Dake Bible Discussion BoardJesus Taught Reconversion If One Sins

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
dolph
Psalms

Jesus Taught Reconversion If One Sins

Post by dolph »

Sin is far more serious than most realize. Every time one sins he submits to Satin as his master and should be reconverted or born again again. Read GPFM, C.23. I take my hat off to Hilltop who has learned to be led by the Spirit of God and therefore is a child of God, Rom.8:14.

To enter into God's family and be a joint heir with Christ is not to be taken lightly and this Laodicean Church for the most part is wrongly offering salvation at a ridiculously low price.

It is my understanding that most Baptists believe "once saved, always saved" which is totally off the charts imho. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I believe Pastor John Hagee and son teach this.

Dake teaches one loses his/her salvation as soon as they submit to Satan's temptation and most be born again. But what about 1John 1:9, confessing your sin and repenting of it to our High Priest Jesus?? Is this equivalent to being born again??

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Re: Jesus Taught Reconversion If One Sins

Post by macca »

Great subject Dolph :angel:

dolph
Psalms

Post by dolph »

In Dake's chapter on sin he doesn't mention 1John 1:8-9. I have always thought that if we sin we can return to good standing by confessing our sins to Jesus and repenting of those sins in Jesus' name. Any opinions?

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

dolph wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:47 pm
In Dake's chapter on sin he doesn't mention 1John 1:8-9. I have always thought that if we sin we can return to good standing by confessing our sins to Jesus and repenting of those sins in Jesus' name. Any opinions?
Peter backslid, Jesus predicted Peters backsliding and RE-CONVERSION (Luke 22:31-34). Peter was a saved man who lost his salvation, repented and was re-converted.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

dolph
Psalms

Post by dolph »

I would like to hear from Hilltop.

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

dolph wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:05 am
I would like to hear from Hilltop.
Hi, Dolph.
As far as I am concerned, when a man sins. it manifests he wasn't a born again man.
It is written..." And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him." (1 John 3:5-6)
The born again have been baptized into Christ.
We abide "in Him", so there can be no sin in us.
John continues..."He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother." (1 John 3:8-10)
Sin is the determinant of whom is, or is not, "in Christ".
Until a man's repentance from sin is shown to be true, (that manifested by a life without sinning), it is superfluous to call them Christians.
Sinners don't abide in Christ.

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

dolph wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:47 pm
If we sin, we are not in good standing.
If we sin it is manifest that we have not repented of sin.
If we sin it shows we walk in the flesh instead of in he Spirit.
It is written..."24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts." (Gal 5:24)
If we in/are walking after the flesh, we are not Christ's.

dolph
Psalms

Post by dolph »

Thanks Hilltop for your wise answer. What about 1John 1:9? Dake's note P, in his study Bible he says, "If we do one thing- confess our sins, God will do four things: (1) Be faithful to us; (2) Be just to us; (3) Forgive us our sins; (4) Cleanse us of all unrighteousness." I have lived by that my 43 year Christian life.

I don't know if you have a copy of Dake's God's Plan For Man, but I didn't see him make one reference to this verse which is a little disconcerting. He repeatedly does say that when you sin you must be born again because you have yielded to Satan and denied God. Maybe I'm making too fine a point of it. It may only take an extra sentence or two after repenting and confessing a sin to say, Jesus I make you my Lord and Savior. What say you.

Let me add Dake's chapter on sin, Lesson 23, is very, very interesting and something I have never heard in church. Here are a few excerpts I have made part of my life:

1. Sin and Satan, like God and righteousness are ever present and the saved man will be tempted. But sin will never be experienced again in a believer IF he will always yield to God instead of the Devil and live and walk in the Spirit, p.433.

2. There are two ways to live: Obedience to the Law of Sin and Death, led by Satan, or, Obedience to the Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus, led by Christ Jesus.

3.We all know sin is transgression of the law but Dake adds, Sin is the spirit and nature of the devil working in the sons of disobedience; sin is a real person, apart from man and God.

One of my favorite scriptures is Romans 8:14: "For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God".

When one understands that salvation includes receiving God's divine nature and being a "joint heir with Christ", one can then understand why God has such a high standard for receiving sonship.

I would very much to hear your comments on all this when you find time, In Christ, Dolph

dolph
Psalms

Post by dolph »

Thank you Ironman and Macca for your friendly comments.

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

Hill Top
Luke.22:31-34;
And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan has desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat.
But I have prayed for you, that your faith will not fail: and when you are converted, strengthen your brethren.
And Peter said to Jesus, Lord I am ready to go with you, both to prison, and to death.
And Jesus said, I tell you Peter, the cock shall not crow this day, before you shall three times DENY that you know me.

Matt. 10:33;
But whosoever shall DENY me before men, him will I also DENY before my Father who is in heaven.