Dake Bible Discussion BoardIsn't Jesus the Holy Spirit, Too?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Re: Isn't Jesus the Holy Spirit, Too?

Post by Hill Top »

Ironman wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:21 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:36 pm
Ironman wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:05 pm
Quote Hilltop.
"The Spirit is a spirit, with no earthly form."

NOT TRUE.

Angles are spirit beings yet men have entertained them not knowing they were angles. They have earthly form.
Hebrews 13: 2, Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

God is a spirit being and has earthly form. Genesis 1: 26' And God, talking to the Word and the Holy Spirit said, Let US make man in OUR image, after OUR likeness:
God, a spirit being made man after THEIR image and likeness so THEY have earthly form.

Jacob wrestled with God, saw HIM FACE TO FACE, and lived. God has a human form. And so does the Holy Spirit, a member of the Godhead.
Genisis 32:29-30;
29, And Jacob asked him, and said, Tell me, I pray thee, thy name. And he said, Wherefore is it that thou dost ask after my name? And he blessed him there.
30, And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel:9 for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.
The Spirit I am referring to is the Holy Ghost, which is given to the truly repentant.
Unless you are setting a plate out for His supper, He has no body.
Even you stated above, HIS SUPPER. And HE. So HE as the Father and the Word who became flesh have bodies, so does "HE," the Holy Ghost.
I am not inclined to believe spirits have physical form.
I do know, however, that God can manifest a spirit in what ever form He may chose.
Like lamps of fire, or chariots with different colored horses, or frogs.
The Spirit I was given has no form, as He is still a spirit.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

How can HE have no body? If HE has no body He must be an IT.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

Ironman wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:20 pm
God and the Word were/are masculine in nature.
I granted that nature to the Spirit too.

If it makes you happier, I will, from hence forth, refer to the Holy Spirit as "It".

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Hill Top wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:30 pm
Ironman wrote:

If it makes you happier, I will, from hence forth, refer to the Holy Spirit as "It".
Jesus and the Father never sent an IT to the Earth when Jesus left the Earth, they sent the Holy Spirit, a member of the Godhead who has a body soul and a Spirit just like every other living being has.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

Ironman wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:34 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Ironman wrote:

Jesus and the Father never sent an IT to the Earth when Jesus left the Earth, they sent the Holy Spirit, a member of the Godhead who has a body soul and a Spirit just like every other living being has.
If a spirit has a body, it is not a spirit.

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

Hill Top wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:34 pm
Ironman wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
Ironman wrote:

Where do you come up with this stuff from? You make Paul a liar because he stated, there is a natural body and a spiritual body. I am good with what Paul taught about this subject.

Word up!

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

Bibleman, Macca, does the Holy Spirit have a body?

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

Stick with what the Holy Spirit says in the Bible Haz, He knows more about God then any man can dream up.
Hill Top and his ilk sing " who you gunna call? Ghost Busters"

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

macca wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:32 pm
Stick with what the Holy Spirit says in the Bible Haz, He knows more about God then any man can dream up.
Hill Top and his ilk sing " who you gunna call? Ghost Busters"
Onya my mate. :angel:

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

luchnia wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:42 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:34 pm
Ironman wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
Ironman wrote:

Where do you come up with this stuff from? You make Paul a liar because he stated, there is a natural body and a spiritual body. I am good with what Paul taught about this subject.
You have forgotten your "context" rule.
Whose bodies is Paul writing of in 1 Cor 15 ?
Resurrected men..."So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body." (1 Cor 15:42-44)