Dake Bible Discussion BoardAlmighty God Has Toes!!!

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Almighty God Has Toes!!!

Post by branham1965 »

Grandfather,

Look at note n in the Dake Bible for Psalm 98:4-9

Read note l for Isaiah 55:12

Grandfather wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:16 am
I guess flood waters have hands... Psalm 98:8 Let the floods clap their hands: let the hills be joyful together
So do the trees of the fields... Isa 55:12 the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.
This same verse tells us the mountains and hills must have a mouth because they have a voice and sing!
Last edited by branham1965 on Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Grandfather wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:13 pm
I watched the videos and I was not persuaded by Dake's arguments.

He did not address the anthropomorphism that was predominantly used in the Hebrew tradition.

He did not even attempt to explain the need for Jesus to be made in the likeness of men, if God was already in the likeness of men. (Phil 2:7)

The image of God is something different than a human form appearance. Thus the need for Jesus to become in the likeness of men.
On the video he may not have addressed anthropomorphism but he does in his Bible notes.
Anthropomorphism

Anthropomorphism is the ascription of human physical parts, attributes, and passions to God, and taking the substantiating statements of Scripture to be literal and not figurative.

In support of such teaching an appropriate question is: If God did not mean all He said about Himself in over 20,000 scriptures, then why did He say such things? They certainly do not add to a true understanding of Him if the passages do not mean what they say. Furthermore, why would God, in hundreds of places, refer to Himself as having physical parts, soul passions, and spirit faculties if He does not have them? Would it be necessary for Him to tell us He has such in order to reveal that He does not have them? Would He not be more likely to say in plain language that He does not have eyes, hands, mouth, ears, and other physical members?

It is logical not to question the plain, simple statements of Scripture about God and His body; it is logical to understand them in the same literal way that we understand like statements about angels, men, and other beings. We have no Biblical authority to do otherwise. Rom. 1:20 alone proves this.

The truth is that God has revealed Himself to be seen by the natural eyes of men repeatedly, and Biblical writers have given a clear record concerning what He is like. The many personal descriptions of God's body and thousands of plain declarations regarding His soul passions and spirit attributes should not be denied or interpreted contrary to what is written; they should be believed in all simplicity. The constant rejection of revealed facts about God certainly will not give us a true understanding of Him. To acknowledge them as truth will not make God any less glorious, powerful, or great than He really is. God can be like man in physical form and still be as magnificent as we have always thought Him to be. He can have a spirit-substance body and still be like man in size and shape; and He can have passions, feelings, desires, intelligence and will-power without being confined to man's limitation and sinfulness. Truly He is not only all that men, angels, and other beings are in this respect, but infinitely greater in everything; and man in reality is simply a miniature of God in attributes and powers.

He has appeared to many as a person -- to Adam and Eve (Gen. 2:7,19-22); Cain (Gen. 4:6,9,16); Abraham (Gen. 17:1-22; 18:1,22; 19:1); Isaac (Gen. 26:2-4,24); Jacob (Gen. 28:12-15; 32:24-32; 35:1); Moses (Ex. 3:1-4; 24:12-18; 33:9-11); Joshua (Josh. 5:13-15); Samuel (1Sam. 3:10,21); Elijah (1Ki. 19:11-18); David (1Chr. 21:16-17; 2Chr. 3:1); Isaiah (Isa. 6); and others. See Forty-four Appearances of God.

Finis Jennings Dake, Dake's Annotated Reference Bible: Containing the Old and New Testaments of the Authorized or King James Version Text, (Lawrenceville, GA: Dake Bible Sales, Inc., 1997), WORDsearch CROSS e-book, Under: "Psalm 94".

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple »

Grandfather wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:16 am
I guess flood waters have hands... Psalm 98:8 Let the floods clap their hands: let the hills be joyful together
So do the trees of the fields... Isa 55:12 the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.
This same verse tells us the mountains and hills must have a mouth because they have a voice and sing!
Interesting.
Once we start down the road of taking the Bible literately, rather than literally, many things may begin to appear allegorical.

