Dake Bible Discussion BoardMisappropriation of the Word of God.

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Misappropriation of the Word of God.

Post by macca »

Now I have been guilty of this in the past as a young Christian slumbering my way through the minefield of diverse teachings as I sought the truth about God and my Lord and savour Jesus Christ.

During this early time in my journey I discovered Finis Jennings Dake, Kenneth e hagin, Jimmy Swaggart and Kenneth Copeland, all Americans, I could not find any Australian preachers or Teachers that excited my spirit as these men did.

Jimmy fell in 1988 and shocked me to my core.
But the biggest shock was to come a few years latter when I heard Copeland state " you don't have a God in you, you are one" .
I watched him on TV state this from the bible.
Phillipians.2:5; "Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God".

Copeland slamed the bible shut and said, there it is we are equal with God.
That is a misappropriation of scripture of the most dangerous order and I tried to warn others of the dangers of believing and following Copeland in this.
Some could see clearly the danger and others agreed with Copeland which shocked me.

About 2 weeks ago while flicking the chanells on the TV, the Word of Victory broadcast was on so, I decided to watch for a while.
Ken talked for a time then his son in law came on and stated that Jesus was the only begotten of the Father but then He became the first begotten, meaning we are begotten like Jesus.
Clearly they still believe that they equal with Jesus as God and not a man anointed by the Holy Spirit to represent Jesus on this Earth.
They misappropriated Rev.1:5; the first born from the dead:
The Greek, Protos.
Making Protos equal with Monogenes, only begotten, which John uses to describe Jesus in John. 1:14, 18;
3:16,18; 1John. 4:9;
And Paul uses in Hebrews. 11:17;
All that believe this are in a deep ditch which will lead to destruction.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Re: Misappropriation of the Word of God.

Post by Ironman »

AMEN :angel:

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

macca wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:29 pm
Now I have been guilty of this in the past as a young Christian slumbering my way through the minefield of diverse teachings as I sought the truth about God and my Lord and savour Jesus Christ.

During this early time in my journey I discovered Finis Jennings Dake, Kenneth e hagin, Jimmy Swaggart and Kenneth Copeland, all Americans, I could not find any Australian preachers or Teachers that excited my spirit as these men did.

Jimmy fell in 1988 and shocked me to my core.
But the biggest shock was to come a few years latter when I heard Copeland state " you don't have a God in you, you are one" .
I watched him on TV state this from the bible.
Phillipians.2:5; "Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God".

Copeland slamed the bible shut and said, there it is we are equal with God.
That is a misappropriation of scripture of the most dangerous order and I tried to warn others of the dangers of believing and following Copeland in this.
Some could see clearly the danger and others agreed with Copeland which shocked me.

About 2 weeks ago while flicking the chanells on the TV, the Word of Victory broadcast was on so, I decided to watch for a while.
Ken talked for a time then his son in law came on and stated that Jesus was the only begotten of the Father but then He became the first begotten, meaning we are begotten like Jesus.
Clearly they still believe that they equal with Jesus as God and not a man anointed by the Holy Spirit to represent Jesus on this Earth.
They misappropriated Rev.1:5; the first born from the dead:
The Greek, Protos.
Making Protos equal with Monogenes, only begotten, which John uses to describe Jesus in John. 1:14, 18;
3:16,18; 1John. 4:9;
And Paul uses in Hebrews. 11:17;
All that believe this are in a deep ditch which will lead to destruction.
I'm glad you were able to sort that stuff out, to the glory of God.
Myself, I can hardly watch TV "preachers" for more than a few minutes before their true intent is revealed.
And it isn't good.
Do your bible studies without the influences of outside people who cannot verify their own conversions.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Amen Macca. :angel:

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

On the Copeland and Hagin (agreements/disagreements)... I have several friends that are really into that.

But as I see it... they both taught about the same thing that Kenyon taught. A few differences and nuisances here and there of course.

The difference seems to be Hagin is regarded as a fatherly type older statesman of the Word of Faith, and his message is easily received by those who relate to that type of ministry..

Copeland is looked at as a young whipper snapper with a great deal of boldness in speech (some of which he has regretted over the years), and his message is sometimes rejected by those who don't like the brashness that they see coming across from a younger version of Hagin who died at the age of 86 (86 years, 0 months, 30 days).

But remember Copeland is now 85 (85 years, 6 months, 14 days) and has consistently lived the faith message. Not without some human error along the way of course.

BOTH Hagin and Copeland have blessed my life more that words can say. Yes Copeland has said we are gods. But I also know Copeland to bow his knee to the Lord Jesus and in "reality" never would raise himself to the level of the Lord Jesus, much less God Himself.

And Hagin teaches we are Christ... But again I also know that Hagin would never think of himself as equal to Christ, but also bow his knee to the Lord Jesus and worship him as well as the Father as the GREATER ones.

Remember, one statement in a book or one clip on a tape never tells the whole story.

Anyway... Just my 2 cents worth, if it is even worth that.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note