Dake Bible Discussion BoardTHREE BAPTISMS

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: THREE BAPTISMS

Post by branham1965 »

Hill Top,

I learned about water baptism in my home Church in Warren,Ohio.
I married a Church of Christ girl and attended there.
I was friends with Preachers there.
I went to Bishop Posey's Church and was blessed.

Your doctrine is a mixture of Campbellism and Oneness Apostolic doctrine with a caveat.

According to your church of 16 believers (maybe?) Christians to you cannot miss it,sin,fail,and backslide.

That is false doctrine contrary to the entire Holy Bible.

Hill Top wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:43 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:26 am
A elderly old friend of mine -a WW2 vet in my wedding -once said its sometimes best to put some things on the shelf.If folks debate ,debate ,debate with no result shelf it.Give it a rest for a bit.
I say that with no ill will to Hill Top or anyone else.
I have posted some on here.Dear Lord.
If a man won't take the "life-vest", should I just let him drown?

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

branham1965 wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:28 pm
Hill Top,
I learned about water baptism in my home Church in Warren,Ohio.
I married a Church of Christ girl and attended there.
I was friends with Preachers there.
I went to Bishop Posey's Church and was blessed.

Your doctrine is a mixture of Campbellism and Oneness Apostolic doctrine with a caveat.

According to your church of 16 believers (maybe?) Christians to you cannot miss it, sin, fail, and backslide.

That is false doctrine contrary to the entire Holy Bible.
The antithesis of my doctrine is a body of Christ rife with sin.
Of course we all know there is no sin in Christ, so how can those that are Christ's body on earth have sin in them?

The "entirety of the bible" contains this passage..."Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect." (Matt 5:48)
Also these...
“And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” (John 8:32-36)
[33] They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?
[34] Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
[35] And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.
[36] If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed. “
I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me." (John 17:22-23)

“Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.”
For he that is dead is freed from sin.” (Rom.6:6-7)

" There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit." (Rom 8:1)

"Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame." (1 Cor 15:34)

"For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him." (2 Cor 5:21)

"Finally, brethren, farewell. Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you." (2 Cor 13:11)
And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others." (Eph 2:1-3)

" Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:" (Col 1:28)

"Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you." (Phil 3:15)

"Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity." (2 Tim 2:19)

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works." (2 Tim 3:16-17)

"Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.
They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate." (Titus 1:15-16)

"But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul." (Heb 10:39)

"But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing." (James 1:4)

"If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body." (James 3:2)

"But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
Because it is written, “Be ye holy; for I am holy." (1 Peter 1:15-16)
”For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps
Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:” (1 Pet.2:21-22)
"Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;" (1 Peter 4:1)

"According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust." (2 Peter 1:3-4)
"Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:" (2 Peter 1:10)

"Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless." (2 Peter 3:14)

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. (1 John 1:7)

1 John 3
[4] Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
[5] And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
[6] Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
[7] Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
[8] He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
[9] Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1 John 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

I don't know what you are studying, but it isn't the bible.

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

Hill Top wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:37 pm
The antithesis of my doctrine is a body of Christ rife with sin.
Of course we all know there is no sin in Christ, so how can those that are Christ's body on earth have sin in them?
After all the posts on this forum, I am surprised that you perceive that these folks think that the body of Christ is rife with sin. I don't think one person posting here believes that. Most agree with you and the saint being free from sin with the exception of the part of falling away.

From my observation the posters believe that a saint can FALL away and sin which makes the one that falls away a child of the devil and not longer in Christ and no longer a saint of God. Those that are God's are not in sin, no way, no how. If one believes that a saint is IN sin, they should challenge themselves on the many scriptures that oppose such doctrine.

From Scripture it is obvious that saints can fall away as many did. I think that is the concept that most on here adhere to and where your belief disagrees with them. If there is one that doesn't agree with that concept maybe they should step forward and state their belief.

Word up!

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

Hill Top wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:37 pm

1 John 3
[4] Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
[5] And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
[6] Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
[7] Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
[8] He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
[9] Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1 John 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.
1 John is an awesome book and anyone that would deny that 1 John does not teach righteousness and also the possibility of falling misses out on the whole of the doctrine of 1 John. The rest of the verses in that book are as important as the ones you often post. Here are some more from chapter 3.