Genesis 6:8 New King James Version
... Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.

Have you found grace in the eyes of the Lord?
Are You a Good Person?
Save Yourself Some Pain
Hell's Best Kept Secret
True & False Conversion
School of Biblical Evangelism

luchnia
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by luchnia »

I somewhat think of this in the aspect of word God basically meaning deity and of that group of divine beings we have at least 3 recorded in our text, The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit.

There could be more, could be three, could be hundreds, could be thousands, we do not know, and would be impossible to tell from scripture as scriptures uses plural words and statements when referring to the divine ones such as the word "us" in the example, "Let us create man in our image." We simply do not know the number of "us" that exist.

In my opinion, The Father, The Son, and The Spirit are persons with bodily form such as we see Jesus had and of course His statement about The Father is very revealing as well as Paul commenting about the various bodies in 1 Cor 15 and the many appearances in the Old Testament of various of the Godhead. In my meager understanding bodies have shape that relates to the realm they exist within and I can fathom that.

I suppose one day we will all find out the answers to many of our probing questions about things such as this, some of us that are older are likely to find out sooner than later.

Word up!

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

Amen and Amen!!! Thanks Pastor Bible. :angel:

bibleman wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:20 am
Grandfather wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:13 pm
I watched the videos and I was not persuaded by Dake's arguments.

He did not address the anthropomorphism that was predominantly used in the Hebrew tradition.

He did not even attempt to explain the need for Jesus to be made in the likeness of men, if God was already in the likeness of men. (Phil 2:7)

The image of God is something different than a human form appearance. Thus the need for Jesus to become in the likeness of men.
On the video he may not have addressed anthropomorphism but he does in his Bible notes.
Anthropomorphism

Anthropomorphism is the ascription of human physical parts, attributes, and passions to God, and taking the substantiating statements of Scripture to be literal and not figurative.

In support of such teaching an appropriate question is: If God did not mean all He said about Himself in over 20,000 scriptures, then why did He say such things? They certainly do not add to a true understanding of Him if the passages do not mean what they say. Furthermore, why would God, in hundreds of places, refer to Himself as having physical parts, soul passions, and spirit faculties if He does not have them? Would it be necessary for Him to tell us He has such in order to reveal that He does not have them? Would He not be more likely to say in plain language that He does not have eyes, hands, mouth, ears, and other physical members?

It is logical not to question the plain, simple statements of Scripture about God and His body; it is logical to understand them in the same literal way that we understand like statements about angels, men, and other beings. We have no Biblical authority to do otherwise. Rom. 1:20 alone proves this.

The truth is that God has revealed Himself to be seen by the natural eyes of men repeatedly, and Biblical writers have given a clear record concerning what He is like. The many personal descriptions of God's body and thousands of plain declarations regarding His soul passions and spirit attributes should not be denied or interpreted contrary to what is written; they should be believed in all simplicity. The constant rejection of revealed facts about God certainly will not give us a true understanding of Him. To acknowledge them as truth will not make God any less glorious, powerful, or great than He really is. God can be like man in physical form and still be as magnificent as we have always thought Him to be. He can have a spirit-substance body and still be like man in size and shape; and He can have passions, feelings, desires, intelligence and will-power without being confined to man's limitation and sinfulness. Truly He is not only all that men, angels, and other beings are in this respect, but infinitely greater in everything; and man in reality is simply a miniature of God in attributes and powers.

He has appeared to many as a person -- to Adam and Eve (Gen. 2:7,19-22); Cain (Gen. 4:6,9,16); Abraham (Gen. 17:1-22; 18:1,22; 19:1); Isaac (Gen. 26:2-4,24); Jacob (Gen. 28:12-15; 32:24-32; 35:1); Moses (Ex. 3:1-4; 24:12-18; 33:9-11); Joshua (Josh. 5:13-15); Samuel (1Sam. 3:10,21); Elijah (1Ki. 19:11-18); David (1Chr. 21:16-17; 2Chr. 3:1); Isaiah (Isa. 6); and others. See Forty-four Appearances of God.

