Dake Bible Discussion BoardWho could possibly doubt the existence of a Pre-Adamite World.

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
bibleman
Administrator

Re: Who could possibly doubt the existence of a Pre-Adamite World.

Post by bibleman »

Grandfather wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 4:57 am
bibleman wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 12:15 am
[*]
Grandfather wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 9:19 pm
bibleman wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 7:16 pm
Grandfather wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 2:18 pm
You continue to accuse me of believing in two creations. My question is where have I alluded to that? What did I write that lead you to that assumption?
I don't know, can't find it, maybe I got a little mixed up for sure!

So you believe that the original creation took place in Genesis 1:1 and that all that follows is simply the restoration of the earth after the judgment of verse 2... Is that right?
I believe that is one plausable reading of Genesis chapter 1
Well then that means that you also believe in 2 creations like the others who reject the Bible truth of the
Pre-adamite world.
No it doesn’t. If that is what you believe then it reveals a very limited knowledge of the subject which then explains your constant misunderstanding and misrepresentation of opposing views.
Instead of making Ad hominem attacks why not explain how it is that you don't believe in TWO creations! Wouldn't that be more productive?

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Grandfather
Pray for Them which Despitefully Persecute You

Post by Grandfather »

bibleman wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 8:28 am
Grandfather wrote:
bibleman wrote:
[*]
Grandfather wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Grandfather wrote:
You continue to accuse me of believing in two creations. My question is where have I alluded to that? What did I write that lead you to that assumption?

So you believe that the original creation took place in Genesis 1:1 and that all that follows is simply the restoration of the earth after the judgment of verse 2... Is that right?
Well then that means that you also believe in 2 creations like the others who reject the Bible truth of the
Pre-adamite world.
No it doesn’t. If that is what you believe then it reveals a very limited knowledge of the subject which then explains your constant misunderstanding and misrepresentation of opposing views.
Instead of making Ad hominem attacks why not explain how it is that you don't believe in TWO creations! Wouldn't that be more productive?
1 - there was no “ad hominem” attack. You are misrepresenting my position, either deliberately or from ignorance, I do not know which.

2 - not everyone who rejects a pre-Adamite world believes in two creations. There may be some, but I am unware of anyone that holds to 2 creations - ex nihilo. Since you seem to know that there are groups that believe in “2 creations” perhaps you can point me to their website, books, doctrine, etc. I would like to see how they justify that position.

3- as far as I can determine there is only one creation out of nothing (ex nihilo) and that is found mentioned in Gen 1:1

4a - there are many that believe in a “gap” between Gen 1:1 and 1:2 - what occurs during this gap can vary among those that hold this position.
4b - there is another group that holds that Gen 1:2 is a “commentary” on how Gen 1:1 occurs. among this group there are divisions as well

All of these groups and divisions use scripture to justify their belief. All of them have rebuttals to those that discount those beliefs. All have strong agruments, and all have weaknesses. A quick glance at many of the free on-line commentaries will share that information with you.

So, for the record. I do not believe in two creations, I cannot find any scripture, or compelling argument from implications in scripture, that would indicate two creations. That said, I cannot say that everyone who believes in a single creation must also believe in a pre-Adamite world. I find compelling agruments both for and against that position, so I refuse to “throw stones” at anyone who holds a contrary position to the one I hold in this matter.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Grandfather wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 12:17 pm
bibleman wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 8:28 am
Grandfather wrote:
bibleman wrote:
[*]
Grandfather wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Grandfather wrote:

Pre-adamite world.
1 - there was no “ad hominem” attack. You are misrepresenting my position, either deliberately or from ignorance, I do not know which.

2 - not everyone who rejects a pre-Adamite world believes in two creations. There may be some, but I am unware of anyone that holds to 2 creations - ex nihilo. Since you seem to know that there are groups that believe in “2 creations” perhaps you can point me to their website, books, doctrine, etc. I would like to see how they justify that position.

3- as far as I can determine there is only one creation out of nothing (ex nihilo) and that is found mentioned in Gen 1:1

4a - there are many that believe in a “gap” between Gen 1:1 and 1:2 - what occurs during this gap can vary among those that hold this position.
4b - there is another group that holds that Gen 1:2 is a “commentary” on how Gen 1:1 occurs. among this group there are divisions as well

All of these groups and divisions use scripture to justify their belief. All of them have rebuttals to those that discount those beliefs. All have strong agruments, and all have weaknesses. A quick glance at many of the free on-line commentaries will share that information with you.

