Dake Bible Discussion BoardWHAT THE NEW BIRTH IS

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: WHAT THE NEW BIRTH IS

Post by branham1965 »

Your teaching is in total conflict with the Pentecostal Charismatic world.

If my Church had under 17 members :crazyeyes: in the USA and i was not sure any of them were saved or if i was saved i would seriously re - check my theology.
I have never heard anything like that in my life.

Hill Top wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:50 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:00 pm
luchnia
Has Phil converted you to his church? That would make 17 members in the United States.
Think about that.
Unreal.
luchnia wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:50 am
Hill Top wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:30 am
luchnia wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:23 pm
I think I get your meaning in this. Correct me if I am wrong about it. Are you implying that not everyone will accept, obey, etc., Christ and therefore they will continue to follow the path of sin and satan?
That is it exactly.
Many calling themselves Christians are impostors.
Ok thanks for the response. I thought that was what you meant and I agree as that is supported by scripture.
Are you implying that everyone WILL accept, obey, etc. Christ and therefore they will NOT continue to follow the path of sin and satan?
I hope you are right.
That would be the goal of the "doctrine which is according to Godliness".

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

branham1965 wrote:
luchnia
Has Phil converted you to his church? That would make 17 members in the United States.
Think about that.
Unreal.

luchnia wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
luchnia wrote:
I think I get your meaning in this. Correct me if I am wrong about it. Are you implying that not everyone will accept, obey, etc., Christ and therefore they will continue to follow the path of sin and satan?
That is it exactly.
Ok thanks for the response. I thought that was what you meant and I agree as that is supported by scripture.
I don't know anything about phil's church. From your post I am assuming Phil is hilltop?

If a man believe that God raised Jesus from the dead, he shall be saved and is part of the body of Christ the Church. Anything other than Jesus body is not the Church. Believing that water baptism remits your sins or that a saint cannot fall away as Hilltop believes, does not save or unsave him.

So far, the only things I see on the forum from Hilltop's posts that I am in disagreement with him about is his view on water baptism and the saints ability to fall away. What he teaches about godliness is certainly 100% scriptural and should not be denied but reconciled with Scripture. From the onset it appeared that Hilltop was in agreement with what Dake teaches on being holy and godly in Christ.

Word up!

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

Thank you for the information luchnia.I should not have inferred you were in Phil = Hill Top's religious group.
My bad.

luchnia wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:05 am
branham1965 wrote:
luchnia
Think about that.
Unreal.

luchnia wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
luchnia wrote:
That is it exactly.
I don't know anything about phil's church. From your post I am assuming Phil is hilltop?

If a man believe that God raised Jesus from the dead, he shall be saved and is part of the body of Christ the Church. Anything other than Jesus body is not the Church. Believing that water baptism remits your sins or that a saint cannot fall away as Hilltop believes, does not save or unsave him.

So far, the only things I see on the forum from Hilltop's posts that I am in disagreement with him about is his view on water baptism and the saints ability to fall away. What he teaches about godliness is certainly 100% scriptural and should not be denied but reconciled with Scripture. From the onset it appeared that Hilltop was in agreement with what Dake teaches on being holy and godly in Christ.

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

branham1965 wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:35 am
You have less than 16 people in your Church here in the USA.

Does that not get your attention a little??
How many people are on this site?
Does that small number refute the message sent out by your posters?

Didn't Jesus say that "many are called but few are chosen"?

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

branham1965 wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:41 am
Your teaching is in total conflict with the Pentecostal Charismatic world.

If my Church had under 17 members in the USA and i was not sure any of them were saved or if i was saved i would seriously re - check my theology.
I have never heard anything like that in my life.
It seems like you have never heard of perfect obedience to the Creator either.
Even though God has demanded it.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

Once again you are presuming to know me.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Act 2:21
And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

branham1965 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:49 pm
Once again you are presuming to know me.
You are your testimony.
But a loving and merciful God has allowed us all to change our destiny with repentance from sin and rebirth.

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

Ironman wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:09 pm
And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Shall we go ahead seventeen verses and see why/where that is put into effect?
Acts 2:38..."Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."
Another time, this was said..."And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord." (Acts 22:16)

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

You acts as if i have never heard that before.

I was a member of 3 Churches that taught baptismal regeneration.

It is age old heresy of Baptismal Regeneration.
Get a DAKE BIBLE.
- FORGIVENESS NOT BY WATER notes Matthew 3:11
- EXAMPLES OF GOD HEARING SINNERS notes JOHN 9:31
- NOTES ON ACTS 2:38 Greek word eis means because of remission
remission is granted by repentance and faith in the Blood of Jesus. Notes on Acts 22:16 Baptism did not remit Paul's sins
Notes on Romans 6 etc.etc.

In God's Plan For Man on page 536 he says
Headings only:
1.No intelligent man can believe it remits sins" the whole system of salvation by baptism rests on a perversion of the word of God."
2.Such a theory takes salvation out of the hands of Christ and places it in the hands of other mediators between God and man ,the administrators of baptism.
3.Baptismal regeneration limits the efficacy of the blood of Christ to the physical element of water.
4.Remission of sins by water baptism recereses the whole order of the gospel which is repentance and faith before baptism.
5.It contradicts hundreds of Scriptures ,which say that sins are remitted and says that men are saved ,justified,sanctified ,and washed from sins ...

Get a Dake Bible and a copy of God's Plan for Man.

Hill Top wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:44 pm
Ironman wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:09 pm
Shall we go ahead seventeen verses and see why/where that is put into effect?
Acts 2:38..."Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."
Another time, this was said..."And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord." (Acts 22:16)