Dake Bible Discussion BoardNon Christians

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Post Reply
User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 6392
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: Non Christians

Post by branham1965 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:52 pm

How would you have gotten saved if the Church did that to you???

JESUS CHRIST IS THE FRIEND OF SINNERS AND HE REBUKES THE PHARISEE AND SADUCEES OF YESTERDAY AND TODAY .
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:29 am
Hill Top wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:10 am
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:47 pm

Basically, anyone known as one who commits death penalty sins who has not proven their repentance by their deeds ought to be refused.
Any sin that one won't permanently quit committing is a "death penalty sin".
"For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death." (2 Cor 7:10)
We could debate that, but the fact remains that it would be difficult to refuse admittance to church to those whom we do not know are committing grievous sins.



User avatar
luchnia
As Thou Hast Believed, So Be It Done Unto Thee
Posts: 1519
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:01 am

Re: Non Christians

Post by luchnia » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:41 pm

branham1965 wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:47 pm
Not you too.Sighs.
luchnia wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:30 am
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:16 pm
bibleman wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:18 am
Roger,

How would you feel about a church that preaches the Gospel with instruction in righteousness on Sundays and then opens their doors to anyone sinners included?

In lieu of the fact that we should not give that which is Holy to the Dogs shouldn't Churches refuse entrance to sinners?
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:47 pm
Not all sinners are called "dogs" in the Bible. The "dogs" are just a small subset of the larger group. So, it wouldn't be right to refuse entrance to all sinners.

However, there are some that should not be welcomed, such as the man who had his fathers wife in 1st Corinthians 5. Some sins rise to a level where allowing those that are committing them to come to church is actually cruel to them. They need to be given over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh so that they may be saved.

Basically, anyone known as one who commits death penalty sins who has not proven their repentance by their deeds ought to be refused.
bibleman wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:17 pm
So you would say that all of the folks who commit these sins should be forbidden to come to church?

Galatians 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Yes. If they are known to be committing these crimes and have not proven their repentance by their deeds.
One is not to even as much as associate with darkness. One is to even abstain from the appearance of such things. Not too long ago I did a thread on this mixing of the saints with sinners. The Church is HIS body and not a body of evil and darkness and schism. If a sinner comes in, he or she better be coming in conversion and not in sin.

The mixing of evangelism and the gathering was never done by Jesus or any of the other great people of God. Why men do it today is astounding and it will never work because it is not the biblical mandate. These things are as different as night is with day, yet men have made them "one" somehow and mingled what God did not mingle.

The bible is clear about the position the sinner holds and it is not in fellowship or "gathering" with the saints of God. The bible is also clear on what is to be done with one that is in sin. Of course we know men did not heed the message then, why would it be any different today?

Here are some questions to ponder. What happened to anyone in the body of Christ that fell away and turned over to sin? Did Peter give Ananias and Sapphira a group hug and ask them to come back to the fold? The way saints accept the evil doers today in the name of the Lord and so-called love is beyond comprehension and if you dare call them out on it, you are tagged as the problem!
So you believe that light is suppose to fellowship and embrace those in darkness? Don't you know that is going against what is taught in God's word? So Peter should have preached the gospel and accepted Ananias and Sapphira instead of God striking them dead? I must be misunderstanding what you mean here.


Word up!

User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 4919
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: Non Christians

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:24 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:29 am
Hill Top wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:10 am
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:47 pm

Basically, anyone known as one who commits death penalty sins who has not proven their repentance by their deeds ought to be refused.
Any sin that one won't permanently quit committing is a "death penalty sin".
"For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death." (2 Cor 7:10)
We could debate that, but the fact remains that it would be difficult to refuse admittance to church to those whom we do not know are committing grievous sins.
branham1965 wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:52 pm
How would you have gotten saved if the Church did that to you???

JESUS CHRIST IS THE FRIEND OF SINNERS AND HE REBUKES THE PHARISEE AND SADUCEES OF YESTERDAY AND TODAY .
Are you saying that i was actively and unrepentantly committing death penalty sins when Jesus saved me? Seriously?


2 Thessalonians 2:10b-12 King James Version
... because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved... GOD SHALL SEND THEM STRONG DELUSION, that they should believe a lie: THAT THEY ALL MIGHT BE DAMNED who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

User avatar
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 3016
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:29 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Non Christians

Post by Ironman » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:37 pm

luchnia wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:41 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:47 pm
Not you too.Sighs.
luchnia wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:30 am
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:16 pm
bibleman wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:18 am
Roger,

How would you feel about a church that preaches the Gospel with instruction in righteousness on Sundays and then opens their doors to anyone sinners included?

