Dake Bible Discussion BoardTrump of God vs The Seventh Trumpet

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Chucksta
Joshua

Trump of God vs The Seventh Trumpet

Post by Chucksta »

Iam still trying to collectively combine both 1 Thess 4:16 and 1 Corinthians 15:52 and carefully disect these verses. Dake believes that at the Rapture of the Church, there will be two trumpet sounding, one to raise the dead in Christ, and the other trumpt sounding to change the living. I do believe in the Pre-trib Rapture, but Iam trying to figure out how Dake drew this conclusion on page 189 in the Dake bible, note "Q" 4th column, for 1 Corinthians 15:52, 1989 edition. Can any one of you fellow dake bible readers offer your input to a brother.

bibleman
Administrator

Re: Trump of God vs The Seventh Trumpet

Post by bibleman »

Chucksta wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:48 am
Iam still trying to collectively combine both 1 Thess 4:16 and 1 Corinthians 15:52 and carefully disect these verses. Dake believes that at the Rapture of the Church, there will be two trumpet sounding, one to raise the dead in Christ, and the other trumpt sounding to change the living. I do believe in the Pre-trib Rapture, but Iam trying to figure out how Dake drew this conclusion on page 189 in the Dake bible, note "Q" 4th column, for 1 Corinthians 15:52, 1989 edition. Can any one of you fellow dake bible readers offer your input to a brother.
Maybe this is what you are looking for:

The FIRST TRUMP resurrection

1 Thessalonians 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

1 Corinthians 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

The LAST TRUMP rapture

1 Thessalonians 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

1 Corinthians 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump:
for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
Notes For Verse 51
a [I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed] This is one of Paul's revelations -- all will not die physically, but some will be changed to the likeness of those who do die (1Th. 4:13-17). The living will be changed from mortality to immortality as quickly as the dead will be raised to immortality. The time needed for this is but a moment, in the twinkling of an eye. The Greek says en (GSN-<G1722>) atomo (GSN-<G823>), in an atom of time (1Cor. 15:2). It will happen at the last of two trumpets which will sound at this time. At the first trumpet the dead will be raised to immortality. At the second or last trumpet the living will be changed to immortality and be caught up with those who were dead to meet the Lord in the air (1Cor. 15:52; 1Th. 4:16-17).
Finis Jennings Dake, Dake's Annotated Reference Bible: Containing the Old and New Testaments of the Authorized or King James Version Text, (Lawrenceville, GA: Dake Bible Sales, Inc., 1997), WORDsearch CROSS e-book, Under: "Chapter 15".

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

Chucksta wrote:
I wonder why he didn't think they happen at nearly the same time?
I mean, how long will it take to raise all the dead?
Seconds?

Chucksta
Joshua

Post by Chucksta »

Hill Top wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:06 pm
Chucksta wrote:
Seconds?
I believe that Dake is saying this is the same event, but segmental, the first, the resurrection of the dead, then those who are alive to be changed afterwards. But Dake seems to teach that theres a trumpet sounding for each of these clauses. I was in a huge debate with post-trib rapture-heads, who believe that the last trump of 1 Thess 4:16 is the same as the 7th trumpet sounding of Rev 11:15

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

Chucksta wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:20 am
Hill Top wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:06 pm
Chucksta wrote:
Seconds?
I believe that Dake is saying this is the same event, but segmental, the first, the resurrection of the dead, then those who are alive to be changed afterwards. But Dake seems to teach that theres a trumpet sounding for each of these clauses. I was in a huge debate with post-trib rapture-heads, who believe that the last trump of 1 Thess 4:16 is the same as the 7th trumpet sounding of Rev 11:15
Thanks for the insights.
Frankly, most everything in Rev. doesn't matter much to me, except the warnings and the hope therein.