Dake Bible Discussion BoardTHREE BAPTISMS

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Re: THREE BAPTISMS

Post by luchnia »

macca wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:14 am
Ed has resurrected :mrgreen:
Ok, I give. Who is Ed?

Word up!

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

luchnia wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:52 am
macca wrote:
Ok, I give. Who is Ed?

Justaned. Last seen Aug 2014.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

Has it been that long??
I hope he is well.I wish he would come back. :Fade-color
He was a good debater. :mrgreen:

macca wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:53 am
luchnia wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:52 am
macca wrote:
Ok, I give. Who is Ed?

Justaned. Last seen Aug 2014.

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

luchnia wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:19 am
...He is much more adamant than Mr. Hilltop is about water baptism. At least Mr. Hilltop only believes water baptism remits past sins.
That's what Acts 2:38 says, and I believe Peter.
It is also our way "into" Christ, not to mention the means by which we are entered into Jesus' death, burial, and resurrection with Christ. (Rom 6:3-6)
Without water baptism are flesh will not be 'circumcised' without hands. (Col 2:11-12)
We will be condemned to continue life in the flesh instead of in the Spirit. (Rom 8:8-9)

BTW, water baptism is only part of what is required for salvation.
Faith/belief, repentance from sin, the gift of the Holy Ghost, continued obedience to God, and loving our neighbors as we love ourselves are also required for salvation.
Withdrawing even one block from this "wall" will cause one to have his name erased from the book of life.

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

Hill Top wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:59 pm
That's what Acts 2:38 says, and I believe Peter.
It is also our way "into" Christ, not to mention the means by which we are entered into Jesus' death, burial, and resurrection with Christ. (Rom 6:3-6)
Without water baptism are flesh will not be 'circumcised' without hands. (Col 2:11-12)
We will be condemned to continue life in the flesh instead of in the Spirit. (Rom 8:8-9)

BTW, water baptism is only part of what is required for salvation.
Faith/belief, repentance from sin, the gift of the Holy Ghost, continued obedience to God, and loving our neighbors as we love ourselves are also required for salvation.
Withdrawing even one block from this "wall" will cause one to have his name erased from the book of life.
You and I disagree with the meaning of Acts 2:38 as well as many other scriptures you use. You perceive Acts 2:38 means TO remit sins. I believe it is FOR or BECAUSE of the remission of sins by the belief in a man's heart that God raised Jesus from the dead.

Repentance is required before baptism as in the case of Acts 2:38. I understand your view, yet I disagree that water baptism is required for salvation and that Peter was teaching water baptism to remit sins. (1Jn. 1:9; Rom. 10:9-10; Eph. 2:8-9; Rom. 1:16; 3:24-25; 5:1)

Acts 2:37-39 (KJV)
37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Word up!

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

luchnia wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:26 am
You and I disagree with the meaning of Acts 2:38 as well as many other scriptures you use. You perceive Acts 2:38 means TO remit sins. I believe it is FOR or BECAUSE of the remission of sins by the belief in a man's heart that God raised Jesus from the dead.
Then you better show the verses that point to another means, or way our old sins were remitted.
Repentance is required before baptism as in the case of Acts 2:38. I understand your view, yet I disagree that water baptism is required for salvation and that Peter was teaching water baptism to remit sins. (1Jn. 1:9; Rom. 10:9-10; Eph. 2:8-9; Rom. 1:16; 3:24-25; 5:1)
So a man must confess his sins; believe in the heart and vocally say that God raised Jesus from the dead; in order to get on the road to salvation. Your last three citings seemed to be effects of the first two verses, so aren't really "ways to salvation".
Both your first two verses happen at baptism "in Jesus' name", in water.
In some cases sins are confessed, but in all cases baptism is done in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins.
Your doctrine does all the things baptism does without the actual baptism.!
Acts 2:37-39 (KJV)
37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
...and 3000 went and got baptized.

If your doctrine is correct, why did Philip baptize the Ethiopian eunuch?
Why did Peter baptize Cornelius?
Why did Paul baptize the twelve at Ephesus?
The quick answer is that your doctrine is not the doctrine of Philip, Paul, or Peter.

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

Hill Top wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:57 pm
Then you better show the verses that point to another means, or way our old sins were remitted.
References to verses and full chapters have been given. Why do they need to be reposted?

Word up!

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

A elderly old friend of mine -a WW2 vet in my wedding -once said its sometimes best to put some things on the shelf.If folks debate ,debate ,debate with no result shelf it.Give it a rest for a bit.
I say that with no ill will to Hill Top or anyone else here.

I have posted some +CrazyEyes on here.Dear Lord. :agrue:

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

luchnia wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:42 am
References to verses and full chapters have been given. Why do they need to be reposted?
I answered to your verses: why not answer my questions?

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

branham1965 wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:26 am
A elderly old friend of mine -a WW2 vet in my wedding -once said its sometimes best to put some things on the shelf.If folks debate ,debate ,debate with no result shelf it.Give it a rest for a bit.
I say that with no ill will to Hill Top or anyone else.
I have posted some on here.Dear Lord.
If a man won't take the "life-vest", should I just let him drown?