In lieu of the fact that we should not give that which is Holy to the Dogs shouldn't Churches refuse entrance to sinners?
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:47 pm
Not all sinners are called "dogs" in the Bible. The "dogs" are just a small subset of the larger group. So, it wouldn't be right to refuse entrance to all sinners.

However, there are some that should not be welcomed, such as the man who had his fathers wife in 1st Corinthians 5. Some sins rise to a level where allowing those that are committing them to come to church is actually cruel to them. They need to be given over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh so that they may be saved.

Basically, anyone known as one who commits death penalty sins who has not proven their repentance by their deeds ought to be refused.
bibleman wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:17 pm
So you would say that all of the folks who commit these sins should be forbidden to come to church?

Galatians 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Yes. If they are known to be committing these crimes and have not proven their repentance by their deeds.
One is not to even as much as associate with darkness. One is to even abstain from the appearance of such things. Not too long ago I did a thread on this mixing of the saints with sinners. The Church is HIS body and not a body of evil and darkness and schism. If a sinner comes in, he or she better be coming in conversion and not in sin.

The mixing of evangelism and the gathering was never done by Jesus or any of the other great people of God. Why men do it today is astounding and it will never work because it is not the biblical mandate. These things are as different as night is with day, yet men have made them "one" somehow and mingled what God did not mingle.

The bible is clear about the position the sinner holds and it is not in fellowship or "gathering" with the saints of God. The bible is also clear on what is to be done with one that is in sin. Of course we know men did not heed the message then, why would it be any different today?

Here are some questions to ponder. What happened to anyone in the body of Christ that fell away and turned over to sin? Did Peter give Ananias and Sapphira a group hug and ask them to come back to the fold? The way saints accept the evil doers today in the name of the Lord and so-called love is beyond comprehension and if you dare call them out on it, you are tagged as the problem!
So you believe that light is suppose to fellowship and embrace those in darkness? Don't you know that is going against what is taught in God's word? So Peter should have preached the gospel and accepted Ananias and Sapphira instead of God striking them dead? I must be misunderstanding what you mean here.
Ananias and Sapphira were struck dead because they knowingly and deliberately lied to the Holy Ghost. They knew better than the average sinning Joe out on the street. Jesus associated with publicans and sinners and was rebuked by the hoity toity so called religious goody two shoes.

Jesus Himself said, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you.


Check all these Scriptures out;

Matthew 9:10 And it came to pass, as Jesus sat at meat in the house, behold, many publicans and sinners came and sat down with him and his disciples.

Matthew 9:11 And when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto his disciples, Why eateth your Master with publicans and sinners?

Mathewt 11:19 The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.

Matthew 21:31 Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you.

Matthew 21:32 For John came unto you in the way of righteousness, and ye believed him not: but the publicans and the harlots believed him: and ye, when ye had seen it, repented not afterward, that ye might believe him.

Mark 2:15 And it came to pass, that, as Jesus sat at meat in his house, many publicans and sinners sat also together with Jesus and his disciples: for there were many, and they followed him.

Mark 2:16 And when the scribes and Pharisees saw him eat with publicans and sinners, they said unto his disciples, How is it that he eateth and drinketh with publicans and sinners?

Luke 19:10, For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.
Last edited by Ironman on Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.


Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 6392
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: Non Christians

Post by branham1965 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:00 pm

WAY TO PREACH IT COBBER!!!! AMEN AND AMEN HAZ!!! :angel: :angel:



User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 6392
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: Non Christians

Post by branham1965 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:11 pm

DID YOU ADMIT TO GOD THAT YOU WERE A LOST SINNER AND WORTHY OF DEATH WHEN YOU CAME TO JESUS CHRIST???
DID YOU BEG GOD TO FORGIVE YOU OF YOUR SINS FOR JESUS' SAKE??

JUST WHAT KIND OF SINS WERE YOU COMMITTING ROGER??




Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:24 pm
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:29 am
Hill Top wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:10 am
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:47 pm

Basically, anyone known as one who commits death penalty sins who has not proven their repentance by their deeds ought to be refused.
Any sin that one won't permanently quit committing is a "death penalty sin".
"For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death." (2 Cor 7:10)
We could debate that, but the fact remains that it would be difficult to refuse admittance to church to those whom we do not know are committing grievous sins.
branham1965 wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:52 pm
How would you have gotten saved if the Church did that to you???

