Dake Bible Discussion BoardIs pestilence always sent from god

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
royplumber
Stand Against the Wiles of the Devil

Is pestilence always sent from god

Post by royplumber »

Hi guy's I always come back here when I need a mature well balanced view thank you for all answers in the past.
Your ministry in helping me on my walk has been Brillant thank you everyone.
sorry I have been away for so long its a bit like my Bethel on this forum thank you dake-et's

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Re: Is pestilence always sent from god

Post by luchnia »

royplumber wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:39 am
Hi guy's I always come back here when I need a mature well balanced view thank you for all answers in the past.
Your ministry in helping me on my walk has been Brillant thank you everyone.
sorry I have been away for so long its a bit like my Bethel on this forum thank you dake-et's
Thanks for the kind words and glad to see your post. Please chime in and share with us on the discussions.

Word up!

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Satan is the author of all sin, sickness, disease and fear. God is the creator of all life, a sound mine and body, free from all fear. Fear is the opposite of faith. I have no fear because I have faith in God.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

royplumber

Post by royplumber »

dolph wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:47 pm
Ironman wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:37 pm
Satan is the author of all sin, sickness, disease and fear. God is the creator of all life, a sound mine and body, free from all fear. Fear is the opposite of faith. I have no fear because I have faith in God.
You don't fear God??
surely dolph must know Dake talks about words meaning different things in different context and the simplicity of the gospel. Your unsaved doctors tells you fear will give you diseases. There was no fear in Jesus he had reverential respect for his father.
I think reverential resect must mean obedience.

Does god create evil !

royplumber

Post by royplumber »

I love you man ! I am trying to work this thing out that is not working We have dropped the ball someware.
Brillant time for me too seek god though !

Grandfather
Pray for Them which Despitefully Persecute You

Post by Grandfather »

I believe that evil is nothing more than the absence of good. Just as darkness is the absence of light, cold is the absence of heat. Is pestilence sent from God? Can darkness overpower light? Pestilence comes as a result of distancing from God, perhaps it is God moving and people not following, or perhaps it is people moving away from God.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

Ironman fears God.You bet your life he does. :angel: :angel:
Last edited by branham1965 on Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Re: Satan? God's Ordained Proxy?

Post by luchnia »

Grandfather wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:22 pm

However, the wages of sin is death according to Paul in Romans 6:23, so we are all worthy of death. Do we have a say in how or when that sentence is administered? It is only by His grace and mercy that he does not "pay up" as soon as we commit the act.
It is my opinion that taking that verse out of context to change the meaning is extremely problematic. The wages of sin do not belong to the child of God. The entire chapter is crucial to understanding - also the next two chapters, especially chapter 8.

Certainly, when we were in sin we were worthy of death, yet now we are His and the wages of sin holds us no more as we have the gift of God, eternal life through Jesus Christ (Rom 6:23). Those that are in sin won't see eternal life, but eternal torment, and yes, they will address the wages and the separation from God.

In the very same chapter that Paul talks about ours and his spiritual position, he goes on to talk about his choices as far as his physical body goes. Yes, the saint has more choice power than many even realize even over bodily death. BTW, satan has NO power over the child of God unless he/she allows such by not wearing God's clothing.

Philippians 1:21-25 (KJV)
21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
22 But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not.
23 For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:
24 Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you.
25 And having this confidence, I know that I shall abide and continue with you all for your furtherance and joy of faith;

Word up!