Dake Bible Discussion BoardThe eternal sonship heresy!

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
patrissimo
Having Conquered All, Stand, Ready to Do Battle Again

Re: The eternal sonship heresy!

Post by patrissimo »

luchnia wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:04 pm
patrissimo wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:35 pm
You all are forcing me to do my homework...which is a good thing! Here is what St. Ignatius of Antioch said in ca. 105 AD.

"Jesus Christ was with the Father before the ages, and in the end, He was revealed."

Here is an early martyr who probably knew St. John the Evangelist personally. Where did he get this?
So Jesus was born before He was born? Very baroque concept.
Yes. A very Christian concept - always was. We believe in two Nativities: One according to Divinity and one according to humanity.

Lord have mercy

patrissimo

Post by patrissimo »

"By this hath the charity of God appeared towards us, because God hath sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we may live by him." - I Jn. 4:9

Lord have mercy

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

patrissimo wrote:
You all are forcing me to do my homework...which is a good thing! Here is what St. Ignatius of Antioch said in ca. 105 AD.

"Jesus Christ was with the Father before the ages, and in the end, He was revealed."

Here is an early martyr who probably knew St. John the Evangelist personally. Where did he get this?
God couldn't be a Father before Jesus was conceived.
I'ld be more interested in whether or not Ignatius preached that man can live without sinning.
Last edited by Hill Top on Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

patrissimo wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:46 pm
luchnia wrote:
patrissimo wrote:

Yes. A very Christian concept - always was. We believe in two Nativities: One according to Divinity and one according to humanity.
Mind telling us who is "we"?

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

patrissimo wrote:
luchnia wrote:
patrissimo wrote:

The challenge is that it is not a Christian concept, but another doctrine of deceit. It never ceases to amaze how many false doctrines are out there these days. Just when one thinks they have seen them all another one like this pops up.

Wisdom would clean the slate of all falsehoods such as "Two Nativities" that get in the way of God's word and stay in God's word alone for His truth that brings understanding from above.

Word up!

patrissimo

Post by patrissimo »

Hill Top wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:30 pm
patrissimo wrote:
luchnia wrote:
patrissimo wrote:

I meant we who hold to the more orthodox position.

Lord have mercy

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

patrissimo wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:58 am
Hill Top wrote:
patrissimo wrote:
luchnia wrote:
patrissimo wrote:

I interpret the "we" as people who are from places we are not!"

It is an "unknowable" we.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

patrissimo wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
patrissimo wrote:
luchnia wrote:
patrissimo wrote:

Whose orthodoxy?

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

bibleman wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:21 pm
patrissimo wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
patrissimo wrote:
luchnia wrote:
patrissimo wrote:

You should have stuck with the context.
I was trying to figure out who believes in two nativities/births of Christ.
I feel one time was sufficient.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Hill Top wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:29 pm
bibleman wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:21 pm
patrissimo wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
patrissimo wrote:
luchnia wrote:
patrissimo wrote:

You should have stuck with the context.
I was trying to figure out who believes in two nativities/births of Christ.
I feel one time was sufficient.
I was just trying to torment patrissimo a little bit using the same kind of goofy :silly: language that he uses in his responses.

I guess I should have made that clear.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note