Dake Bible Discussion BoardDid Peter lose his salvation?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
bibleman
Administrator

Re: Did Peter lose his salvation?

Post by bibleman »

Justaned wrote:
Rocky wrote:
Justaned wrote:I really believe the american church has lost the real concept of being born again. Where Jesus become Lord of your life, not just a very important piece. To make Jesus Lord requires you to crucify the flesh and so many today are more worried about the welfare of their flesh than they are the welfare of their spirit. To make Jesus Lord of you life requires you to lay down your rights, your wants, you aspirations and seek God's wants, God's aspiration for you. Today everyone talks about respect, but Jesus being God showed us it wasn't about receiving respect it was about doing the will of God. The disciples and Paul followed suit as did the early Christian Church. They were praying as people used and abused them, told lies about them, made them suffer untold hardships, suffer horrendous deaths.
Today's American Christian can't come to church if it is raining, of they are too tired, or the church's heat is off and it is too cold, or if the church's air is broken and it is too hot. Today's Christian will not come to church unless the church feeds their perceived needs.

I don't think we the American church knows what it means to be born again but we believe we are capable of inventing doctrine to justify sinful behavior.
Ed so are you stevie super Christian?

No I just read scripture that says without holiness no one will see the face of God.
But Ed....

I thought you said a saved born again person could be a sinner and still go to Heaven!

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note
Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
Rocky wrote:
Justaned wrote:I really believe the american church has lost the real concept of being born again. Where Jesus become Lord of your life, not just a very important piece. To make Jesus Lord requires you to crucify the flesh and so many today are more worried about the welfare of their flesh than they are the welfare of their spirit. To make Jesus Lord of you life requires you to lay down your rights, your wants, you aspirations and seek God's wants, God's aspiration for you. Today everyone talks about respect, but Jesus being God showed us it wasn't about receiving respect it was about doing the will of God. The disciples and Paul followed suit as did the early Christian Church. They were praying as people used and abused them, told lies about them, made them suffer untold hardships, suffer horrendous deaths.
Today's American Christian can't come to church if it is raining, of they are too tired, or the church's heat is off and it is too cold, or if the church's air is broken and it is too hot. Today's Christian will not come to church unless the church feeds their perceived needs.

I don't think we the American church knows what it means to be born again but we believe we are capable of inventing doctrine to justify sinful behavior.

No I just read scripture that says without holiness no one will see the face of God.
But Ed....

I thought you said a saved born again person could be a sinner and still go to Heaven!
I never said that. I said Jesus' blood covers our sins past, present, future. However if a supposedly saved person deliberately sins I don't think they was as saved as they may think they are.

frenchie
Wrestle Against Principalities

Post by frenchie »

brodave wrote:So if they were born again as we are born again why did Jesus bare our sins on the cross?
I'm not a scholar but the way i see it is that if He did'nt bare our sins on the cross it would have invalidate their new birth and give ground to the devil to reclaim their souls.
Had the Lord Jesus chickened out and avoid the cross, the devil would have gain the control of the world indefinitely.

Am i right with this this line of tought ?

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
Rocky wrote:

But Ed....

I never said that. I said Jesus' blood covers our sins past, present, future. However if a supposedly saved person deliberately sins I don't think they was as saved as they may think they are.
Ed please answer. Where is the bible does it say it covers our future sins? Is this automatic or do we need to confess? Does it cover sins even before they are committed?

brodave

Post by brodave »

Titus 2:11-13 For the grace of God has appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lust, we should live soberly , righteously , and godly in this present age, looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ.
Heb. 12:14 Pursue peace with all people ,and holiness , without witch no one will see the LORD.

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

Rocky wrote:
Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
Rocky wrote:

But Ed....

Ed please answer. Where is the bible does it say it covers our future sins? Is this automatic or do we need to confess? Does it cover sins even before they are committed?
Where in the Bible does it say it doesn't cover future sins. Aren't all our sins future to sins to the cross? Of course we need to confess what we are convicted over but how many sins do we commit that we are unaware of and are not convicted of? Sins of omission are probably the biggest sins committed by real Christians and many times we are totally unaware we committed them. Do they send us to hell if we don't confess them? You tell me you commit a sin of omission and in the next instant die, are you lost forever? Who could ever be sure of their salvation if that be the case?

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Justaned wrote:
Rocky wrote:
Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
Rocky wrote:

But Ed....

Where in the Bible does it say it doesn't cover future sins. Aren't all our sins future to sins to the cross? Of course we need to confess what we are convicted over but how many sins do we commit that we are unaware of and are not convicted of? Sins of omission are probably the biggest sins committed by real Christians and many times we are totally unaware we committed them. Do they send us to hell if we don't confess them? You tell me you commit a sin of omission and in the next instant die, are you lost forever? Who could ever be sure of their salvation if that be the case?

Hi Ed,

But according to you and your golden text of the Bible....

If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God. (Heb 10:26, 27)

If future sins are forgiven... then why does this person who sinned AFTER salvation... have no sacrifice remaining for sin?

After all - he should not even need to confess his sins according to you... since they are - already forgiven!

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note
Justaned

Post by Justaned »

bibleman wrote:
Hi Ed,

If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God. (Heb 10:26, 27)

If future sins are forgiven... then why does this person who sinned AFTER salvation... have no sacrifice remaining for sin?

After all - he should not even need to confess his sins according to you... since they are - already forgiven!

The "willfully" part should be the focal point. Do you believe Christians willfully sin? If so would you show us scripture that attests to that fact. Can I ask why are you defending your right to sin?

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

I GIVE THE KNOCK OUT TO REVEREND BIBLE BECAUSE OF THIS POST.
ED IS VERY BULLISH AND TENACIOUS.IN FACT HE COULD MAKE MY UNCLE BUD AND MY EXFATHER IN LAW A MILITANT CAMPBELLITE LOOK LIKE A COUPLE PIKERS.

ED IS THROWING AND LANDING SOME GOOD BLOWS...LEON FEINTS BOBS WEAVES LEADS WITH WITH THE JAB AND THEN OVERHAND RIGHT ON THE CHIN FOLLOWS WITH THE LEFT HOOK :shocked!: DOWN GOES FRAZIER!!!!DOWN GOES FRAZIER!!!!!DOWN GOES FRAZIER!!!! DOWN GOES FRAZIER!!!!!!...........

whew.... :crazyeyes: :crazyeyes:

But Ed....

I thought you said a saved born again person could be a sinner and still go to Heaven![/quote]
I never said that. I said Jesus' blood covers our sins past, present, future. However if a supposedly saved person deliberately sins I don't think they was as saved as they may think they are.[/quote]

Ed please answer. Where is the bible does it say it covers our future sins? Is this automatic or do we need to confess? Does it cover sins even before they are committed?[/quote]

Where in the Bible does it say it doesn't cover future sins. Aren't all our sins future to sins to the cross? Of course we need to confess what we are convicted over but how many sins do we commit that we are unaware of and are not convicted of? Sins of omission are probably the biggest sins committed by real Christians and many times we are totally unaware we committed them. Do they send us to hell if we don't confess them? You tell me you commit a sin of omission and in the next instant die, are you lost forever? Who could ever be sure of their salvation if that be the case?[/quote]

Hi Ed,

After all - he should not even need to confess his sins according to you... since they are - already forgiven![/quote]

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Hi Ed,

The "willfully" part should be the focal point. Do you believe Christians willfully sin? If so would you show us scripture that attests to that fact. Can I ask why are you defending your right to sin?
He is not defending the right to sin. Where did you get that out of this reply?