Dake Bible Discussion BoardClarence Larkin

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Clarence Larkin

Post by macca »

Received 'The Spirit World' by Clarence Larkin and what I have read so far is very good.
He was a great Bible scholar for sure.

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Re: Clarence Larkin

Post by luchnia »

Back in the day I read most everything I could find of Larkin as I was intrigued by his concepts, but IMO he was off more than he was on. It was enriching and nice to have as part of my previous studies though. Hope you enjoy it. As you study it maybe post some things you find interesting and thought provoking.

Word up!

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

macca wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:10 am
Received 'The Spirit World' by Clarence Larkin and what I have read so far is very good.
He was a great Bible scholar for sure.
I Love Larkin!

Remember he was Baptist and as such he didn't understand the baptism in the Holy Spirit and speaking in tongues.
Another of the "Signs of the Times" is the revival of what is called the "GIFT OF TONGUES, " in which the recipient claims that he is taken possession of by the "Spirit of God" and empowered to speak in an "unknown" or "foreign tongue." But the conduct of those thus possessed, in which they fall to the ground and writhe in contortions, causing disarrangement of the clothing and disgraceful scenes, is more a characteristic of "demon possession, " than a work of the Holy Spirit, for the Holy Spirit does not lend Himself to such vile impersonations.
From what has been said we see that we are living in "Perilous Times, " and that all about us are "Seducing Spirits, " and that they will become more active as the Dispensation draws to its close, and that we must exert the greatest care lest we be led astray by them. Dispensational Truth, Clarence Larkin, Chapter 15
But other than that, (and a few other things) Larkin will mesh with Dake better than any other writer.

In fact get a Dake Bible and all of Dake's books, the Companion Bible, and all of Larkin's books and you will have the three collections that will give a person the best Biblical foundation available to man today.

And, Larkin has an excellent illustration on the three part man. I used that along with Dake and Watchman Nee to create my chart on the three part man.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

macca

Re: Larkin: Explaining the Trinity

Post by macca »

Clarence Larkin has a problem explaining the GODHEAD like most Christians .
If Christians would just believe what God has said about Himself and about Jesus and the Holy Spirit, and stop listening to what man says about God all will be clear.
The word of God has all the answers but most will not take the time to study it for themselves.

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

macca wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:23 am
Clarence Larkin has a problem explaining the GODHEAD like most Christians .
If Christians would just believe what God has said about Himself and about Jesus and the Holy Spirit, and stop listening to what man says about God all will be clear.
The word of God has all the answers but most will not take the time to study it for themselves.
You are in essence saying that Larkin doesn't believe what God has had written.

macca

Post by macca »

I will give you hilltop the best bit of advice you will ever get.

Take the bible literally wherein it is at all possible;
If symbolic, figurative or typical language is used,
Then look for the literal truth it intends to convey.

That is a quote from that great bible scholar Finis Jennings Dake.

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

macca wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:55 am
I will give you hilltop the best bit of advice you will ever get.

Take the bible literally wherein it is at all possible;
If symbolic, figurative or typical language is used,
Then look for the literal truth it intends to convey.

That is a quote from that great bible scholar Finis Jennings Dake.
Thank you.

Frankly, I don't see what is so difficult to understand about the "Godhead"?
As it is written..."For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:" (Rom 1:20)

macca

Post by macca »

Larkin in his book "The Spirit World" he states.
One of the great "mysteries" of the spirit world is the "Tri-unity" of God..
Right at The start he is up against a "mystery" that is not even mentioned in the bible, in fact the opposite
is stated by Paul as Hilltop mentioned. Rom. 1:20:

macca

Post by macca »

Larkin does not believe there are 3 separate persons called God.
He is confused by what man has said in trying to explain how three people can be one, instead of just believing what God has said about himself in the bible.
I am not going to quote what he has said because it is just plain rubbish that is the same I have reading and hearing for the last 38 years.

macca

Post by macca »

Fantasy. Dangerous noddelings of an over imaginative mind.
Just like the gospel in the stars and every other gnostic creation that seeks to explain the plain text of God's Word.

What are the Christians of America doing to stop the destruction that is happening to your once great country?
Your country is lost don't you see that?