Dake Bible Discussion BoardEntire sanctification

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Entire sanctification

Post by branham1965 »

Why would Paul tell the Hebrews to beware of an evil heart of unbelief departing from the living God if they could not!!!

The Dake Bible and others give profuse examples of believers falling.

Don't get on us because we choose to believe the truth.

ANY CHURCH that teaches that there is no TRINITY,that men save their own souls and keep them,that water saves not the blood of Jesus ,that we ignore Matthew 28:18-20 the words of Jesus is FALSE.

Jude talks of being TWICE DEAD plucked up by the roots.If that is impossible why did he write his book!!!!!

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

branham1965 wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:20 am
Why would Paul tell the Hebrews to beware of an evil heart of unbelief departing from the living God if they could not!!!

The Dake Bible and others give profuse examples of believers falling.

Don't get on us because we choose to believe the truth.

ANY CHURCH that teaches that there is no TRINITY,that men save their own souls and keep them,that water saves not the blood of Jesus ,that we ignore Matthew 28:18-20 the words of Jesus is FALSE.

Jude talks of being TWICE DEAD plucked up by the roots.If that is impossible why did he write his book!!!!!
Not sure who you are replying to, but if it is my post, you may want to re-read it. I never once stated that a saint cannot fall to unbelief. As a matter of fact, many did fall, and even to the point of apostasy and rejecting Jesus. I would hope that you would reply to the post and answer the question I posted to you.

Word up!

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

In my experience that kind of extreme teaching is very very harmful.

People suffer from real problems today -addictions,heartbreak from divorces,and many many other things .

That condemning ,harsh attitude is not right.

LUKE 4:16-19 tell of the REAL ministry of Jesus and believers.It takes the Anointing to break the yoke.

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

branham1965 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:44 am

People suffer from real problems today -addictions,heartbreak from divorces,and many many other things .

LUKE 4:16-19 tell of the REAL ministry of Jesus and believers.It takes the Anointing to break the yoke.
Can you elaborate on what "extreme teaching" you are referring to?

Word up!

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

I was was answering your posts and Phil's.
luchnia wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:01 pm
branham1965 wrote:

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

branham1965 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:18 pm
I was was answering your posts and Phil's.
luchnia wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:01 pm
branham1965 wrote:

I posted God's word concerning the subject and some of what Dake stated about it. I realize you think it extreme and many would consider Dake extreme by Dake basically calling the sinning saint doctrine a doctrine of demons. I know this is an issue that you disagree heavily with Dake on and I respect your right to do so. It is by no means a "condemning attitude". It is an attitude of truth of God.

I realize Jesus was extreme with the sin issue. Jesus actions followed His teachings that He received from The Father. Remember He did the Father's will concerning what He spoke concerning sin and He set us free from sin. Call it extreme or not, it is what He said about it. He simply did not tolerate sin. As He told the prostitute, "Sin not..." and He commanded that without condemnation. It was a command pure and simple. If she did not stop her sin she would condemn herself.

Word up!

Grandfather
Pray for Them which Despitefully Persecute You

Post by Grandfather »

This is where I understand the concept of God not be bound by the dimension of time comes into importance. God can see us as the finished product even though we are currently going through the process. Some scholars refer to this as "now and not yet", some explain it in the difference between justification and sanctification.

I doubt there is anyone on this forum that is at the same point of spiritual growth and maturity they were in a few years ago. I know I am not. Hopefully, over the course of time, they have grown and matured. They have learned some things, they have learned new levels and areas of obedience. They have discovered that God was requiring more from them. They were growing from spiritual babies in Christ, to degrees of maturity. And, since we are still here, no one has arrived at a point of fully mature. You might be the most mature person in the room, but there is still much more we can grow into and learn. I believe this is one of the concerns Paul addressed in 1 Cor 10:12.

So, for what it is worth, God sees me as fully and entirely sanctified, even though you, me, and others, might say I am not there yet.

Hill Top
In My Name Shall They Cast Out Devils

Post by Hill Top »

Grandfather wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:59 pm
So, for what it is worth, God sees me as fully and entirely sanctified, even though you, me, and others, might say I am not there yet.
You seem to think you are going to live for another year or, ten more years...to 'get totally sanctified'.
What if your time ends tomorrow?
Total sanctification starts with the rebirth of a totally sanctified "new creature" from the seed of God.
The only improvement we will see is from the base point of totally sanctified.
Sanctification is the initial condition of the repentant believe: not one we eventually grow into.
Growth in grace and knowledge are added to the initial state of totally sanctified.

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

Hill Top wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:48 pm
Grandfather wrote:
You seem to think you are going to live for another year or, ten more years...to 'get totally sanctified'.
Total sanctification starts with the rebirth of a totally sanctified "new creature" from the seed of God.
Sanctification is the initial condition of the repentant believe: not one we eventually grow into.
Growth in grace and knowledge are added to the initial state of totally sanctified.
Being set apart covers many different facets. Curious why can't certain types of sanctification be a continual process?

Word up!

Grandfather
Pray for Them which Despitefully Persecute You

Post by Grandfather »

Hill Top wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:48 pm
Grandfather wrote:
I’m sorry what gave you the impression that I felt secure in any number of years remaining? My sanctification depends on His work in and through me not my effort alone.