Dake Bible Discussion BoardPurpose of the law

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Re: Purpose of the law

Post by Hill Top »

luchnia wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:10 am
Hill Top wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:17 pm
...and everything consists of Jesus Christ.
I think this belief is part of the pantheism and new age religion and maybe some others as well. Shirley MacClaine believed that everything consists of god or similar and also I think she was into reincarnation and other obscure beliefs because of it.

She, among many others, are good examples of misunderstanding and misguided knowledge about a few verses in Colosians. Hopefully you don't believe this way.
You can tell she doesn't really believe it by her addition of "or similar" to her thesis.
(Or did you add that on?)
Do you really think she was reading Colossians when she came up with that?

New question...
Do you think that those in Christ consist of Christ?

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

macca wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:15 am
Again confusion reigns because of arguments over words.
Jesus was talking to Jews who were not born-again who had a mental knowledge of the Law and the Prophets.
He concluded His teaching with these words '''It is the Spirit that gives life, the flesh profits nothing: the words that I speak to you are Spirit and they are life'''''

Then Peter confirms Jesus's statement with his answer to the question, ''will you also go away?'''
Peter: Lord, to whom shall we go? You have THE WORDS OF ETERNAL LIFE'''''''''''''

We eat Jesus's flesh and drink His blood by listening and receiving the Words of Jesus.....The Word of God is Jesus.

macca
:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Grandfather
Pray for Them which Despitefully Persecute You

Post by Grandfather »

Heb 4:2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

Grandfather wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:33 pm
Heb 4:2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
Thanks for posting this verse from Hebrews 4. Entering into His rest - I was studying the "mixing" with faith the last couple days! We could start another thread on how faith is mixed to put into man's heart to become living and active.

There are no doubt many that do not profit because of not mixing faith with the word preached. For a man to be just he must walk by faith. If he is captured in the sense realm he is losing his way. The Galatians were a good example of this as Paul taught.

Word up!

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

Hill Top wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:35 pm
Real baptism, however, is a once in a life time event.
Real baptism? Interesting term, makes one ponder what a not-real baptism is and which baptism God's word speaks of that is the "real" baptism?

Of course your reply would state water baptism for the remission of sins as the "real" baptism as you do not acknowledge the other baptisms for the believer.

Word up!

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

luchnia wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:52 am
Hill Top wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:35 pm
Real baptism, however, is a once in a life time event.
Real baptism? Interesting term, makes one ponder what a not-real baptism is and which baptism God's word speaks of that is the "real" baptism?

Of course your reply would state water baptism for the remission of sins as the "real" baptism as you do not acknowledge the other baptisms for the believer.
Were you unaware we were discussing water baptism?
Un"real" baptism would be one without belief that it is the blood of Christ with which we are cleansed of past sins.
Un"real" baptism is just a bath.

BTW, I do acknowledge the other baptisms.
Why don't you acknowledge the validity of water baptism?
Or it's ability to wash away past sin as the blood of Christ?
Or, seemingly, it's function as burial of the old man?
Do you have "head knowledge" without faith?