Dake Bible Discussion BoardNew creature ?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Hill Top
In My Name Shall They Cast Out Devils

New creature ?

Post by Hill Top »

In my dealings with the Mid-Acts-Dispensationalists, (MADs), it appears they don't believe, as I do, that the "new creature" is the "reborn man".
What do you think?

Bible Reader
Zechariah

Re: New creature ?

Post by Bible Reader »

Hill Top wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:32 pm
In my dealings with the Mid-Acts-Dispensationalists, (MADs), it appears they don't believe, as I do, that the "new creature" is the "reborn man".
What do you think?
When you say new creature what do you mean?
When you say reborn man what do you mean?

How do you think these two definitions are connected or not to Mid Acts Dispensationalism?

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

Bible Reader wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:13 pm
Hill Top wrote:
What do you think?

How do you think these two definitions are connected or not to Mid Acts Dispensationalism?
The new creature is the reborn man.
It is the result of our death with Christ and being raised with Him to walk in newness of life. (Rom 6:3-4)
MADs say they are not.

Bible Reader
Zechariah

Post by Bible Reader »

Hill Top wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:00 pm
Bible Reader wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
What do you think?

It is the result of our death with Christ and being raised with Him to walk in newness of life. (Rom 6:3-4)
MADs say they are not.

I am not talking for Mid Acts Dispensationist but I have never heard any legitimate Christian dispute the New Creation or reborn man
I wonder about the context of the discussion. I also believe there are many that think they are reborn or New Creations that aren't. Matt 7:21-23. Far too many have been told all they need to do is say the sinners prayer and they are good to go. They are taught they are now new Creations, but in fact they aren't they produce no fruit of a New Creation being. They go to church and are most saintly while there but on Monday through Saturday it is game on and they live like they did before they said the sinners prayer. If you are truly reborn there will be a change in the person and everyone will recognize that there is a change.
So can you give us a little of the context of discussion? I can not see how believing in Mid Acts Dispensationalism effects Ones view of being born again.

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

Bible Reader wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2023 6:11 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:00 pm
Bible Reader wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
What do you think?

MADs say they are not.

I am not talking for Mid Acts Dispensationist but I have never heard any legitimate Christian dispute the New Creation or reborn man
I have never heard of anyone opining a difference either, so I am asking here if anyone else has.
I wonder about the context of the discussion. I also believe there are many that think they are reborn or New Creations that aren't. Matt 7:21-23.
I don't recall the context.
And you are correct about what "some" think.
Far too many have been told all they need to do is say the sinners prayer and they are good to go. They are taught they are now new Creations, but in fact they aren't they produce no fruit of a New Creation being. They go to church and are most saintly while there but on Monday through Saturday it is game on and they live like they did before they said the sinners prayer. If you are truly reborn there will be a change in the person and everyone will recognize that there is a change.
True.
So can you give us a little of the context of discussion? I can not see how believing in Mid Acts Dispensationalism effects Ones view of being born again.
I rescanned a lot of past posts on their site and couldn't find the reference. Sorry.
Their POV is that rebirth was just for the Jews, but the Gentile followers of Paul were "saved" just by believing.
Kind of OSAS in nature.
Anything beyond "belief" is labeled a "work" that they must not do.
The whole MAD world is one of dividing Jewish and Gentile believers...even when confronted with Eph 2.
They say that grace wasn't available to anyone until Paul said it was.
And then, just for the Gentiles.
They say the Jews are now under the New Covenant and the Gentiles are under grace.