Dake Bible Discussion BoardIN THE BEGINNING.

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Re: IN THE BEGINNING.

Post by luchnia »

Hill Top wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:55 pm
luchnia wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:10 am
patrissimo wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:27 am
The Christian Faith is absolutely unique just as is the Christian conception of God. Why wouldn't the Christian conception of creation and history also be unique? What other system has a young earth? Why shouldn't the teachings of early Christians be taken seriously?
There are Christians that say we have an earth that is billions of years old and some say it is not very old at all and scripture does not say, so we speculate on what we believe the scripture is saying or we ponder science's information to come to some sort of conclusion. There are Christians that believe in the big bang, yet is that true?

Sure we can take the teachings of early Christians seriously, just doesn't mean all they say is true just as we can take science seriously and doesn't mean all science is true. By one's understanding they try to be as accurate as possible, but again doesn't mean it is truth. In like manner, our understanding does not make something truth.
Why would a Christian speculate on the age of the earth?
We have its creation, followed by the life spans of those born of the first man, followed by the names of who those that the first men generated that pertained to the lineage of Jesus.
Which of those do you speculate on?.
Your statement does not make it truth. You speculate that Adam was the first man, but the bible does not say Adam was the first man, nor does it say that Adam was the first human type being. Yes we assume he was, but we have no facts to back that up unless we add something to God's word.

If Adam was the first man (or being of that type), you would need to produce some verses that make such a claim from God's word or it is simply a guess. This again, proves my point perfectly, that it may be so, or it may not be so. Nothing in record states it as matter of fact.

Here is something we do know. Fascinating that God called the name of male and female Adam in the day that they were created: Genesis 5:1-5 (KJV)
1 This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;
2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.
3 And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:
4 And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters:
5 And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.

Word up!

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

luchnia wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:27 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:55 pm
luchnia wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:10 am
patrissimo wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:27 am
The Christian Faith is absolutely unique just as is the Christian conception of God. Why wouldn't the Christian conception of creation and history also be unique? What other system has a young earth? Why shouldn't the teachings of early Christians be taken seriously?
There are Christians that say we have an earth that is billions of years old and some say it is not very old at all and scripture does not say, so we speculate on what we believe the scripture is saying or we ponder science's information to come to some sort of conclusion. There are Christians that believe in the big bang, yet is that true?

Sure we can take the teachings of early Christians seriously, just doesn't mean all they say is true just as we can take science seriously and doesn't mean all science is true. By one's understanding they try to be as accurate as possible, but again doesn't mean it is truth. In like manner, our understanding does not make something truth.
Why would a Christian speculate on the age of the earth?
We have its creation, followed by the life spans of those born of the first man, followed by the names of who those that the first men generated that pertained to the lineage of Jesus.
Which of those do you speculate on?.
Your statement does not make it truth. You speculate that Adam was the first man, but the bible does not say Adam was the first man, nor does it say that Adam was the first human type being. Yes we assume he was, but we have no facts to back that up unless we add something to God's word.
There is no speculating about it, as it is written that God made man on the sixth day. (Gen 1:26)
It does not say "God made man again".
If Adam was the first man (or being of that type), you would need to produce some verses that make such a claim from God's word or it is simply a guess. This again, proves my point perfectly, that it may be so, or it may not be so. Nothing in record states it as matter of fact.
See above.

Here is something we do know. Fascinating that God called the name of male and female Adam in the day that they were created: Genesis 5:1-5 (KJV)
1 This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;
2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.
3 And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:
4 And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters:
5 And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.
[/quote]
Funny how you glossed over the ""In the day that God created man," (Gen 1:26)
That would be the sixth day.
And, it dates the first nine hundred and thirty years and six days, of the earth.

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

Hill Top wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:48 pm
I did not "gloss over" any verses and why would I do that? I have nothing to prove to anyone by doing such. You may be using the wrong verse to support a claim as my Bible does not state "In the day..." or in any day, but it states in verse 26 - Genesis 1:26 (KJV)
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

I guess you are referring to verse Gen 5:2, but not sure as there are some verses that state "In the day...". Can you find any verses that states man was created on the 6th day, or exactly what day man was created on, that you could share with us? I have never found any that make such a statement. Not implying Adam was not created on the 6th day, or not, just don't know any verses that makes such a claim. What I do know is there was a day, or time period, "in the day" that God created man.

Word up!

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

luchnia wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:25 am
Hill Top wrote:
I did not "gloss over" any verses and why would I do that?
Perhaps to make the point that Adam's creation wasn't the first man.
I have nothing to prove to anyone by doing such. You may be using the wrong verse to support a claim as my Bible does not state "In the day..." or in any day, but it states in verse 26 - Genesis 1:26 (KJV)
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
Further into the verses we have..." And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day." (Gen 1:31)
I guess you are referring to verse Gen 5:2, but not sure as there are some verses that state "In the day...". Can you find any verses that states man was created on the 6th day, or exactly what day man was created on, that you could share with us? I have never found any that make such a statement. Not implying Adam was not created on the 6th day, or not, just don't know any verses that makes such a claim. What I do know is there was a day, or time period, "in the day" that God created man.
It is written..."And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day." (Gen 1:31)

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

Hill Top wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:52 pm
luchnia wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
I have nothing to prove to anyone by doing such. You may be using the wrong verse to support a claim as my Bible does not state "In the day..." or in any day, but it states in verse 26 - Genesis 1:26 (KJV)
Further into the verses we have..." And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day." (Gen 1:31)
It is written..."And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day." (Gen 1:31)
So then it doesn't say what you inferred it to say and that is fine with me. You could have simply stated that you perceived it to mean this or that and that would suffice.

Word up!

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

luchnia wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:38 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:52 pm
luchnia wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
So then it doesn't say what you inferred it to say and that is fine with me. You could have simply stated that you perceived it to mean this or that and that would suffice.
You should have addressed that post to yourself.

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

Hill Top wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:00 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Why? I never stated anything as matter of fact. I merely pointed out it could be either way since it does not state.

Word up!

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

luchnia wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:54 am
Hill Top wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
Why? I never stated anything as matter of fact. I merely pointed out it could be either way since it does not state.
You are "hooked on alternatives".

patrissimo
Having Conquered All, Stand, Ready to Do Battle Again

Post by patrissimo »

I Cor. 15 is not talking about God when it refers to bodies.

Lord have mercy