10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
11 For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.
12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.
13 Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.
14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.
15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.
16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
17 But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?
18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
19 And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.
20 For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.
21 Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.
22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.
23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

Word up!

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

luchnia wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:03 am
After all the posts on this forum, I am surprised that you perceive that these folks think that the body of Christ is rife with sin.
I didn't say they did.
I don't think one person posting here believes that. Most agree with you and the saint being free from sin with the exception of the part of falling away.
I don't believe Christ is a revolving door we can leave and come back through whenever we want.
Scripture says that because the seed of God is in a man he can't commit sin. (1 John 3:9)
You don't believe that.
From my observation the posters believe that a saint can FALL away and sin which makes the one that falls away a child of the devil and not longer in Christ and no longer a saint of God. Those that are God's are not in sin, no way, no how. If one believes that a saint is IN sin, they should challenge themselves on the many scriptures that oppose such doctrine.
From Scripture it is obvious that saints can fall away as many did. I think that is the concept that most on here adhere to and where your belief disagrees with them. If there is one that doesn't agree with that concept maybe they should step forward and state their belief.
People you deem to "have fallen away" never had the seed of God in them.
If they had, it would have prevented them from committing sin.

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

luchnia wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:21 am
1 John is an awesome book and anyone that would deny that 1 John does not teach righteousness and also the possibility of falling misses out on the whole of the doctrine of 1 John. The rest of the verses in that book are as important as the ones you often post. Here are some more from chapter 3.

10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
11 For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.
12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.
13 Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.
14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.
15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.
16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
17 But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?
18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
19 And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.
20 For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.
21 Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.
22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.
23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.
As you just posted..."whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God,"
You call them "falling away"ers.
God says they are not of Him.
I'll believe God.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

NO ONE here ever ever ever ever said that Phil.

You are teaching a mess of new doctrines.

And it is as far out in left field as it can be. +baseball

Hill Top wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:35 pm
luchnia wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:03 am
After all the posts on this forum, I am surprised that you perceive that these folks think that the body of Christ is rife with sin.
I didn't say they did.
I don't think one person posting here believes that. Most agree with you and the saint being free from sin with the exception of the part of falling away.
I don't believe Christ is a revolving door we can leave and come back through whenever we want.
Scripture says that because the seed of God is in a man he can't commit sin. (1 John 3:9)
You don't believe that.
People you deem to "have fallen away" never had the seed of God in them.
If they had, it would have prevented them from committing sin.

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

branham1965 wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:30 am
NO ONE here ever ever ever ever said that Phil.
What "that" do you refer to?
You are teaching a mess of new doctrines.

And it is as far out in left field as it can be.
Not really: I'm mostly just quoting scripture to put across the notions that man can live without sin, and how to do it.
That should be perceived as "good new" to all of us.

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

branham1965 wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:54 pm
Has it been that long??
I hope he is well.I wish he would come back. :Fade-color
He was a good debater. :mrgreen:

macca wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:53 am
luchnia wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:52 am
macca wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:14 am
Ed has resurrected :mrgreen:
Ok, I give. Who is Ed?

Justaned. Last seen Aug 2014.

Ed had a big chip on his shoulder, he fell out with the Word of Faith movement.
Ed did what a lot of Christians do when they join a movement of God.
They follow man and what men say and teach instead of the bible.
They preach and teach what their teachers say instead of Jesus and the word of God.
That cannot produce faith and they fall flat on their faces, so they become shipwreck and turn their back on that movement then preach and teach against it.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

I thought he was a Preacher.I know he liked to debate.
As for the other stuff about him i have no idea.
macca wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:10 am
branham1965 wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:54 pm
Has it been that long??
I hope he is well.I wish he would come back. :Fade-color
He was a good debater. :mrgreen:

macca wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:53 am
luchnia wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:52 am
macca wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:14 am
Ed has resurrected :mrgreen:
Ok, I give. Who is Ed?

Justaned. Last seen Aug 2014.

Ed had a big chip on his shoulder, he fell out with the Word of Faith movement.
Ed did what a lot of Christians do when they join a movement of God.
They follow man and what men say and teach instead of the bible.
They preach and teach what their teachers say instead of Jesus and the word of God.
That cannot produce faith and they fall flat on their faces, so they become shipwreck and turn their back on that movement then preach and teach against it.