Dake Bible Discussion BoardQuestion: Men virgins???

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Re: Question: Men virgins???

Post by Hill Top »

bibleman wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:43 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:36 pm
bibleman wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:24 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:50 pm
bibleman wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:48 pm
Below are all 22 times "virgins" are spoke of in the Bible.

How many of these times (with the EXEPTION of Rev 14:4) does the text refer to Men?
Revelation 14:4 (KJV) These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.
None.
I am glad, however, that the Rev 14:4 does speak of men as virgins, as it encourages some men to maintain their holy ways.
I feel that the Matt 19:12 verse by Jesus refers to virgin men as eunuchs.
"For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it." (Matt 19:12)
How do you know the 10 virgins here are speaking of women?
Some have a pronoun making it obvious, some I can tell by the context, and others could, I suppose, be either men or women.
But as your intention is to make every reference to virgins indicate female virgins, I figured you would not include any that did refer to men as virgins.
Was I wrong?
Matthew 25:1 (KJV) Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
This verse is definitely about female virgins, as by context, no man would have a bridegroom.
If they were gay they could have had a bridegroom!
I'm not too sure of how that would have gone over in OT Jerusalem. :crazyeyes: