Dake Bible Discussion BoardQuestions Young Earth Theorists Have Not Been Able to Answer

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ray

Re: Questions Young Earth Theorists Have Not Been Able to An

Post by Ray »

2 Peter 3:
5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

Clearly Noah's Flood.

Ray

Post by Ray »

At the Time of Noah
5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
6 And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
7 And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.
8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord.
9 These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.
10 And Noah begat three sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth.
11 The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.
12 And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.
13 And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

So GOD saw how wicked mankind at that time had become. So HE destroyed them in a flood ALL but
Noah a Just man who walked with GOD and his family.

And Haz you say (I paraphrase) that Satan and his angels rebelled and got so out of control that GOD destroys the Heavens and earth in everything in them. BUT LEAVES SATAN AND HIS FALLEN ANGELS UNTOUCHED.

Can you see Haz how there seems to be a problem with this???

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

well coming out of hyperspace here .... :new-alien:

Ray
you are entitled to your view.why not let Haz have his???? we are DARB Gap people. +highfive

Kenneth Hagin believed it.DEREK Prince was far more educated than almost any man in Pentecostal history.DEREK believed the Gap Teaching.He
had two King's Signatures for his flawless academic prowess.One from Eaton;one from Cambridge.
DEREK topped his classes there.
He read Greek,Hebrew.Spoke and wrote at least 8 i think more languages fluently.AND HE LOVED ISRAEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! +IsraelFlag and won multitudes to Jesus like Dad Hagin and Reverend Dake did.

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

Even a light skim of God's word with a reasonable level of thinking would indicate the earth much older than 6000 years and we would be rather unlearned to attempt to build a 6000 year old earth. The real challenge before us may well be how to determine how many millions of years old the earth is. Some have speculated the earth's age to be 80-100 million, yet the earth may be hundreds of millions of years old. Many have tried to force a 6000 year beginning and like so many other misunderstandings it does not fit God's word.

Word up!
Ray

Post by Ray »

luchnia wrote:Even a light skim of God's word with a reasonable level of thinking would indicate the earth much older than 6000 years and we would be rather unlearned to attempt to build a 6000 year old earth. The real challenge before us may well be how to determine how many millions of years old the earth is. Some have speculated the earth's age to be 80-100 million, yet the earth may be hundreds of millions of years old. Many have tried to force a 6000 year beginning and like so many other misunderstandings it does not fit God's word.
Hello luchnia,
Above you wrote:
" Many have tried to force a 6000 year beginning and like so many other misunderstandings it does not fit God's word."

***Let me write a little here about to "fit GOD'S WORD"

Genesis 1:5King James Version (KJV)
5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

***luchnia, If the verse above is not REALLY speaking of THE FIRST DAY, why not change the Gen.1 account
of creation to fit what we believe. Some Translations already has. (to teach something different than what
is given is where unbelief and doubt begins) Yea the King James Bible is a Great Translation, But it seems
if we believe everything written in it "we would be rather unlearned" according to those of the world.

Exodus 20:11King James Version (KJV)
11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

*** luchnia, Well this verse above does not fit into what we believe, So Let's go with:
"For in six days the Lord RE-MADE heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it."
BUT MILLIONS OF YEARS AGO:
"For in six days the Lord CREATED heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
***Yea that will work, Lets go with that. Maybe we can get some Bible translations to go with this, I'm sure it won't be difficult, If it's not already done.

Romans 5:12King James Version (KJV)
12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

*** Hey luchnia, If the world was Created Millions of years ago and was destroyed surly there was death at that time. The verse above might cause some "misunderstandings" of what we have come to believe. Hey
Let's do this:
"Wherefore, as by one PRE-ADAMITE sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:"
*** Yea that will work, let's see if we can get that changed.

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

I was wondering, approximately how old do you think the earth is?

Word up!
Ray

Post by Ray »

luchnia wrote:I was wondering, approximately how old do you think the earth is?
Hello luchnia,
I will answer your question with a question.
If you could have seen Adam one second after He was created how old would He have looked?

