Dake Bible Discussion BoardWho is correct?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Hill Top
He that Believeth Not Shall Be Damned
Posts: 781
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: Who is correct?

Post by Hill Top »

Bible Reader wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:22 am
I am no fan of denominations, but often find a person's objection of a denominational teaching is based on misunderstanding and often a preachers misinterpretation of a denominational doctrine. People hear that preaching and disagree and walk away saying
Denomination X is all wrong. When in fact the preacher they heard was wrong and had corrupted the actual doctrine of the denomination. This happens in often and happens in both denominational and non denominational churches.
If you are going to object of a denominational doctrine make sure you have read that denominations stated doctrine and your objection is not based on what you heard or what you think you heard.
If the people abide by the false preachers doctrines, they are complicit with the preacher.
When false doctrines are presented, one's response should be to rectify the doctrine.
If the preacher won't rescind his opinion, it is time to leave.
On the second part of this discussion yes God will heal a toothache, cancer, any disease or problem we have. But most scripture people stand on to claim this is taken out of context and does not accurately reflect God's given scripture. Again what is written has a snippet taken out of context and many preachers teach it as factual doctrine.
God will indeed heal His people of their maladies, but that wasn't the reason Jesus suffered and died for us.



Bible Reader
Zechariah
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:05 pm

Re: Who is correct?

Post by Bible Reader »

This going off track with a discussion on false teachers. Yes there are false teachers and anyone that abides in false teaching is as wrong as the person doing the teaching. But again that is totally different subject.

My point is most people that object to a denominational teaching most commonly do not know the actual denominational position.
What they heard and object too is often a denominational position that was stated incorrectly or explained incorrectly to them.



Hill Top
He that Believeth Not Shall Be Damned
Posts: 781
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: Who is correct?

Post by Hill Top »

Bible Reader wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:20 pm
This going off track with a discussion on false teachers. Yes there are false teachers and anyone that abides in false teaching is as wrong as the person doing the teaching. But again that is totally different subject.

My point is most people that object to a denominational teaching most commonly do not know the actual denominational position.
What they heard and object too is often a denominational position that was stated incorrectly or explained incorrectly to them.
If they object to it, they must know what it is.
If they don't know the denominations teachings, all they can object to is the preacher's presentation.



Bible Reader
Zechariah
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:05 pm

Re: Who is correct?

Post by Bible Reader »

Hill Top wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:35 pm
Bible Reader wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:20 pm
This going off track with a discussion on false teachers. Yes there are false teachers and anyone that abides in false teaching is as wrong as the person doing the teaching. But again that is totally different subject.

My point is most people that object to a denominational teaching most commonly do not know the actual denominational position.
What they heard and object too is often a denominational position that was stated incorrectly or explained incorrectly to them.
If they object to it, they must know what it is.
If they don't know the denominations teachings, all they can object to is the preacher's presentation.
Or they think they know and object to what they think they know!



Hill Top
He that Believeth Not Shall Be Damned
Posts: 781
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: Who is correct?

Post by Hill Top »

Bible Reader wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:26 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:35 pm
Bible Reader wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:20 pm
This going off track with a discussion on false teachers. Yes there are false teachers and anyone that abides in false teaching is as wrong as the person doing the teaching. But again that is totally different subject.

My point is most people that object to a denominational teaching most commonly do not know the actual denominational position.
What they heard and object too is often a denominational position that was stated incorrectly or explained incorrectly to them.
If they object to it, they must know what it is.
If they don't know the denominations teachings, all they can object to is the preacher's presentation.
Or they think they know and object to what they think they know!
Thanks be to God the true believers receive the gift of the Holy Ghost, so they can know with certainty.



Bible Reader
Zechariah
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:05 pm

Re: Who is correct?

Post by Bible Reader »

Hill Top wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:23 pm
Bible Reader wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:26 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:35 pm
Bible Reader wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:20 pm
This going off track with a discussion on false teachers. Yes there are false teachers and anyone that abides in false teaching is as wrong as the person doing the teaching. But again that is totally different subject.

My point is most people that object to a denominational teaching most commonly do not know the actual denominational position.
What they heard and object too is often a denominational position that was stated incorrectly or explained incorrectly to them.
If they object to it, they must know what it is.
If they don't know the denominations teachings, all they can object to is the preacher's presentation.
Or they think they know and object to what they think they know!
Thanks be to God the true believers receive the gift of the Holy Ghost, so they can know with certainty.
If they seek the leading of the Holy Spirit. Unfortunately many take something heard, assumed, or read as fact and run with it.
Personally I have had people tell me all kinds of teachings they assign to a different denominations that are false. In fact many denominations accused of such and such teaching have in their statement of faith or doctrine statements that deny the very thing people often accuse them of.



Post Reply