor be above reproach and the Bible says that the reproach of adultery cannot be wiped away.

1 Timothy 3:2 New American Standard Bible (1995 Update)
An overseer, then, must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, temperate, prudent, respectable, hospitable, able to teach,

Proverbs 6:32-33 King James Version
But whoso committeth adultery with a woman lacketh understanding: he that doeth it destroyeth his own soul. A wound and dishonour shall he get; and his reproach shall not be wiped away.

Also, the fact that he only has one child disqualifies him from being a bishop, as well. Bishops are required to have two (or more) children that are old enough to have proven their character.

Titus 1:6-7 King James Version
If any be blameless, the husband of one wife, having faithful children not accused of riot or unruly. For a bishop must be blameless..


Acts 10:42-43 King James Version
"And He commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is He which was ordained of God to be the Judge of Quick and Dead. To Him give all the Prophets witness, that through His Name WHOSEVER BELIEVETH IN HIM SHALL RECEIVE REMISSION OF SINS."

User avatar
bibleman
Administrator
Posts: 2957
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 1998 5:23 pm
Location: South Carolina
Contact:

Re: Non Christians

Post by bibleman » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:51 am

branham1965 wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:37 am
What is wrong with Reverend Jimmy Swaggart??? :angel: :angel:

Why can't he after great anguish not be an effective Preacher???

He is doing very well.
Billy,

In my post I did not say anything was wrong with Jimmy Swaggart, I simply referred to him as (historic Swaggart)
Now Roger,... would that not have wiped away the ministries of Jesus, John, Billy Graham, Rod Parsley, (historic Swaggart) and ALL TV ministries?
Anyone who listened to him 30 years ago and then listens to him now... can tell that his preaching against sin is very different today that it was then. So in my reference to preaching to the "world and calling them to repentance" I referred to (historic Swaggart). That would be a compliment to his "historic" preaching.


God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Post Reply