Think About it.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

"GIVE IT A BREAK MAN.QUIT BEATING IT INTO THE GROUND."

cool hand luke

Ray wrote:
luchnia wrote:Even a light skim of God's word with a reasonable level of thinking would indicate the earth much older than 6000 years and we would be rather unlearned to attempt to build a 6000 year old earth. The real challenge before us may well be how to determine how many millions of years old the earth is. Some have speculated the earth's age to be 80-100 million, yet the earth may be hundreds of millions of years old. Many have tried to force a 6000 year beginning and like so many other misunderstandings it does not fit God's word.
Hello luchnia,
Above you wrote:
" Many have tried to force a 6000 year beginning and like so many other misunderstandings it does not fit God's word."

***Let me write a little here about to "fit GOD'S WORD"

Genesis 1:5King James Version (KJV)
5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

***luchnia, If the verse above is not REALLY speaking of THE FIRST DAY, why not change the Gen.1 account
of creation to fit what we believe. Some Translations already has. (to teach something different than what
is given is where unbelief and doubt begins) Yea the King James Bible is a Great Translation, But it seems
if we believe everything written in it "we would be rather unlearned" according to those of the world.

Exodus 20:11King James Version (KJV)
11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

*** luchnia, Well this verse above does not fit into what we believe, So Let's go with:
"For in six days the Lord RE-MADE heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it."
BUT MILLIONS OF YEARS AGO:
"For in six days the Lord CREATED heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
***Yea that will work, Lets go with that. Maybe we can get some Bible translations to go with this, I'm sure it won't be difficult, If it's not already done.

Romans 5:12King James Version (KJV)
12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

*** Hey luchnia, If the world was Created Millions of years ago and was destroyed surly there was death at that time. The verse above might cause some "misunderstandings" of what we have come to believe. Hey
Let's do this:
"Wherefore, as by one PRE-ADAMITE sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:"
*** Yea that will work, let's see if we can get that changed.

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

Ray wrote:
luchnia wrote:I was wondering, approximately how old do you think the earth is?
Hello luchnia,
I will answer your question with a question.
If you could have seen Adam one second after He was created how old would He have looked?

Think About it.
Not sure I perceive correctly here, but let me guess, if Adam was created "old" then the earth was created old? Or if Adam were created young then the earth created young?

Word up!
Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Ray wrote:2 Peter 3:
5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

Clearly Noah's Flood.
Just shows me how clearly you are in error. You just hang on to a verse or two you THINK lines up with your pet theory and IGNORE the dozens of not hundreds I have given which proves there was a pre-Adamite world, ruled by Lucifer who decided to try and de-throne God but failed, and God in His anger completely destroyed the earth AND ALL IN IT, something God never did in Noah's flood.

Now, 2 Peter 3:5-7 expresses this clearly in plain human language, "For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing (emerging) out of the water and in the water:

Whereby the world THAT THEN WAS, being overflowed with water, PERISHED:
But the heavens and the Earth, WHICH ARE NOW, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men."

This is where people become confused and say the world "that then was," was the world before Noah's flood, but this cannot be because:

If the world that THAT THEN WAS" is that between Adam and the flood of Noah, then God created The heavens and the Earth WHICH ARE NOW" since the flood of Noah. Noah and his family lived prior to his flood and after it.

The world "THAT THEN WAS PERISHED" and everything in it also perished. What change could Noah's flood make to the heavens? None, for floods on Earth can never cover the heavens. The earth, vegetation, the heavens, all remained the same after Noah's flood.

Peter, in (2 Peter 3:3-7) taught that scoffers were totally ignorant of the flood that destroyed the social system and the earth "that then was" (lucifers flood). These scoffers all knew of Noah's flood and still know today. This proves that the truth of the flood that destroyed the original creation was hidden from them, while they knew about Noah's flood.

Sadly, some people just plainly and simply refuse to believe what they read in God's Word because they are either too dumb, completely ignorantas Peter stated, or they think they know more than God Himself has revealed. :lol!:

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?