Dake Bible Discussion BoardJesus on children

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Jesus on children

Post by macca »

This has been discussed before but I believe it's time to say it again.

Matthew. 18:1-6;
At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, "Who then is greatest in the Kingdom of heaven?"
Then Jesus called a little child to Him, and set him in the midst of them,
And said, "Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.
"Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
"Whoever receives one little little child like this in My name receives Me.
"But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to sin, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

Verse 10.
"Take heed that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that in heaven their angels always see the face of My Father who is in heaven.

All little children belong to God.
Jesus did not say " only Jewish children are in the kingdom"
Jesus did say, " Their angels always see the face of My Father who is in heaven.

You will notice Father God has a face and is constantly seen in heaven, while Jesus was on earth constantly seen by those around Him.

edmara464
Genesis

Re: Jesus on children

Post by edmara464 »

I'm so glad you brought up Jesus' words about children. It's so important to remember that He loves all children - not just those of a certain faith or ethnicity. We can't forget that their angels are always seeing the face of God - that's so powerful! At https://firstchurchlove.com, we believe in the power of Jesus' words and how they can transform our lives. We believe that by humbling ourselves as children and receiving them in His name, we can enter the kingdom of heaven. And of course, we should never cause one of these little ones to sin - that's so important! Let's all remember to show our kiddos the love of Jesus and how He cherishes them.