Dake Bible Discussion BoardHolidays or not?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Re: Holidays or not?

Post by Hill Top »

luchnia wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:46 am
I also agree that is is a time that some will spend 1 hour at church and think they have fulfilled their obligations to religion. This is sad indeed and does happen to untold thousands, if not millions today.
These folks are not Christians...are they?
My guess is that you believe all who celebrate christmas or easter are evil and not born again, as you state "form that shows who they are really born of" which to me indicate that idea. This poses a challenge, for with this conclusion you would be implying that bibleman, branham, and many others are not born of God.
I am not here to condemn anybody.
I present a way to live without sin, and those that accept it shall not be condemned.
To take part in the festivities of the infidel makes one an unbeliever.
I would strongly argue against that view. Because one is ignorant of a day and does not have all light, does not exclude them from being born of God. Salvation is by confessing and professing Christ and Him rose again as scripture shows us. The key is to walk in the light as you receive it. Everyone does not have all light in all areas of life. If so, there would be no need of growth.
You rely on the "ignorant" philosophy a lot.
God will not allow a man who seeks Him to be ignorant for long.
Folks revel in ignorance because they are tricked into believing it will shield them from justice.
The "ignorant" are not as ignorant as you imagine.

Want to celebrate the birth of Jesus?
Do it today!
Then do it tomorrow, and the next, and the next....
How?
Not with trees and lights, but with love and charity.
Do it with honesty, kindness, and sobriety in every aspect of your life.
Honor God by standing against evil.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

Thanks for being so honest and real.

I re-read your post and understood it better.

Ironman wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:20 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:34 pm
Holiday is from the old English holy day.

I observe Thanksgiving,Christmas and Easter.

luchnia wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:17 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:07 pm
As i said before the holidays and not worldly to me and mine.They are sacred.

You guys speak for yourselves.

+manger +cross

I cannot wait until Christmas!!!!
Which ones do you hold sacred? Do you celebrate all saints day and other holidays besides christmas and easter?
**********************************************************************************************************

My entire family and extended family celebrates Christmas and Easter billy. I cut myself off for nearly 10 years when I was in the WWCOG and I was lucky they never left me as many in that church were booted out of their families. I now go to the family get togethers and enjoy the company of all the cousins, in-laws, the children and grand children. I have learnt this much billy. One can do more for one's family and friends by not cutting ones self from them

Judging others by what they do or understand is no help or good for anyone. The pharisee's judged Jesus when He associated with publicans and sinners. I felt like a pharisee when I cut myself of from family get togethers during Christmas and Easter. many thought I was "NUTS." :lol!: I dont buy gifts, I give my kids and grandkids money and they can buy what they like.

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

Hill Top wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:27 pm
You rely on the "ignorant" philosophy a lot.
God will not allow a man who seeks Him to be ignorant for long.
Folks revel in ignorance because they are tricked into believing it will shield them from justice.
The "ignorant" are not as ignorant as you imagine.
Ponder this. Everyone is ignorant, just about different things. No one knows it all and has all light, nor can even receive it all for that matter. How long did Jesus allow the disciples to be ignorant? When was the breaking point of ignorance for each one?

What about you? Say you are ignorant about a matter that has to do with your salvation. Am I to think you are unsaved because of that ignorance? How long will God allow you to be ignorant of it while you seek Him? Is that a week, a month, a year, a decade, or even a lifetime?

Word up!

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

luchnia wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:53 am
Ponder this. Everyone is ignorant, just about different things. No one knows it all and has all light, nor can even receive it all for that matter. How long did Jesus allow the disciples to be ignorant? When was the breaking point of ignorance for each one?
What about you? Say you are ignorant about a matter that has to do with your salvation. Am I to think you are unsaved because of that ignorance? How long will God allow you to be ignorant of it while you seek Him? Is that a week, a month, a year, a decade, or even a lifetime?
You are using the natural world to defy the Spiritual world.
The "light" to understand nuclear fusion, or to rebuild a transmission are not relevant to salvation.
The "light" to understand the mind of Christ is.
God won't allow His seed to lack anything important to salvation.
That's why God supplied the churches with pastors/teachers/prophets/fellowship/prayer.
To remain ignorant in spite of God's gifts is just rebellion.

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

Hill Top wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:05 pm
luchnia wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:53 am
You are using the natural world to defy the Spiritual world.
The "light" to understand nuclear fusion, or to rebuild a transmission are not relevant to salvation.
The "light" to understand the mind of Christ is.
God won't allow His seed to lack anything important to salvation.
That's why God supplied the churches with pastors/teachers/prophets/fellowship/prayer.
To remain ignorant in spite of God's gifts is just rebellion.
I understand your point and I agree that God won't allow His seed to lack anything important to salvation. Well put. BTW, I was referring the spiritual light and not light to build things or understand things such as transmissions. How much light does a man need to be saved?

None of what you have stated answers the question previously asked. How long will God allow you to be ignorant while you seek Him?

I am not sure you, or I, can answer it. I hope God is merciful to our ignorance and hope He tarry long with us - especially as we age because we may dull some as time goes on. As I have gotten older, I think I have a few brains cells that have went offline and took a long vacation.

Word up!

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

luchnia wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:28 pm
I understand your point and I agree that God won't allow His seed to lack anything important to salvation. Well put. BTW, I was referring the spiritual light and not light to build things or understand things such as transmissions. How much light does a man need to be saved?

None of what you have stated answers the question previously asked. How long will God allow you to be ignorant while you seek Him?

I am not sure you, or I, can answer it. I hope God is merciful to our ignorance and hope He tarry long with us - especially as we age because we may dull some as time goes on. As I have gotten older, I think I have a few brains cells that have went offline and took a long vacation.
If you really are a non-sinner, you can pray to have those cells back.
But "we know that God heareth not sinners".(John 9:31)

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

Hill Top wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:37 pm
luchnia wrote:

Amen and a point I concur with. My prayer is for stronger cells than those that took vacay.

Word up!

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

AGAIN you need a Dake Bible.

Note d on John 9:31 Examples of God hearing sinners!!!!!

Note a on Matthew 3:11 10 reasons forgiveness not by WATER!!!!!
Hill Top wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:37 pm
luchnia wrote:

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

branham1965 wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:31 pm
It is too bad you are so rushed that you couldn't include the notes with the post.
Frankly, John 9:31 states the exact opposite of what you opine.
Peter writes..."For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil." (1 Peter 3:12)
In Psalms 34:14-16 it is written..."Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.
The eyes of the Lord are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry.
The face of the Lord is against them that do evil, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth."
Include your findings, as there is nothing in the verses that infer that.

I'm not interested in reasons to commit more sin.
I gave up that life when I was crucified and buried with Christ.
I was then raised with Him to walk in newness of life.
A life without sin.
Last edited by Hill Top on Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

Read Luke 18.the publican said GOD BE MERCIFUL TO ME A .....SINNER. He went to his house justified.

The Pharisee bragged on himself to God.He prayed with himself the Bible says.He was not heard.

Buy a Dake Bible Phil. :scatter:
Hill Top wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:03 am
branham1965 wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:31 pm
It is too bad you are so rushed that you couldn't include the notes with the post.
Frankly, John 9:31 states the exact opposite of what you opine.
Peter writes..."For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil." (1 Peter 3:12)
In Psalms 34:14-16 it is written..."Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.
The eyes of the Lord are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry.
The face of the Lord is against them that do evil, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth."
Include your findings, as there is nothing in the verses that infer that.

I'm not interested in reasons to commit more sin.
I gave up that life when I was crucified and buried with Christ.
I was then raised with Him to walk in newness of life.
A life without sin.