Dake Bible Discussion BoardThe Earth Divided?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
frenchie
Wrestle Against Principalities

The Earth Divided?

Post by frenchie »

Hi!
Please tell me. In the time of Peleg the earth was divided. I tought this hapened after the tower of Babel and after the confusion of languages and the dispersion of the people over the land.
Were Jacob and Esau born before or after Nimrod. The Begining of the nations seems To start with them ( You have Two nations in your belly. One was red other was'nt...)
What i'm trying To figure is where the différents nations moved To their own continents and Islands with the dividing of the earth after the tower of Babel?
Thanks

bibleman
Administrator

Re: The Earth Divided?

Post by bibleman »

frenchie wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:59 am
Hi!
Please tell me. In the time of Peleg the earth was divided. I tought this hapened after the tower of Babel and after the confusion of languages and the dispersion of the people over the land.
Were Jacob and Esau born before or after Nimrod. The Begining of the nations seems To start with them ( You have Two nations in your belly. One was red other was'nt...)
What i'm trying To figure is where the différents nations moved To their own continents and Islands with the dividing of the earth after the tower of Babel?
Thanks
Yes the earth was divided in Peleg's day according to Gen 10:25.

Genesis 10:25 And unto Eber were born two sons: the name of one was Peleg; for in his days was the earth divided; and his brother's name was Joktan.

And yes Dake says this happened at the tower of Babel judgment.
b [for in his days was the earth divided] This explains Peleg (HSN-<H6389>). In his days the earth was divided into continents and islands, after the various nations were scattered abroad on all the one land at the time of the divine judgment of Gen. 11:1-9. Finis Jennings Dake, Dake's Annotated Reference Bible: Containing the Old and New Testaments of the Authorized or King James Version Text, (Lawrenceville, GA: Dake Bible Sales, Inc., 1997), WORDsearch CROSS e-book, Under: "Chapter 10".
And yes again, Jacob and Esau would have been born AFTER this time. Thus two different nations (races) of people were born.

As to the time of the moving and dividing of the nations Scripture tells us TWO things God did.

Genesis 11:9 Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the LORD scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.

God BOTH 1) confounded the languages and 2) scattered the people abroad upon the face of all the earth.

Genesis 11:9 (ESV) "from there the LORD dispersed them over the face of all the earth."

SO YES we have Scriptural reason to believe that the dividing of the Earth took place just before the scattering of the people upon all the earth.

Just me here... I believe that God divided the earth into continents (with the people on them) so to speak.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

frenchie

Post by frenchie »

Thank you! bibleman.
One thing is'nt clear to me. I tought that the begining of the diferent nations was in the time of Isaac and Jacob and that It was never seen before since God had to tell Rebeca that nothing was wrong so she woud'nt freakout at the birth of her sons.
So, if the dividing of the earth was before Babel, how could the diferent nations,colors and tongues be on earth if Jacob and Essau lived after the time of Babel?
Ps. I also believe that God divided the earth into continents (with the people on them) and that's how the chinese whent to China, africans to Africa and so on.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

frenchie wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:33 pm
Thank you! bibleman.
One thing is'nt clear to me. I tought that the begining of the diferent nations was in the time of Isaac and Jacob and that It was never seen before since God had to tell Rebeca that nothing was wrong so she woud'nt freakout at the birth of her sons.
So, if the dividing of the earth was before Babel, how could the diferent nations,colors and tongues be on earth if Jacob and Essau lived after the time of Babel?
Ps. I also believe that God divided the earth into continents (with the people on them) and that's how the chinese whent to China, africans to Africa and so on.
I had typed a detailed response to your questions above... But somehow it seems it disappeared!

But I just read this tonight, thought it might help you in your studies.
In Gen. 11:1-9 we learn that God sent confusion of tongues upon men and scattered them abroad on the face of the Earth. This was the first judgment upon men in this age for failure to carry out the divine will and purpose. God by doing this, broke up the united effort of men in their rebellion against Him, and fulfilled His original purpose of causing men to spread abroad in the Earth. The second judgment in this period was in the days of Peleg, who died 340 years after the flood. This judgment was the division of the Earth into islands and continents, as already explained in Supplement One, Question 10.

This dividing the Earth into continents took place after the confusion of tongues and the scattering of men abroad upon the face of the Earth (Gen. 11:9). Before this the whole race of men were of one language and were centralized in one place on the Earth (Gen. 11:1). After they were scattered abroad on the Earth the continents were divided; this explains how different branches of the race are found on the various continents and islands of the vast oceans. One can take a map of the world and take the Atlantic Ocean out, and the eastern part of the two Americas and the western part of Europe and Africa will fit perfectly together. Just when during the life of Peleg the Earth was divided is not known, and this does not matter. The fact is that it was done in his days, and this explains how the Indians got over to the Americas and how other men got on various parts of the divided Earth.
Finis J. Dake, God's Plan for Man, (Lawrenceville, GA: Dake Publishing, Inc., 2004), WORDsearch CROSS e-book, 232.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

frenchie

Post by frenchie »

bibleman wrote:

''But I just read this tonight, thought it might help you in your studies.''

Yes indeed Mr. Bible.
My misconception was to think that the apearance of the different colors and nations began in the time of Isaac and Jacob. I was wrong about the chronology of these events
The fact that God told Rebeca that she bared two nations in her does'nt prove necessary that it never hapen before.
Ps. According to wikipedia:
Peleg born in 2247 Bc.
Esau born in 1858 Bc.

Thank's again!