Dake Bible Discussion BoardFor those who think Dake believed in Tri-theism

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: For those who think Dake believed in Tri-theism

Post by branham1965 »

Hill Top,

Please define spirit.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Hill Top says God the Father does not have a throne, or sits on a literal throne.

God does not sit on a throne according to Hill Top who apparently does not have these Scriptures in his Bible.

Rev 4:2, "And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne."

Rev 4:3, And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald.

Rev 4:4, And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold.

Rev 4:5, And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.

Rev 4:6, And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind.

Rev 4:9, And when those beasts give glory and honour and thanks to him that sat on the throne who liveth for ever and ever,

Rev 4:10, The four and twenty elders fall down before Him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying,

Rev 5:1, And I saw in the RIGHT HAND OF HIM that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.

Rev 5:6, And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

Rev 5:7, And he came and took the book out of the right hand of the right hand of Him that sat upon the throne.

Rev 5:11, And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;

Rev 5:13, And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto Him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

Rev 6:16, And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the FACE of Him that sitteth on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb:

Rev 7:9, After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

Rev 7:10, And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.

Rev 7:11, And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,

Rev 7:15, Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: AND HE THAT SITTETH ON THE THRONE shall dwell among them.

How many more Scriptures do you need to get the point that God has a throne and God must have a body to sit on His throne?

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

Acts 7:55-56 "But as he(Stephen) being full of the Holy Ghost looked up steadfastly into heaven and saw the glory of God and Jesus standing on the right hand of God.
And said Behold i see the heavens opened and the Son of man standing on the right side of God."

Thank you Haz for the Scriptures.
Ironman wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:29 pm
Hill Top says God the Father does not have a throne, or sits on a literal throne.

God does not sit on a throne according to Hill Top who apparently does not have these Scriptures in his Bible.

Rev 4:2, "And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne."

Rev 4:3, And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald.

Rev 4:4, And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold.

Rev 4:5, And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.

Rev 4:6, And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind.

Rev 4:9, And when those beasts give glory and honour and thanks to him that sat on the throne who liveth for ever and ever,

Rev 4:10, The four and twenty elders fall down before Him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying,

Rev 5:1, And I saw in the RIGHT HAND OF HIM that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.

Rev 5:6, And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

Rev 5:7, And he came and took the book out of the right hand of the right hand of Him that sat upon the throne.

Rev 5:11, And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;

Rev 5:13, And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto Him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

Rev 6:16, And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the FACE of Him that sitteth on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb:

Rev 7:9, After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

Rev 7:10, And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.

Rev 7:11, And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,

Rev 7:15, Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: AND HE THAT SITTETH ON THE THRONE shall dwell among them.

How many more Scriptures do you need to get the point that God has a throne and God must have a body to sit on His throne?

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

branham1965 wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:00 pm
Acts 7:55-56 "But as he(Stephen) being full of the Holy Ghost looked up steadfastly into heaven and saw the glory of God and Jesus standing on the right hand of God.
And said Behold i see the heavens opened and the Son of man standing on the right side of God."

:angel:
We have to remember sometimes, not everyone has this light about the Godhead or even realize there are spirit bodies as Paul taught in 1 Cor 15. The world has taught people that spirits don't have bodies, angels don't have bodies, and the Father does not have a body, etc., which we know is not what Scripture teaches. It takes time to retrain one's mind to the things of God. Many cannot comprehend that we are his image and likeness - His outward form, just as we are.

Word up!

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

luchnia wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:57 pm
branham1965 wrote:

We have to remember sometimes, not everyone has this light about the Godhead or even realize there are spirit bodies as Paul taught in 1 Cor 15. The world has taught people that spirits don't have bodies, angels don't have bodies, and the Father does not have a body, etc., which we know is not what Scripture teaches. It takes time to retrain one's mind to the things of God. Many cannot comprehend that we are his image and likeness - His outward form, just as we are.
Agree with you. :angel: :angel:

We are his image and likeness. If God does not have a body, then when we look in a mirror we should see "NOTHING."

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

I attended a Oneness Pentecostal Church here in Columbus.I went forward and received help there.The Bishop is a good man and for real.

luchnia wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:57 pm
branham1965 wrote:

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

branham1965 wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:22 pm
I am not sure what to post on this.Oh i could post things...

Seems there is a stale mate here. Sighs.
What/who is this addressed to?

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

Ironman wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:05 pm
Angles are spirit beings also.
Do you have a scripture asserting that?
Explain this Scripture please.
Heb 13:2, Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.
Any answer will be predicated on you showing me where it is written that angels ARE spirit beings.

I had a short answer for you but then remembered how "evil spirits" had been cast out of some folks.
IF "evil spirits" are the wicked rebellious angels, it seems they have the ability to inhabit the bodies of others.
Are the inhabiting "spirits"... angels?

I know angels have been shown "bodily" at a few places in scripture, most prominently at Jesus' tomb, and to Zechariah, and Mary..
But they are angels and not "ghosts".

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

branham1965 wrote:
Yes, thanks for the scripture.
You guys are working intently for your beliefs.
However, the scripture says ..."the glory of God"...not..."the body of God".

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

Ironman wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:29 pm

You seem to have successfully refuted John 4:24.
Of course, I don't believe you have, but have shown that God can do anything that is needful...like using water as the blood of Christ at baptism is Jesus' name for the remission of sins.
If He needs a chair/throne for the impactful writer of Revelations...make a throne.
If He needs a way to manifest Himself in that throne...make a being that is "like a jasper and a sardine stone:"
It is clear, God cannot be completely defined.