Dake Bible Discussion BoardThank God For Everything?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
bibleman
Administrator

Thank God For Everything?

Post by bibleman »

Thank God For Everything?

By Dr. Frederick K.C. Price

Ephesians 5:20: “Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.”

As a Christian, am I suppose to thank God for everything that comes my way? There is a lot of discussion about this verse in churches today. However, we need to be scripturally discriminating about this and analyze what we are giving thanks for.

Are you supposed to give God thanks for your little child getting hit by a car and dying? When your husband dies of cancer and leaves you with five children to raise do you thank God? There are many churches that preach that we are to give thanks in these and other evil situations. They say, “Well, the Lord gave and the Lord has taken away, blessed be the name of the Lord.” No!

I can’t thank God when someone dies and goes to hell. I can’t thank God when someone is crippled with some paralysis and he can’t even feed himself. Is this what the scripture is asking me to do? Am I to thank God for everything that happens – good or bad?

The Spirit of God gave me a revelation regarding this scripture which I want to share with you today. Look at the Epheisans 5:20 again, “giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.” Notice that the things we are to give thanks for are those that are “unto God.”

In Matthew 22:16-21 we read,
16 And they sent to Him their disciples with the Herodians, saying, "Teacher, we know that You are true, and teach the way of God in truth; nor do You care about anyone, for You do not regard the person of men.
17 "Tell us, therefore, what do You think? Is it lawful to pay taxes to Caesar, or not?"
18 But Jesus perceived their wickedness, and said, "Why do you test Me, you hypocrites?
19 "Show Me the tax money." So they brought Him a denarius.
20 And He said to them, "Whose image and inscription is this?"
21 They said to Him, "Caesar's." And He said to them, "Render therefore to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's. (NKJV)

We are supposed to give thanks to God always for the things that He has done, not for what the devil has done. Do you understand? We give God thanks, credit, praise and glory for what He has done! You don’t thank God for what the devil has done. You don’t thank God that somebody died and went to hell. You don’t thank God that somebody is sick and helpless or because somebody was killed or murdered. Don’t blame God for what the devil does.

I know that the idea of a devil is far-fetched for some intellectuals. However, whether you believe it or not, the devil still exists. The Word of God says it and I believe God’s Word. Some of you are in denial and that is why the devil has been whipping your heads. He has tricked you into believing that he doesn’t exist and you have been calling the things that the devil has been doing in your life “the works of God.”

Even as a society we have been blaming God for all manner of destruction. The insurance companies write into their insurance contracts, “Acts of God.” There are certain things they won’t insure because they say that the flood, hurricane, tornado and earthquakes are “Acts of God.”

First John 3:8 says:
He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.

If Jesus came to destroy the works of the devil, then the devil must have some works. Is this right? Jesus described the devil and his works in John 10:10, "The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.”

The devil has some works and when the devil does his works you are not to give God thanks for what the devil has done. You give thanks unto God for what He has done. Render unto God the things that are God’s and render unto Satan the things that he has done. Stop blaming God for the things that the devil is doing!
Posted by CCC-EIF at 11/14/2010 5:38 PM
http://www.crenshawchristiancenter.net/ ... blogid=398

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Thank God For Everything?

Post by branham1965 »

Amen :angel:

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

What a breath of fresh air :angel:

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

What a crock! The man that wrote that doesn't serve an almightly God. His God is limited and ineffectual.

We are told to praise God in all things Job 1:20-22 (NKJV)
20 Then Job arose, tore his robe, and shaved his head; and he fell to the ground and worshiped.
21 And he said: "Naked I came from my mother's womb, And naked shall I return there. The LORD gave, and the LORD has taken away; Blessed be the name of the LORD."
22 In all this Job did not sin nor charge God with wrong.
This passage says Job said this and it also says Job did not sin or charge God with wrong.

