Dake Bible Discussion BoardFinis Dake's View of Spirtual Warfare

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Finis Dake's View of Spirtual Warfare

Post by Justaned »

victoryword wrote:
Justaned wrote:So your saying you don't sin?

1 John 1:10 (NKJV)
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.
I hate when people quote that passage out of context:
  • 1 John 1:
    5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
    6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
    7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
    8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
    9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
    10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
If John was saying that a person MUST always be sinning then he would never have said:
  • 1 John 3
    5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
    6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
    7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
    8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
    9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
    10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
Keep it in context Ed and you may get delivered from your false doctrines.
John didn't say we must sin, John said we do sin. Do you deny you sin? I happen to have witnessed you sinning.

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

Rocky wrote:
Justaned wrote:
Rocky wrote:
Justaned wrote:When your tempted what is tempted in you. You fleshly desires or spiritual desire?
Satan and demons spirits. I don't have any desires for sin. Do you? Nothing about sin is appealing to me. Again, I am indeed dead to sin and alive in Christ. I am crucified with Christ. I have put off the old man, I am born again. I am a new creature in Christ Jesus. I walk in the spirit. I have been transformed by the renewing of my mind, I am sanctified, I am justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God. I think you get the idea here. Do you not believe these things about your self? One does not have a sin nature if he believes these things and have done these things and believes that these things have been done. Faith, what a wonderful thing.

So your saying you don't sin?

10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.
So do you? Have you not counted your self crucified with Christ brother. I did not say I have never sinned, noticed the past tense on the word in the scripture you used. I hope I don't, I have faith in the cross not to, we must walk in the spirit not to. So, not that I am aware of, but if we do we must confess it, or it incurs the death penalty, What I am saying we can have victory over sin and not be ruled by it. I am not saying that to boast about my self, I just believe the death and resurrection of Jesus is that powerful.
He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. and Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin ; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
I love plain easy to understand scripture. I never said I was ever with out sin, I needed a savior as well. But one can live in victory over it.

So Ed if sin is transgression of the law are you saying you have still have to, lie, steal, covet, commit adultery. murder, blasphemed God, worship idols, walk in the flesh And other sins that incurs the death penalty? if that is the case perhaps some one has not put on Christ. I am saying there is victory and Jesus. I love that hymn by the way
No I'm saying if we are honest was all sin, I mistakenly said something to you that I had to repent of. I did not treat you as I would want to be treated. That is sin. We don't intend to sin but being imperfect mortal humans at times we respond to others using our flesh instead of our spirit. Usually when that happens we sin.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Justaned wrote:
Rocky wrote:
Justaned wrote:
Rocky wrote:
Justaned wrote:When your tempted what is tempted in you. You fleshly desires or spiritual desire?
Satan and demons spirits. I don't have any desires for sin. Do you? Nothing about sin is appealing to me. Again, I am indeed dead to sin and alive in Christ. I am crucified with Christ. I have put off the old man, I am born again. I am a new creature in Christ Jesus. I walk in the spirit. I have been transformed by the renewing of my mind, I am sanctified, I am justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God. I think you get the idea here. Do you not believe these things about your self? One does not have a sin nature if he believes these things and have done these things and believes that these things have been done. Faith, what a wonderful thing.

So do you? Have you not counted your self crucified with Christ brother. I did not say I have never sinned, noticed the past tense on the word in the scripture you used. I hope I don't, I have faith in the cross not to, we must walk in the spirit not to. So, not that I am aware of, but if we do we must confess it, or it incurs the death penalty, What I am saying we can have victory over sin and not be ruled by it. I am not saying that to boast about my self, I just believe the death and resurrection of Jesus is that powerful.
He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. and Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin ; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
I love plain easy to understand scripture. I never said I was ever with out sin, I needed a savior as well. But one can live in victory over it.

So Ed if sin is transgression of the law are you saying you have still have to, lie, steal, covet, commit adultery. murder, blasphemed God, worship idols, walk in the flesh And other sins that incurs the death penalty? if that is the case perhaps some one has not put on Christ. I am saying there is victory and Jesus. I love that hymn by the way
No I'm saying if we are honest was all sin, I mistakenly said something to you that I had to repent of. I did not treat you as I would want to be treated. That is sin. We don't intend to sin but being imperfect mortal humans at times we respond to others using our flesh instead of our spirit. Usually when that happens we sin.
So John was just kidding with us on this? So theses scriptures do not mean what they mean? perhaps what you call sinning and what the bible calls sinning is two different things. I just now that the bible is right about this.

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

Rocky wrote:
Justaned wrote:
Rocky wrote:
Justaned wrote:
Rocky wrote:

So John was just kidding with us on this? So theses scriptures do not mean what they mean? perhaps what you call sinning and what the bible calls sinning is two different things. I just now that the bible is right about this.
So if I'm reading what you are saying right you are saying John says a Christian no longer sins because they no longer have the sin nature. Therefore according to your interpretation of this passage in John you believe in Once Saved always saved? If you can't sin you can lose your salvation right?

