Dake Bible Discussion BoardIf God does NOT have a body then how did he sit, wear clothes and have hair on His head?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
patrissimo
Having Conquered All, Stand, Ready to Do Battle Again

Re: If God does NOT have a body then how did he sit, wear clothes and have hair on His head?

Post by patrissimo »

bibleman wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:39 pm
patrissimo wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:13 am
luchnia wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:53 am
patrissimo wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:33 am
The reason Catholics or Orthodox or even traditional Protestants do not accept the idea that God is corporeal because such is not true Apostolic doctrine. The Church fathers are unanimous against this idea which was called extremely stupid ("stultissima") by St. Jerome. Relatively few in Christian history even professed such things. There is a story in the Conferences of St. John Cassian about a monk who believed his whole life that God had a body and was very shaken when he learned he was in error. God is that than which nothing greater can be conceived. Anything that is a body can be conceived of as greater. If it is a certain size, it can be conceived of as having greater size. If it is made of mud, it can be conceived of as being made of gold.
This is good enough for me to know that God has a body to behold even in His glorious state. Let God's word be true no matter what men conjure up:
Exodus 33:18-23 (KJV)
18 And he said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory.
19 And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.
20 And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
21 And the LORD said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock:
22 And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by:
23 And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.
How do you know your interpretation is the author's intended meaning?
Exodus 33:23 And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.

Did God lie to Moses when HE told him that he would see his "back parts" ???
"And whilst they were at supper, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and broke: and gave to his disciples, and said: Take ye, and eat. This is my body." Matt. 26:26

Was the Lord lying when He called the bread His body?

Lord have mercy

bibleman
Administrator

Re: If God does NOT have a body then how did he sit, wear clothes and have hair on His head?

Post by bibleman »

patrissimo wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:17 pm
bibleman wrote:
patrissimo wrote:
luchnia wrote:
patrissimo wrote:
The reason Catholics or Orthodox or even traditional Protestants do not accept the idea that God is corporeal because such is not true Apostolic doctrine. The Church fathers are unanimous against this idea which was called extremely stupid ("stultissima") by St. Jerome. Relatively few in Christian history even professed such things. There is a story in the Conferences of St. John Cassian about a monk who believed his whole life that God had a body and was very shaken when he learned he was in error. God is that than which nothing greater can be conceived. Anything that is a body can be conceived of as greater. If it is a certain size, it can be conceived of as having greater size. If it is made of mud, it can be conceived of as being made of gold.
This is good enough for me to know that God has a body to behold even in His glorious state. Let God's word be true no matter what men conjure up:
19 And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.
20 And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
21 And the LORD said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock:
22 And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by:
23 And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.
Exodus 33:23 And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.

"And whilst they were at supper, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and broke: and gave to his disciples, and said: Take ye, and eat. This is my body." Matt. 26:26

What does that have to do with you NOT believing the words of God spoken directly to Moses concerning his "backparts" ???

Why would God want to lie about something he did NOT have?

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

patrissimo

Post by patrissimo »

bibleman wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:29 pm
patrissimo wrote:
bibleman wrote:
patrissimo wrote:
luchnia wrote:
patrissimo wrote:

What does that have to do with you NOT believing the words of God spoken directly to Moses concerning his "backparts" ???

It has everything to do with it. Here is one of many examples of where Christ says it is His body but you say it is otherwise. Is He lying? I think you are being arbitrary and inconsistent.

I could give many other examples.

"Then Jesus said to them: Amen, amen I say unto you: Except you eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, you shall not have life in you. He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath everlasting life: and I will raise him up in the last day. For my flesh is meat indeed: and my blood is drink indeed. [57] He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, abideth in me, and I in him." - Jn. 6:54-56

Do you eat Christ's flesh as He commanded?

"Then Josue spoke to the Lord, in the day that he delivered the Amorrhite in the sight of the children of Israel, and he said before them: Move not, O sun, toward Gabaon, nor thou, O moon, toward the valley of Ajalon. And the sun and the moon stood still, till the people revenged themselves of their enemies. Is not this written in the book of the just? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down the space of one day. There was not before nor after so long a day, the Lord obeying the voice of a man, and fighting for Israel." -Josh. 10:12-14

The Scripture says the sun and moon stopped moving but Dake says it was actually the earth which stopped moving. Was God lying?

Lord have mercy

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Many men have seen God with the eyes (Gen. 18:2, 33; 32:24-30; Ex. 24:10; 33:11; Josh. 5:13; Isa. 6; Ez. 1:26-28; Dan. 7:9-14; 10:5-6; Acts 7:56-59; Rev. 4:2-5; 5:1-7).

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

patrissimo wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:36 pm
bibleman wrote:
patrissimo wrote:
bibleman wrote:
patrissimo wrote:
luchnia wrote:
patrissimo wrote:

It has everything to do with it. Here is one of many examples of where Christ says it is His body but you say it is otherwise. Is He lying? I think you are being arbitrary and inconsistent.

"Then Jesus said to them: Amen, amen I say unto you: Except you eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, you shall not have life in you. He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath everlasting life: and I will raise him up in the last day. For my flesh is meat indeed: and my blood is drink indeed. [57] He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, abideth in me, and I in him." - Jn. 6:54-56

"Then Josue spoke to the Lord, in the day that he delivered the Amorrhite in the sight of the children of Israel, and he said before them: Move not, O sun, toward Gabaon, nor thou, O moon, toward the valley of Ajalon. And the sun and the moon stood still, till the people revenged themselves of their enemies. Is not this written in the book of the just? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down the space of one day. There was not before nor after so long a day, the Lord obeying the voice of a man, and fighting for Israel." -Josh. 10:12-14

The Scripture says the sun and moon stopped moving but Dake says it was actually the earth which stopped moving. Was God lying?
God said that Moses could see His "backparts."

So in order to see them He must have had them.

Why do you believe that God is a liar?

God bless
Leon Bible

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

bibleman wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:32 pm
patrissimo wrote:
bibleman wrote:
patrissimo wrote:
bibleman wrote:
patrissimo wrote:
luchnia wrote:

Because he has been brain washed by the Catholic Church. I once believed as he does, having been raised in the Catholic church, catholic schools, and high schools. Praise God I got out of there, purchased a Bible and began to study God's Word for myself. What an eye opener that was.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Ironman wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:40 pm
bibleman wrote:
patrissimo wrote:
bibleman wrote:
patrissimo wrote:
bibleman wrote:
patrissimo wrote:

Because he has been brain washed by the Catholic Church. I once believed as he does, having been raised in the Catholic church, catholic schools, and high schools. Praise God I got out of there, purchased a Bible and began to study God's Word for myself. What an eye opener that was.
Well that explains a lot of things. Like why he knows nothing about the Bible and constantly appeals to man's writings.

Glad you got out of that mess!

God bless
Leon Bible

patrissimo

Post by patrissimo »

Ironman wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:40 pm
bibleman wrote:
patrissimo wrote:
bibleman wrote:
patrissimo wrote:
bibleman wrote:
patrissimo wrote:

And I once believed as you do. Studying the Bible for myself lead me to where I am. Prior to that I was foolishly listening to false teachers.

When you were in Catholic school, did they teach you evolution? Did they teach you that most people were going to heaven except for perhaps really bad men like Hitler?

Lord have mercy

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

bibleman wrote:
patrissimo wrote:
luchnia wrote:
patrissimo wrote:

patrissimo, Since God as you say, does NOT have back parts... Does that also mean that the book that God was holding with His HAND does not have a "backside" ???

Revelation 5:1 And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.

God bless
Leon Bible