Dake Bible Discussion BoardHolidays or not?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Re: Holidays or not?

Post by luchnia »

Hill Top wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:03 am
I'm not interested in reasons to commit more sin.
I gave up that life when I was crucified and buried with Christ.
I was then raised with Him to walk in newness of life.
A life without sin.
This is the blessed of all things that the child of God has. Freedom from sin and walking in newness of life. The sinner simply cannot even see that aspect. I remember giving up that life as well around 45 years ago. Many confuse sinlessness with self-righteous perfection. It is not about that at all. The sinless life is commanded from God.

It is about who you are in Christ and your walk with Him. As long as God's seed remains and a man walk upright with God, he is promised that freedom. It is when that man chooses to follow another path that danger awaits him. When one truly grasps this they can find the desire that God has for His creation to love them of their own free will. It took me some time to "catch hold" of this, and maybe I need much more, yet what I did grasp was when I realized what God desires of us.

Word up!

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

branham1965 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:45 am
Read Luke 18.the publican said GOD BE MERCIFUL TO ME A .....SINNER. He went to his house justified.
The Pharisee bragged on himself to God.He prayed with himself the Bible says.He was not heard.
Buy a Dake Bible Phil.
I suppose you don't realize it but you are doing exactly as the Pharisee.
You seem to infuse yourself as the publican and thank God you are not like these dirty Pharisees.
Do you see the irony?

I will not buy an annotated book that doesn't condemn sin.
As it is these annotations, and not the text itself, that you rely on to continue to advocate for sin, I have no need for it.
What I have read from Rev Dake aligns with the doctrine which is according to Godliness and not any doctrine which is according to unGodliness.
I'm surprised you don't see it.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

NO PHIL YOU ARE WRESTING THE SCRIPTURES.

THE PHARISEE BRAGS ON HOW GREAT HE IS AND GETS NOTHING FROM GOD.

THE PUBLICAN BEGGED GOD FOR MERCY AND WAS PARDONED.

Exactly what you say cannot happen.

I have studied after Reverend Dake since the late 1970's.

No one here or any where i have ever been has known the Bible like Finis Jennings Dake.

His Bible and books were once treasures to be had.Today rebels think they know more than him and will even badmouth him.Times have greatly changed since the 70's. :neutral: :neutral:
Hill Top wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:28 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Read Luke 18.the publican said GOD BE MERCIFUL TO ME A .....SINNER. He went to his house justified.
The Pharisee bragged on himself to God.He prayed with himself the Bible says.He was not heard.
Buy a Dake Bible Phil.
You seem to infuse yourself as the publican and thank God you are not like these dirty Pharisees.
Do you see the irony?

As it is these annotations, and not the text itself, that you rely on to continue to advocate for sin, I have no need for it.
What I have read from Rev Dake aligns with the doctrine which is according to Godliness and not any doctrine which is according to unGodliness.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Hill Top wrote:
branham1965 wrote:
Buy a Dake Bible Phil.
Do you see the irony?

Hill Top, its you who doesn't see it.
Luke 18:10-14,
10, Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
11, The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
12, I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
13, And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
14, I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

The repenting publican was forgiven and will be exalted, the Pharisee, who thanked God, that he was not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as the publican, was not exalted, he will be abased.

Stop exalting yourself. Your coming across like some Self Licking Ice Cream!

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Jesus even chose a publican to be an apostle, Matthew 10:2-3,
V 2, Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter, and Andrew his brother; James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother;
v 3 Philip, and Bartholomew; Thomas, and Matthew the publican; James [the son] of Alphaeus, and Lebbaeus, whose surname was Thaddaeus;

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

That is right.Matthew was.

Ironman wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:38 pm
V 2, Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter, and Andrew his brother; James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother;
v 3 Philip, and Bartholomew; Thomas, and Matthew the publican; James [the son] of Alphaeus, and Lebbaeus, whose surname was Thaddaeus;

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

branham1965 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:09 pm
No one here or any where i have ever been has known the Bible like Finis Jennings Dake.
His Bible and books were once treasures to be had.Today rebels think they know more than him and will even badmouth him.Times have greatly changed since the 70's.
It is written..."For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death." (2 Cor 7:10)
If the publican sorrowed to repentance he was now an ex-sinner.
Any further sin would show his repentance to be a lie, and his "forgiveness" would be nullified.

If Rev Dake told you to quit sinning and be perfect, would you?

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

Ironman wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:38 pm
What is this in relation to?

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PHIL NO ONE HERE IS SAYING ANY BELIEVER SHOULD SIN.

WE MOST ALL AGREE WITH THE WORD THAT BELIEVERS CAN FAIL AND EVEN LOSE THEIR SALVATION AND GO TO HELL.

I AGREE WITH REVEREND DAKE.YOU DO NOT.

NO ONE IS PERFECT UNTIL THEY ARE IN HEAVEN.
Hill Top wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:27 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:09 pm
His Bible and books were once treasures to be had.Today rebels think they know more than him and will even badmouth him.Times have greatly changed since the 70's.
It is written..."For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death." (2 Cor 7:10)
If the publican sorrowed to repentance he was now an ex-sinner.
Any further sin would show his repentance to be a lie, and his "forgiveness" would be nullified.

If Rev Dake told you to quit sinning and be perfect, would you?

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

Hill Top wrote:
You are correct Dake aligns with the doctrine of Godliness. Dake taught that as long as one was in Christ they were free from sin and holy. He taught that those that think they cannot live free from sin are mistaken as to what sin is.

Word up!