Dake Bible Discussion Board3 Days

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
TruthSeeker
Malachi

3 Days

Post by TruthSeeker »

This thread may have been discussed before and I apologize if it has. I was wondering if anyone knows if Dake mentioned where he thought Jesus' soul and spirit went to after His death and before His resurrection (whether to the paradise side of hell or the side of wicked spirits)? From story of rich man and Lazarus we know there was a gulf between the two.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Re: 3 Days

Post by Ironman »

TruthSeeker wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:33 pm
This thread may have been discussed before and I apologize if it has. I was wondering if anyone knows if Dake mentioned where he thought Jesus' soul and spirit went to after His death and before His resurrection (whether to the paradise side of hell or the side of wicked spirits)? From story of rich man and Lazarus we know there was a gulf between the two.
Jesus did go to Hell.
Paradise;
In Luke 16:19-31; 23:43, we have pictured total comfort and water in this prison because the rich man saw Lazarus afar off in comfort and bliss and asked him to dip his finger in water and cool his tongue (Luke 16:19-31).

This was the abode of the righteous souls from Adam after dying and leaving their bodies, being held captive by the devil against their wills till Christ's death and resurrection (Heb. 2:14-15; Eph. 4:7-11).Before Jesus Christ conqured the power of death and Hell, the devil had these powers. (Col. 2:14-17; Heb. 2:14-15; Rev. 1:18).

It was into this prison the repentant thief went with Christ the day they both died (Luke 23:43). This prison is located in the heart of the Earth as is clear from (Matt. 12:40 and Eph. 4:7-11).

Jesus not only went into this prison but He also went into another prison, "Tartarus," and preached to the fallen angels being held there in their own special prison, "And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day." (Jude 1:6). "For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;" (2 Peter 2:4).

Jesus having conquered Hell and death and the grave during His crucifiction and during the three days He was in the underworld, He captured all the righteous souls that were in Paradise and took them to Heaven when He ascended on high (Eph. 4:7-11).

Jesus now has the keys to Hell and death (Rev. 1:18).

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

If you have a look at Dake's chart you will see that Dake has Jesus going into the paradise part of hell.
So it seems to me that Dake did not believe Jesus had to suffer torment in hell like some teach.

TruthSeeker
Malachi

Post by TruthSeeker »

macca wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:36 am
If you have a look at Dake's chart you will see that Dake has Jesus going into the paradise part of hell.
So it seems to me that Dake did not believe Jesus had to suffer torment in hell like some teach.
Thanks Ironman and macca. That was helpful. I have been taught that Jesus had to suffer torment in hell so that we do not have to.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

TruthSeeker wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:09 am
macca wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:36 am
Thanks Ironman and macca. That was helpful. I have been taught that Jesus had to suffer torment in hell so that we do not have to.
Yes the idea that Jesus died and went to suffer torment in Hell for 3 days and nights, is widely taught in the Word of Faith Camp of which I am a part.

EW Kenyon, Kenneth Copeland, Kenneth Hagin and a number of others teach it consistently in their tapes, cds and books. I love them all and have received so much from their teaching, but that is one teaching I just cannot find Scriptural support for.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

bibleman wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:23 am
Yes the idea that Jesus died and went to suffer torment in Hell for 3 days and nights, is widely taught in the Word of Faith Camp of which I am a part.

EW Kenyon, Kenneth Copeland, Kenneth Hagin and a number of others teach it consistently in their tapes, cds and books. I love them all and have received so much from their teaching, but that is one teaching I just cannot find Scriptural support for.
It is written..."A little leaven, leaveneth the whole lump." (1 Cor 5:6, Gal 5:9)

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Hill Top wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:19 pm
bibleman wrote:

It is written..."A little leaven, leaveneth the whole lump." (1 Cor 5:6, Gal 5:9)
Who do you know that has no error in their Bible teaching?

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

bibleman wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:36 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:19 pm
bibleman wrote:

Oh no you didn't! :shocked!: :mrgreen: Whole lotta leavened lumps out there!

Word up!

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

bibleman wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:36 pm
The Church By Christ Jesus (Eph 3:21).

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

luchnia wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:34 pm
Oh no you didn't! :shocked!: :mrgreen: Whole lotta leavened lumps out there!
Don't you believe that the Spirit of God is at work today?
That He has someone teaching the right doctrines on earth today?
Or have you given up on God helping the repentant?