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Justaned wrote:
Rocky wrote:
Justaned wrote:
Rocky wrote:
Justaned wrote:
Rocky wrote:

So if I'm reading what you are saying right you are saying John says a Christian no longer sins because they no longer have the sin nature. Therefore according to your interpretation of this passage in John you believe in Once Saved always saved? If you can't sin you can lose your salvation right?
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin ; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. It is was it is. :mrgreen: It says what it says. So are you right or is John here?

frenchie
Wrestle Against Principalities

Post by frenchie »

Hi!
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin ; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God

The way some peoples interpret this idea is that someone who is born again does'nt "practice" sin anymore, he is not in the habit of sin anymore. He can still sin but it is not his way of life as it was before his conversion.

Is it correct to make a distinction between sinning and practicing sin?

victoryword
Knock and It Shall Be Opened Unto You

Post by victoryword »

Frenchie

I believe that "Whosoever is born of God doth not habitually commit sin" it is an accurate interpretation based on several Greek scholars. However, I don't believe that it does no damage to the case that a person can live free from sin. On the contrary, I believe it supports it. Justaned believes that we do sin but Scripture is clear that a born again person can live free from it.

Now sometimes we all slip (wrong thought, harsh word here and there, etc.) but this does not mean we do it constantly. If we cannot take control of our flesh then what was the purpose of Christ's finished work or the Holy Spirit's indwelling us? Is He not there to keep us from stumbling and falling? All sins of the unbeliever is based on their sin nature. All sins of the born again believer is due to wrong choices. Believers have the God-given power to resist sin.

cpbeller
Wield the Sword of the Spirit, Which is the Word of God

Post by cpbeller »

ok, Ed...one more time...

You are REDEFINING a term. the SIN NATURE. It is the NATURE of man, after the fall, and before a man receives Christ. Adam was not inclined to sin, and in fact, Adam was created in the very image and likeness of God...until he did sin, and fell from his status. His nature went from godliness to sinful. He was no longer sinless, for he had taken within himself the SIN NATURE. He had no sin, because he was created by God. But once he fell, he became sinful. His nature was then sin, thus, he then had a SIN NATURE. His nature then corrupted the entire human race, passing on the SIN NATURE to the rest of humanity...except for Christ. The reason Jesus did not inherit that SIN NATURE, is because He did not come from the loins of a MAN. A MAN was not Jesus' father...God was His Father. That is why He is called the SECOND ADAM...All the way back in Genesis 3, God said that the Saviour (Jesus, unless you believe that passage is talking about something other than what it is talking about also?) would come from the "seed of the woman". The SIN NATURE did not pass through the woman, it passed from the man.

Now, the SIN NATURE, is the very nature of man in his fallen state. If Jesus had a sin nature, as you continue to stupidly declare (and yes, I used that term, because this tops any other idiocy that you have pushed on these forums), then He could not have even paid for His own sinfullness (because if he had a sin nature, then he was a sinner). The flesh is not the sin nature, but for some reason, you keep pushing that it is. It is not. If the flesh was the sin nature, then God created Adam and Eve as a flawed creation. If what you are saying is true, then God created Adam, full of sin, full of pride, full of envy, full of lust...And that would make God the author of sin. Is He the author of sin? You tell me? It sounds like you are, indeed, saying that.

Do you not see the craziness that you are pushing? Be a man and admit that you used the wrong term...and stop fighting this silly battle to always be right. You are borderline (you may have even gone over that line) heresy now...and even when it is pointed out to you, in simple terms...you still grit your teeth and dig your heels into the ground...why? Because there is no way that you could ever be wrong, and us right? Get over yourself...

And as far as you continuing to go back to this "Then you don't sin?" is such a stupid argument. Nobody has said such a thing, and you know it. I don't believe even one person has said that Jesus could not be tempted. We have continued to say that his NATURE WAS NOT SIN, unlike you, who keeps trying to force that redefinition of the term used.

You are wrong, it is that simple. And one more time...

JESUS DID NOT HAVE A SIN NATURE.

DISCLAIMER: Whatever I say or do not say may or may not apply to you based on whether you are or are not a Christian. And whether you are or are not a Christian may or may not be based off of whatever denomination you may or may not be a part of.
Justaned

Post by Justaned »

Rocky wrote: Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin ; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. It is was it is. :mrgreen: It says what it says. So are you right or is John here?

From your interpretation then OSAS is a fact!

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

frenchie wrote:Hi!
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin ; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God

The way some peoples interpret this idea is that someone who is born again does'nt "practice" sin anymore, he is not in the habit of sin anymore. He can still sin but it is not his way of life as it was before his conversion.

Is it correct to make a distinction between sinning and practicing sin?
I think so.