Finis Jennings Dake, Dake's Annotated Reference Bible: Containing the Old and New Testaments of the Authorized or King James Version Text, (Lawrenceville, GA: Dake Bible Sales, Inc., 1997), WORDsearch CROSS e-book, Under: "Psalm 94".

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

The angels of God or sons of God were there "When the morning stars sang together and the sons of God shouted for joy". Job 38:7

HEAR O ISRAEL: THE LORD OUR GOD IS ONE LORD. Dueteronomy 6:4

In 1 John 5:7 For there are THREE that bear record in heaven,the Father,the Word and the Holy Ghost and these THREE are ONE.1 John 5:7
GO ye therefore ,and teach all nations,baptizing them in the name of the Father,and of the Son ,and of the Holy Ghost. Matthew 28:18
The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ ,and the love of God and the communion of the Holy Ghost ,be with you all .Amen.2 Cor .13:14
All these Three members of the Godhead or the Divine Trinity are called GOD.

+jesussign +peace

luchnia wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:46 am
I somewhat think of this in the aspect of word God basically meaning deity and of that group of divine beings we have at least 3 recorded in our text, The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit.

There could be more, could be three, could be hundreds, could be thousands, we do not know, and would be impossible to tell from scripture as scriptures uses plural words and statements when referring to the divine ones such as the word "us" in the example, "Let us create man in our image." We simply do not know the number of "us" that exist.

In my opinion, The Father, The Son, and The Spirit are persons with bodily form such as we see Jesus had and of course His statement about The Father is very revealing as well as Paul commenting about the various bodies in 1 Cor 15 and the many appearances in the Old Testament of various of the Godhead. In my meager understanding bodies have shape that relates to the realm they exist within and I can fathom that.

I suppose one day we will all find out the answers to many of our probing questions about things such as this, some of us that are older are likely to find out sooner than later.
Last edited by branham1965 on Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

macca
He that will Love Life, and See Good Days, Let Him Refrain His Tongue from Evil

Post by macca »

Once we leave the Word of God to understand anything that the bible teaches, we enter the world of make believe and Satan's realm.
All we end up with is confusion and fear.

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

macca wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:49 pm
Once we leave the Word of God to understand anything that the bible teaches, we enter the world of make believe and Satan's realm.
I agree. That is why some answers were not given us, yet we have all we need to know for now. There is so much we do not know and cannot answer especially concerning the Godhead.

I like the way Paul talks about our future state in 1 Cor 13:12
12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

Dake notes it life like a riddle as he puts it "...it is like a dream."

Word up!

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

branham1965 wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:33 pm
The angels of God or sons of God were there "When the morning stars sang together and the sons of God shouted for joy". Job 38:7

HEAR O ISRAEL: THE LORD OUR GOD IS ONE LORD. Dueteronomy 6:4

In 1 John 5:7 For there are THREE that bear record in heaven,the Father,the Word and the Holy Ghost and these THREE are ONE.1 John 5:7
GO ye therefore ,and teach all nations,baptizing them in the name of the Father,and of the Son ,and of the Holy Ghost. Matthew 28:18
The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ ,and the love of God and the communion of the Holy Ghost ,be with you all .Amen.2 Cor .13:14
All these Three members of the Godhead or the Divine Trinity are called GOD.

+jesussign +peace
Yep, agreed, we can at least know there are three that bear record. How many more, we cannot answer as the text does not say. It simply says, "Let us make man in our image." Adding to, or subtracting from, the text won't answer the number, as it is not given to us.

Word up!

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

:angel: :angel: Amen macca.

macca wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:49 pm