So, for the record. I do not believe in two creations, I cannot find any scripture, or compelling argument from implications in scripture, that would indicate two creations. That said, I cannot say that everyone who believes in a single creation must also believe in a pre-Adamite world. I find compelling agruments both for and against that position, so I refuse to “throw stones” at anyone who holds a contrary position to the one I hold in this matter.
Now we are getting somewhere...

You said: "3- as far as I can determine there is only one creation out of nothing (ex nihilo) and that is found mentioned in Gen 1:1"

I agree!

You said: "So, for the record. I do not believe in two creations, I cannot find any scripture, or compelling argument from implications in scripture, that would indicate two creations."

I agree!

So then what would you call the rest of the Genesis 1:2-31 account?
Reconstruction?
Ordering?
Renovation?
Lifting of the curse?
Re-creation?

What do call it? What would be a good word to describe what God was doing in the rest of Genesis chapter 1 after verse 1?

God bless
Leon Bible

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Grandfather

Post by Grandfather »

bibleman wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 12:33 pm
Now we are getting somewhere..
Perhaps we are getting somewhere. So before launching in to answer more of your questions, why don't you give you a reply to some of the questions I have raised?

First -provide researchable evidence that shows if someone rejects a pre-adamite world they believe in 2 creations. I ask this because you made the claim (see below) so now I am asking you to support that bold assertion.
bibleman wrote:
Pre-adamite world.

Grandfather

Post by Grandfather »

bibleman wrote:
Reconstruction?
Ordering?
Renovation?
Lifting of the curse?
Re-creation?

What do call it? What would be a good word to describe what God was doing in the rest of Genesis chapter 1 after verse 1?
I addressed this previously. Did you skip that part?
Grandfather wrote:

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Grandfather wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 4:52 pm
bibleman wrote:
Now we are getting somewhere..
Perhaps we are getting somewhere. So before launching in to answer more of your questions, why don't you give you a reply to some of the questions I have raised?

First -provide researchable evidence that shows if someone rejects a pre-adamite world they believe in 2 creations. I ask this because you made the claim (see below) so now I am asking you to support that bold assertion.
bibleman wrote:
Pre-adamite world.
You said: "First -provide researchable evidence that shows if someone rejects a pre-adamite world they believe in 2 creations. I ask this because you made the claim (see below) so now I am asking you to support that bold assertion."

Never said their was researchable evidence that shows......

What I said was: "Well then that means that you also believe in 2 creations like the others who reject the Bible truth of the
Pre-adamite world."

God bless
Leon Bible

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Grandfather wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 4:56 pm
bibleman wrote:
Reconstruction?
Ordering?
Renovation?
Lifting of the curse?
Re-creation?

Grandfather wrote:

Hum... Read what you posted and didn't see YOUR answer.

Would it kill you, rather than ask a thousands questions just to state it here: "So then what would you call the rest of the Genesis 1:2-31 account?
Reconstruction?
Ordering?
Renovation?
Lifting of the curse?
Re-creation?"

If you want to state your view then please do so and if not let's not play these games that make these discussions almost useless for others to read with all this back and forth stuff.

God bless
Leon Bible

Grandfather

Post by Grandfather »

bibleman wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 6:23 pm
What I said was: "Well then that means that you also believe in 2 creations like the others who reject the Bible truth of the
Pre-adamite world."
I know that is what you said, now I am asking for evidence that what you said is true. Is that so hard to provide? You made the claim, now back it up, or admit you simply made it up. It is either one or the other.

Grandfather

Post by Grandfather »

bibleman wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 6:26 pm
Grandfather wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Reconstruction?
Ordering?
Renovation?
Lifting of the curse?
Re-creation?

Grandfather wrote:

Would it kill you, rather than ask a thousands questions just to state it here: "So then what would you call the rest of the Genesis 1:2-31 account?
Reconstruction?
Ordering?
Renovation?
Lifting of the curse?
Re-creation?"

If you want to state your view then please do so and if not let's not play these games that make these discussions almost useless for others to read with all this back and forth stuff.
What part of —-A quick glance at many of the free on-line commentaries will share that information with you. —- eludes you?

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

bibleman wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 6:26 pm
Grandfather wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Reconstruction?
Ordering?
Renovation?
Lifting of the curse?
Re-creation?

Grandfather wrote:

Reconstruction?
Ordering?
Renovation?
Lifting of the curse?
Re-creation?"
I call it the "Here's how He did it." section of Gen 1.