Dake Bible Discussion BoardSaved!, Sinned! What now

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Re: Saved!, Sinned! What now

Post by Ironman »

Justaned wrote:
Ironman wrote:Your good at it, I'll give you that. I never hijaked the thread??

You asked in the thread you accuse me of hijaking;
I don't recall accusing you of anything. I said I started this thread to prevent the other thread from being hijacked. I didn't mention a name.

If that felt accusational to you I'm sorry you felt that way but that is your problem not mine.
Hijak, about to hijak, did he or didn't he hijak, what difference does it make, Sorry but didnt you write this?
"This thread is being opened to prevent another thread from being hijacked.

Ironman has said that many in the New Testament who were saved sinned and lost their salvation and to get it back had to confess their sin and repent.

I said there are no such examples.

Ironman offered both Peter and Judas."[
. There's the name too!

Did you know Moses was a saved man? He had his name written in the book of life.

"And Moses returned unto the LORD, and said, Oh, this people have sinned a great sin, and have made them gods of gold. Yet now, if thou wilt forgive their sin--; and if not, blot me, I pray thee, out of thy book which thou hast written." (Exodus 32:31-32).

You asked, "Why did Jesus have to die?"

To tear the veil from to to bottom and open up salvation to evey man woman and child who has ever lived and who will live untill all is again restored to the way God had originally planed.

"And the sun was darkened, and the veil of the temple was rent in the midst." (Luke 23:45). Every one can no go to the Father in Jesus Name. and ask forgiveness.

You believe no one in the O.T. was a saved person??

David, who sinned, who was an adulterer, a murderer, then a repentant sinner was a man, according to God, whom God called, "a man after my own heart!"

"And afterward they desired a king: and God gave unto them Saul the son of Cis, a man of the tribe of Benjamin, by the space of forty years. And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave their testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will. Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:" (Acts 13:21-23).

So, do you really think Jesus came from the line of a man who was lost?

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

Ironman wrote:
Justaned wrote:

I don't recall accusing you of anything. I said I started this thread to prevent the other thread from being hijacked. I didn't mention a name.

If that felt accusational to you I'm sorry you felt that way but that is your problem not mine.
Hijak, about to hijak, did he or didn't he hijak, what difference does it make, Sorry but didnt you write this?

Ironman has said that many in the New Testament who were saved sinned and lost their salvation and to get it back had to confess their sin and repent.

. There's the name too!

Did you know Moses was a saved man? He had his name written in the book of life.

"And Moses returned unto the LORD, and said, Oh, this people have sinned a great sin, and have made them gods of gold. Yet now, if thou wilt forgive their sin--; and if not, blot me, I pray thee, out of thy book which thou hast written." (Exodus 32:31-32).

To tear the veil from to to bottom and open up salvation to evey man woman and child who has ever lived and who will live untill all is again restored to the way God had originally planed.

"And the sun was darkened, and the veil of the temple was rent in the midst." (Luke 23:45). Every one can no go to the Father in Jesus Name. and ask forgiveness.

David, who sinned, who was an adulterer, a murderer, then a repentant sinner was a man, according to God, whom God called, "a man after my own heart!"

"And afterward they desired a king: and God gave unto them Saul the son of Cis, a man of the tribe of Benjamin, by the space of forty years. And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave their testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will. Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:" (Acts 13:21-23).

Ironman
Okay I give up your right and I'm wrong.
Now tell me what Hebrews 6:4-7 says.

I say it says it is impossible for a person that was once saved and lost their salvation to ever be saved again. What you say it means?

I further go back to my statement that started this discussion. I said no scripture ever tells a person that was saved in the New Testament and had lost his salvation to repent to be saved again. If it does then we have a contradiction in scripture.

scottae316
Wrestle Against Spiritual Wickedness in High Places

Post by scottae316 »

Just to understand if one sins at all, they must be born again, again? So then they would have to be Baptized again also, correct?

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

Ananias and Sapphira sure did not get a second chance after getting caught out lieing to God.... :shocked!:

macca

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Justaned wrote:
Ironman wrote:
Justaned wrote:

. There's the name too!

Ironman

I say it says it is impossible for a person that was once saved and lost their salvation to ever be saved again. What you say it means?

I further go back to my statement that started this discussion. I said no scripture ever tells a person that was saved in the New Testament and had lost his salvation to repent to be saved again. If it does then we have a contradiction in scripture.
I posted this in the other thread mate.

On Hebrews 4:6, (If they should fall away), How could they fall away from experiences of v 4-5 if they never did have them? The language is past tense and factual so it cannot be denied that the ones referred to did at one time have experiences. Greek, parapipto, to fall aside; apostatize; fall away. It means to throw overboard all faith in the experiences of the gospel and to deny them. men are here warned that such is possible.

"To renew them again to repentence," is impossible. The reason given given is that they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put Him to open shame. This is the final act of apostacy. They publicly judge Him an imposter and worthy of death. That is, they do not believe in Him or His atonement any longer. Since such faith is the only thing that could renew them again to repentence, it then becomes impossible. How could they be renewed again to repentence if they had not esperienced repentence before? The word "again" means "once more; another time; anew;" and this required repentence one before.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

The Corinthian fornicator was shacking up with his step mother .
Paul exercised his Apostolic authority and delivered the erring man to Satan.1 Cor 5.
the Bible says he was in the Body of Christ at Corinth 1 Cor 5 and that he repented and returned 2 Cor 2.
this proves that you are right Haz.the man went astray and repented and accepted BACK INTO THE CHURCH AT CORINTH!!!!
IF HE WAS UNSAVED WHY WOULD HE BE WELCOMED BACK INTO THE CHURCH????
the Holy Spirit said Simon himself believed and was baptized.he was even hanging out with Phillip!!!!but fpolks say he was not saved.Peter rebuked him and gave him the plan of pardon for erring Christians is to repent and pray v22.
Gal 6 and James 5 teach restoring the fallen.
AS does are Lord's wonderful parable of the Good Samaritan.....how many of us walk on the other side of the road with our noses up in the air???Luke 10
Justaned wrote:
Ironman wrote:
Justaned wrote:

. There's the name too!

Ironman