Dake Bible Discussion BoardThe gospel verses the truth - Acts 16

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: The gospel verses the truth - Acts 16

Post by branham1965 »

WHAT YOU REALLY MEAN IS

THAT I AGREE WITH YOUR UNIQUE LONE RANGER VIEWS ON THE WORD OF GOD.
ANYONE WHO THINKS THEY ARE BEYOND OR TOO GOOD FOR DAD HAGIN AND DR.LESTER SUMRALL IS TO FAR OUT FOR ME.

ONCE AGAIN

ACTS 16 VERSES 16-19 PLEASE READ NOTES R,S,T,U IN THE DAKE BIBLE ON THIS.

HE TELLS THE REAL TRUTH ON IT.

luchnia wrote:
branham1965 wrote:I do not agree with some of your points and i tell you so.But i like some of your stuff.And you seem very cool. Saying that

LET ME ASK YOU:

ARE THE GIFTS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT FOR TODAY OR DID THEY CEASE WHEN THE LAST APOSTLE DIED??? PLEASE ANSWER.
I have no problem at all with your disagreement as long as it is supported with God's word. To reason on anything else is hardly worthwhile, however that is my view. My preference is when someone disagrees that they support their disagreement with God's word. If they want to state their position, no problem there either if it is rational.

I am not sure what the gifts of the Spirit subject has to do with this thread, but I don't mind answering your question. If the gifts ceased then there would be Scripture to support such. Are you aware of any text that indicates the gifts ceased?

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

branham1965 wrote:WHAT YOU REALLY MEAN IS

ANYONE WHO THINKS THEY ARE BEYOND OR TOO GOOD FOR DAD HAGIN AND DR.LESTER SUMRALL IS TO FAR OUT FOR ME.

ONCE AGAIN

What I meant was what I typed, nothing more, nothing less. I will admit, I have little clue as to what you mean in this post.

I am also not sure what the intent is behind the comment about Hagin or Sumrall. I have never stated in any post, nor implied, that I think I am beyond or too good for those men, or any men for that matter. I choose not to do those type of things.

BTW, I have studied the Dake bible for around 40 years now and I am very well aware of his notes on the text in question and I don't disagree with Dake. Dake stated that the girl spoke the truth about the men and I am in perfect agreement with that.

Word up!

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

luchnia wrote:

ONCE AGAIN

What I meant was what I typed, nothing more, nothing less. I will admit, I have little clue as to what you mean in this post.

I am also not sure what the intent is behind the comment about Hagin or Sumrall. I have never stated in any post, nor implied, that I think I am beyond or too good for those men, or any men for that matter. I choose not to do those type of things.

BTW, I have studied the Dake bible for around 40 years now and I am very well aware of his notes on the text in question and I don't disagree with Dake. Dake stated that the girl spoke the truth about the men and I am in perfect agreement with that.
Hum... may have missed something here.

Dake says it is the "spirit of python," I thought you disagreed with that?

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

bibleman wrote:
luchnia wrote:

ONCE AGAIN

Let me clarify as I believe I painted this with too broad a brush.
I accept the greek translation since that is what they had and all we got on this. If I am not mistaken, Dake’s notes merely give us what Dake believes the greek translates it to be, correct? Spirit of Pythos, or something along those lines which some scholars translate to be a spirit from that area and not a spirit of the snake. Overall, if I am not mistaken, equates to the historical mythical lore of a snake that fought a dragon from pathos.

Do I believe that spirits will try to make men believe in mythical fairy tale gods that are not real? YES.

Do I believe that this spirit that possessed this girl was a spirit of a mythical fairy tale snake that fought a dragon? NO, I don’t.

Do I believe the evil spirit was from the area of Pathos, or whatever it was called? That is possible, but we simply don’t know, yet the greek seems to allude to that territorial concept.

Word up!

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

ACTUALLY WE KNOW SIR.EVEN IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT IT.READ THE NOTES IN THE DAKE BIBLE ON THIS AND QUIT REBELLING.

luchnia wrote:
bibleman wrote:
luchnia wrote:

ONCE AGAIN

Let me clarify as I believe I painted this with too broad a brush.
I accept the greek translation since that is what they had and all we got on this. If I am not mistaken, Dake’s notes merely give us what Dake believes the greek translates it to be, correct? Spirit of Pythos, or something along those lines which some scholars translate to be a spirit from that area and not a spirit of the snake. Overall, if I am not mistaken, equates to the historical mythical lore of a snake that fought a dragon from pathos.

Do I believe that spirits will try to make men believe in mythical fairy tale gods that are not real? YES.

Do I believe that this spirit that possessed this girl was a spirit of a mythical fairy tale snake that fought a dragon? NO, I don’t.

Do I believe the evil spirit was from the area of Pathos, or whatever it was called? That is possible, but we simply don’t know, yet the greek seems to allude to that territorial concept.

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

branham1965 wrote:ACTUALLY WE KNOW SIR.EVEN IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT IT.READ THE NOTES IN THE DAKE BIBLE ON THIS AND QUIT REBELLING.
Then you must know something no other than God would know and something He did not record in His Word.

Word up!

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

branham1965 wrote:Reverend Kenneth E.Hagin

Deliverance from Demonic Influence II volume 3.

Dad Hagin covers this beautifully in this message on youtube. :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

branham1965 wrote:

Dad Hagin covers this beautifully in this message on youtube. :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:
As the old saying goes, "Whatever floats your boat."

Word up!

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

Now that is what i thought luchnia.I knew it.Thank you for finally let us see what you really believe.

You oppose the real Word people like Kenneth E.Hagin and others.

And set your self up as the one loyal to "God's Word".

luchnia wrote:
branham1965 wrote:

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

branham1965 wrote:Now that is what i thought luchnia.I knew it.Thank you for finally let us see what you really believe.

You oppose the real Word people like Kenneth E.Hagin and others.

And set your self up as the one loyal to "God's Word".

luchnia wrote:
branham1965 wrote:

And you got what I believe from the statement? "Whatever floats your boat." You have got to be kidding me. Why make such assumptions about me that are not true?

If you desire to discuss a topic please post the Word of God to support your views (which I doubt will ever happen because you rarely ever support your views with God's word).

Word up!