Dake Bible Discussion BoardGod provides a covering for us.

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

God provides a covering for us.

Post by Ironman »

Just as in Genesis 3 God provided a covering for Adam and Eve, God in His mercy provides a covering for all those who come to Him in repentance and faith: “I delight greatly in the LORD; my soul rejoices in my God. For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of his righteousness” (Isaiah 61:10; cf. Ezekiel 16:8). In heaven the shame of our nakedness and the disgrace of our sin will be covered with “fine linen, bright and clean” (Revelation 19:8).

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Re: God provides a covering for us.

Post by Hill Top »

Ironman wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:14 pm
Just as in Genesis 3 God provided a covering for Adam and Eve, God in His mercy provides a covering for all those who come to Him in repentance and faith: “I delight greatly in the LORD; my soul rejoices in my God. For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of his righteousness” (Isaiah 61:10; cf. Ezekiel 16:8). In heaven the shame of our nakedness and the disgrace of our sin will be covered with “fine linen, bright and clean” (Revelation 19:8).
Please remember that these wonderful OT scriptures were addressed to OT folks.
I am sure the comfort they offered was much appreciated by men who couldn't walk in he Sprit, like NT men can.
But now, we have been given our regenerated bodies, the temple of the Holy Ghost, to walk in.
Our past sins have been remitted by the blood of Christ, so there is nothing for us to be ashamed about.
Nakedness?
I feel this pertains to the minds of those who could not "cease from sin", in the OT only.

Personally, as a NT man, God is free to see whatever I have or am.
It is written..."For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.
21 What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.
22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life." (Rom 6:20-22)
Thanks be to God, we can now live without shame...or fear.