Dake Bible Discussion BoardIsn't Jesus the Holy Spirit, Too?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Re: Isn't Jesus the Holy Spirit, Too?

Post by Hill Top »

macca wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:32 pm
Stick with what the Holy Spirit says in the Bible Haz, He knows more about God then any man can dream up.
Hill Top and his ilk sing " who you gunna call? Ghost Busters"
What do you suppose the Holy Ghost is?

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

Hill Top wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:36 pm
luchnia wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:42 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:34 pm
Ironman wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:34 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:30 pm
Ironman wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:20 pm
How can HE have no body? If HE has no body He must be an IT.
God and the Word were/are masculine in nature.
I granted that nature to the Spirit too.

If it makes you happier, I will, from hence forth, refer to the Holy Spirit as "It".
Jesus and the Father never sent an IT to the Earth when Jesus left the Earth, they sent the Holy Spirit, a member of the Godhead who has a body soul and a Spirit just like every other living being has.
If a spirit has a body, it is not a spirit.
Where do you come up with this stuff from? You make Paul a liar because he stated, there is a natural body and a spiritual body. I am good with what Paul taught about this subject.
You have forgotten your "context" rule.
Whose bodies is Paul writing of in 1 Cor 15 ?
Resurrected men..."So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body." (1 Cor 15:42-44)
So there is not a spiritual body?

Word up!

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

luchnia wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:43 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:36 pm
luchnia wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:42 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:34 pm
Ironman wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:34 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:30 pm
Ironman wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:20 pm
How can HE have no body? If HE has no body He must be an IT.
God and the Word were/are masculine in nature.
I granted that nature to the Spirit too.

If it makes you happier, I will, from hence forth, refer to the Holy Spirit as "It".
Jesus and the Father never sent an IT to the Earth when Jesus left the Earth, they sent the Holy Spirit, a member of the Godhead who has a body soul and a Spirit just like every other living being has.
If a spirit has a body, it is not a spirit.
Where do you come up with this stuff from? You make Paul a liar because he stated, there is a natural body and a spiritual body. I am good with what Paul taught about this subject.
You have forgotten your "context" rule.
Whose bodies is Paul writing of in 1 Cor 15 ?
Resurrected men..."So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body." (1 Cor 15:42-44)
Do you see no difference between a "spiritual body" and the "body of a spirit"?

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

Hill Top wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:19 pm
luchnia wrote:
That doesn't answer the question.

Word up!

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

luchnia wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:24 pm
Hill Top wrote:
luchnia wrote:
OK, There is a spiritual body, and it will be manifested after the resurrection of the righteous and the unrighteous on the last day.
Do you see the difference between a spiritual body and the body of a spirit?

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Hill Top, why dont you tell us what the difference is between a spiritual body and the body of a spirit?

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

Hill Top wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:00 pm
luchnia wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
luchnia wrote:
OK, There is a spiritual body, and it will be manifested after the resurrection of the righteous and the unrighteous on the last day.
According to Paul the spiritual body was already manifested in Christ, so we have no issue understanding there is a spiritual body. Just because each of our individual spirit bodies currently exist in our fleshly tent, doesn't mean there is not a spiritual body, but Paul gives us confirmation so we are not ignorant of that fact.

As far as the difference between a spiritual body and a body of a spirit it would depend on how the two terms are defined or perceived as the greek describes nouns by word position differently than the English language does. Spiritual body is not as possessive, but more definitive and descriptive whereas body "of a" spirit is more possessive - (at least in the way we understand our word meanings).

You can make a lot about these two things, however since Paul did not allude to a "body of a spirit", but he stated pnematikos soma (spirit body) then what would we gain in our understanding by changing what he said? The greater challenge for understanding body of a spirit are the two words "of a" in your question and re-arranging the two words body and spirit.

Word up!

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

luchnia wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:52 am
Hill Top wrote:
luchnia wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
luchnia wrote:
According to Paul the spiritual body was already manifested in Christ,
Scripture please.
... so we have no issue understanding there is a spiritual body. Just because each of our individual spirit bodies currently exist in our fleshly tent, doesn't mean there is not a spiritual body, but Paul gives us confirmation so we are not ignorant of that fact.
The Spirit in me is not a "physical" item.
As far as the difference between a spiritual body and a body of a spirit it would depend on how the two terms are defined or perceived as the greek describes nouns by word position differently than the English language does. Spiritual body is not as possessive, but more definitive and descriptive whereas body "of a" spirit is more possessive - (at least in the way we understand our word meanings).
I will let you know when I can speak Greek.
For now, I prefer conversations in English.
You can make a lot about these two things, however since Paul did not allude to a "body of a spirit", but he stated pnematikos soma (spirit body) then what would we gain in our understanding by changing what he said? The greater challenge for understanding body of a spirit are the two words "of a" in your question and re-arranging the two words body and spirit.
As your posts seem oblivous to the topic we wese discussing, ie. the difference between a spirit body and the body of a spirit, your efforts are off topic,
Can, or, do spirits have bodies?
I conclude that if they have bodies, they are not spirits.

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

Hill Top wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 2:31 pm
luchnia wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:52 am
Hill Top wrote:
luchnia wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
luchnia wrote:
According to Paul the spiritual body was already manifested in Christ,
Scripture please.
... so we have no issue understanding there is a spiritual body. Just because each of our individual spirit bodies currently exist in our fleshly tent, doesn't mean there is not a spiritual body, but Paul gives us confirmation so we are not ignorant of that fact.
The Spirit in me is not a "physical" item.
I will let you know when I can speak Greek.
For now, I prefer conversations in English.
As your posts seem oblivous to the topic we wese discussing, ie. the difference between a spirit body and the body of a spirit, your efforts are off topic,
Can, or, do spirits have bodies?
I conclude that if they have bodies, they are not spirits.
You completely missed it. Oh well.

Word up!