JESUS CHRIST IS THE FRIEND OF SINNERS AND HE REBUKES THE PHARISEE AND SADUCEES OF YESTERDAY AND TODAY .
Are you saying that i was actively and unrepentantly committing death penalty sins when Jesus saved me? Seriously?



User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 4919
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: Non Christians

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:13 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:24 pm
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:29 am
Hill Top wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:10 am
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:47 pm

Basically, anyone known as one who commits death penalty sins who has not proven their repentance by their deeds ought to be refused.
Any sin that one won't permanently quit committing is a "death penalty sin".
"For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death." (2 Cor 7:10)
We could debate that, but the fact remains that it would be difficult to refuse admittance to church to those whom we do not know are committing grievous sins.
branham1965 wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:52 pm
How would you have gotten saved if the Church did that to you???

JESUS CHRIST IS THE FRIEND OF SINNERS AND HE REBUKES THE PHARISEE AND SADUCEES OF YESTERDAY AND TODAY .
Are you saying that i was actively and unrepentantly committing death penalty sins when Jesus saved me? Seriously?
branham1965 wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:11 pm
DID YOU ADMIT TO GOD THAT YOU WERE A LOST SINNER AND WORTHY OF DEATH WHEN YOU CAME TO JESUS CHRIST???
DID YOU BEG GOD TO FORGIVE YOU OF YOUR SINS FOR JESUS' SAKE??

JUST WHAT KIND OF SINS WERE YOU COMMITTING ROGER??
You're making the accusation. You tell me?


2 Thessalonians 2:10b-12 King James Version
... because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved... GOD SHALL SEND THEM STRONG DELUSION, that they should believe a lie: THAT THEY ALL MIGHT BE DAMNED who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 4919
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: Non Christians

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:18 pm

branham1965 wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:15 pm
Charles G.Finney called that CENSORIOUSNESS.It is defined as marked by or given to censure,critical etc.

Can you imagine if Pastor Parsley or Rich Nathan practiced that!!!!

My Pastor could handle the hardest of cases because he had Power with God.He ministered in over 48 nations preaching and praying for people (Mark 16:15ff)with Morris Cerullo and Dr.Alexander Ness of Canada.
Can you imagine Dad Hagin or Kenneth Copeland talking like that!!!!!!!!
Can you imagine Reverend Ernest Angley closing the Cathedral to sinners!!!Not to go to Africa and take the Jesus Ministry all over the world!!!
I would not be the one to lay that on the man of God.

The Lord Jesus Christ is not here to call the modern day Pharissees,Sadducees and the Luke18:9-14 crowd.

JESUS CHRIST loves people .He is here to minister life not death to hurting people JESUS heals broken people .He loves sinners and wants them to receive Him. Read Luke 4:18,Acts 10:38. JESUS preached and preaches the acceptable year of the Lord.The gospel of reconciliation.
Not beating people over the head with the Bible.
What I'm talking about isn't censoriousness. To call it such is an over-reaction, in my opinion. Why is it so hard to accept the idea that those publically known to be unrepentantly committing death penalty sins ought not come to church until they prove their repentance?

However, I think that being overly critical of my Bible-based position could rise to censoriousness.


2 Thessalonians 2:10b-12 King James Version
... because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved... GOD SHALL SEND THEM STRONG DELUSION, that they should believe a lie: THAT THEY ALL MIGHT BE DAMNED who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

User avatar
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 3016
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:29 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Non Christians

Post by Ironman » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:22 pm

Untill one turns to God and repents, all it takes in "ONE" sin, just one.

Like it or not , you was a sinners just like every other human being on this planet, past, present and future, until one turns to God for forgiveness.
All people inherited sin from Adam and Eve, specifically from Adam. Sin is described in the Bible as transgression of the law of God (1 John 3:4) and rebellion against God (Deuteronomy 9:7; Joshua 1:18). Genesis 3 describes Adam and Eve’s rebellion against God and His command. Because of Adam and Eve’s disobedience, sin has been an “inheritance” for all of their descendants. Romans 5:12 tells us that, through Adam, sin entered the world and so death was passed on to all men because all have sinned. This passed-on sin is known as inherited sin. Just as we inherit physical characteristics from our parents, we inherit our sinful nature from Adam.


Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

User avatar
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 3016
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:29 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Non Christians

Post by Ironman » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:25 pm

SPD wrote;
" Why is it so hard to accept the idea that those publically known to be unrepentantly committing death penalty sins ought not come to church until they prove their repentance?"
Tell us? Did the publicans and sinners Jesus mixed with prove to Him that they had repented of their sins before He associated with them??


Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Post Reply