Or maybe it is easier to understand this wayJob 1:20-22 (NLT)
20 Job stood up and tore his robe in grief. Then he shaved his head and fell to the ground to worship.
21 He said, “I came naked from my mother’s womb, and I will be naked when I leave. The LORD gave me what I had, and the LORD has taken it away. Praise the name of the LORD!”
22 In all of this, Job did not sin by blaming God.

God is in control! Nothing happens outside God's control. It it did then by definition God would not be God.

What we have to do is learn to trust in God.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

IN NO WAY do i pretend to understand Job.

i know that it was the devil who attacked him and destroyed his life.
Meaning he's after me as well!!!
John 10:10.
God did allow it all.And ill be honest i dont know why.it does not seem fair to me in the natural.
IF anyone can explain it id appreciate it. :agrue:

Justaned wrote:What a crock! The man that wrote that doesn't serve an almightly God. His God is limited and ineffectual.

We are told to praise God in all things Job 1:20-22 (NKJV)
20 Then Job arose, tore his robe, and shaved his head; and he fell to the ground and worshiped.
21 And he said: "Naked I came from my mother's womb, And naked shall I return there. The LORD gave, and the LORD has taken away; Blessed be the name of the LORD."
22 In all this Job did not sin nor charge God with wrong.
This passage says Job said this and it also says Job did not sin or charge God with wrong.

Or maybe it is easier to understand this wayJob 1:20-22 (NLT)
20 Job stood up and tore his robe in grief. Then he shaved his head and fell to the ground to worship.
21 He said, “I came naked from my mother’s womb, and I will be naked when I leave. The LORD gave me what I had, and the LORD has taken it away. Praise the name of the LORD!”
22 In all of this, Job did not sin by blaming God.

God is in control! Nothing happens outside God's control. It it did then by definition God would not be God.

What we have to do is learn to trust in God.

cpbeller
Wield the Sword of the Spirit, Which is the Word of God

Post by cpbeller »

So...sin happened because God wanted it to? Therefore, we should praise God for sin in this world...and for sin in our lives....Because God ordained sin, and wanted sin in the world...

DISCLAIMER: Whatever I say or do not say may or may not apply to you based on whether you are or are not a Christian. And whether you are or are not a Christian may or may not be based off of whatever denomination you may or may not be a part of.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

The only thing trials have taught me is when I turn my back on God, I am on my own and open to the wiles of the adversary. Trials tell me I am not right with God and need to fix what ever is wrong in my life and get right with God again.

I thank God every day, morning, noon, and night for every blessing He has abundently given me and my family, and me knowing full well that I of myself do not deserve any of them!

The results of all the bad things I have recieved were all self inflicted and fully deserved! and not one came from God?

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

Ironman wrote:The only thing trials have taught me is when I turn my back on God, I am on my own and open to the wiles of the adversary. Trials tell me I am not right with God and need to fix what ever is wrong in my life and get right with God again.

I thank God every day, morning, noon, and night for every blessing He has abundently given me and my family, and me knowing full well that I of myself do not deserve any of them!

The results of all the bad things I have recieved were all self inflicted and fully deserved! and not one came from God?
If you don't think a true Christian has a bulls eye painted on their back you live in a mystic world. Ask any Pastor if Satan doesn't attack him at every step of his ministry. If you find one that says no, run like the wind because you are standing before a lying demon.
Of course Satan opposes Christians that is why he is called our adversary.

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

Thats why we are told to put on the WHOLE armour of God Ed.
There are 7 pieces to that armour, defence and attack and it all starts in our minds. 2 cor. 10:4-5;

macca

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

macca wrote:Thats why we are told to put on the WHOLE armour of God Ed.
There are 7 pieces to that armour, defence and attack and it all starts in our minds. 2 cor. 10:4-5;

macca

Macca If you look at the armour it is all defensive except the sword of the Word. The fight is not ours the fight is the Lord's. We are to put on the armour and stand. Letting the word of God we speak go out and fight the fight.

This is where many Christians go wrong they try to fight Satan using their own wiles and Satan easily outsmarts them. It is God's words that are promised not to return void not mans's.