Dake Bible Discussion BoardNon Christians

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
macca
Dake VIP Member
Dake VIP Member

Non Christians

Post by macca » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:42 am

Where in the bible are told to tell the non Christians how to live their lives?

bibleman
Administrator

Re: Non Christians

Post by bibleman » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:13 am

macca wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:42 am
Paul says: 1 Thessalonians 5:14 Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.

I know that John did it and it cost him his head: Matthew 14:3 For Herod had laid hold on John, and bound him, and put him in prison for Herodias' sake, his brother Philip's wife. 4 For John said unto him, It is not lawful for thee to have her.

Of course the WHOLE Old Testament was given to non-Christians. The 10 commandments sticks out for sure on telling people how to live their lives.

And then too the Law is made for law-breakers: 1 Timothy 1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, 10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

Jesus told us: Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. The world is certainly sinners.

Is this where you were headed?

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

luchnia
As Thou Hast Believed, So Be It Done Unto Thee

Post by luchnia » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:37 pm

bibleman wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:13 am
macca wrote:
Paul says: 1 Thessalonians 5:14 Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.

I know that John did it and it cost him his head: Matthew 14:3 For Herod had laid hold on John, and bound him, and put him in prison for Herodias' sake, his brother Philip's wife. 4 For John said unto him, It is not lawful for thee to have her.

Of course the WHOLE Old Testament was given to non-Christians. The 10 commandments sticks out for sure on telling people how to live their lives.

And then too the Law is made for law-breakers: 1 Timothy 1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, 10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

Jesus told us: Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. The world is certainly sinners.

Is this where you were headed?
This could bring up a great topic as there are quite a number of angles to this.

Many saints have warned sinners of the impending doom if they continue on their path, yet depending on what is meant by telling them how to live their lives might be different. Telling them to repent and forsake sin is one thing, but telling them what car to buy, what clothes to wear, what color to paint their house, and so on is entirely another matter.

Jesus told the prostitute to "go and sin no more." John preached repentance to the sinners. Noah warned a perishing people, etc. Hope Macca will give us some details.

Word up!

Hill Top
We Receive of Him, Because We Keep His Commandments

Post by Hill Top » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:25 pm

macca wrote:
It is written..."Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen." (Matt 28:19-20)

Does that fit the bill?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:27 pm

That's interesting macca. :scrambleup:

I believe believers need to be real to people and love them.Not beat them over the head with the Bible.

And if the good Lord leads drop the net.My late Pastor headed a group called Fishers of Men.He reached the hardest cases.He was a very special man.

1 Corinthians 5:12-13 For what have i to do to judge them that are WITHOUT?
Do ye not judge them that are within?

But them that are WITHOUT GOD JUDGETH.

Therefore put that wicked man away from your selves.

Note: Read 1 Corinthians 5
Saint Paul said the fornicator here needed to be put away.If he needed put away he had to have once been a member of the Church. Paul delivered this man to Satan for the destruction of the flesh that his spirit may be saved in the Day of the Lord Jesus .This man repented and Paul talks about him in 2 Corinthians 2:6-7 :turn-l: :Fade-color
macca wrote:

macca
Dake VIP Member
Dake VIP Member

Post by macca » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:25 pm

You are on the ball Billy.
Nowhere in the N T are we told to tell non - Christians how to live.
We are told to preach the good news to all people where ever they are found.
The Holy Spirit will direct their lives after they have accepted Jesus as their Lord and saviour
With being baptized in the Holy Spirit and the word of God in a good Spirit filled Church as a secure home.
The change comes instantly from the inside and can be seen by their changed conduct in their lives.
The non-Christian cannot produce this change because their changed conduct comes from the outside for they are not a new creation in Christ Jesus.

Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:06 pm

Acts 24:24‭-‬25 King James Version

RIGHTEOUSNESS, TEMPERANCE, & THE JUDGMENT TO COME

And after certain days, when Felix came with his wife Drusilla, which was a Jewess, he sent for Paul, and heard him concerning the faith in Christ.

And as he reasoned of
● Righteousness,
● Temperance,
● and Judgment To Come,

Felix trembled, and answered, "Go thy way for this time; when I have a convenient season, I will call for thee."
I like how Paul gave Felix the Good News and how in left Felix shaking in his boots (so-to-speak).

Is this the reaction folks get when you give them the Good News?

2 Thessalonians 2:10b-12 King James Version
... because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved... GOD SHALL SEND THEM STRONG DELUSION, that they should believe a lie: THAT THEY ALL MIGHT BE DAMNED who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:42 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:06 pm

And after certain days, when Felix came with his wife Drusilla, which was a Jewess, he sent for Paul, and heard him concerning the faith in Christ.

And as he reasoned of
● Righteousness,
● Temperance,
● and Judgment To Come,

Felix trembled, and answered, "Go thy way for this time; when I have a convenient season, I will call for thee."
I like how Paul gave Felix the Good News and how in left Felix shaking in his boots (so-to-speak).

Great example of Paul preaching the "judgement to come" which caused Felix to tremble.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:05 am

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:06 pm

And as he reasoned of
● Righteousness,
● Temperance,
● and Judgment To Come,

bibleman wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:42 pm
Great example of Paul preaching the "judgement to come" which caused Felix to tremble.
Agreed. And, I like that the Judgment to Come is part of the Faith in Christ (along with Righteousness and Temperance).

Paul was explaining the Faith in Christ to a non-Christian. And, that Faith included Righteousness (likely both practical and positional), Temperance (self-control), and the fact that every one will have to give an account for their lives before the Judge of All the Earth and will receive the due for their deeds, whether good or bad.

Must have been rough for Felix to hear. Definitely a message that required him to live in a way that was uncomfortable to him. I'd imagine that telling Felix that he needed to live right, restrain himself, and that he would be judged was not what he wanted to hear and wasn't what he was accustomed to.

2 Thessalonians 2:10b-12 King James Version
... because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved... GOD SHALL SEND THEM STRONG DELUSION, that they should believe a lie: THAT THEY ALL MIGHT BE DAMNED who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:23 am

Thank you macca. :angel: :angel: I appreciate that so very much.
macca wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:25 pm
You are on the ball Billy.
Nowhere in the N T are we told to tell non - Christians how to live.
We are told to preach the good news to all people where ever they are found.
The Holy Spirit will direct their lives after they have accepted Jesus as their Lord and saviour
With being baptized in the Holy Spirit and the word of God in a good Spirit filled Church as a secure home.
The change comes instantly from the inside and can be seen by their changed conduct in their lives.
The non-Christian cannot produce this change because their changed conduct comes from the outside for they are not a new creation in Christ Jesus.