Dake Bible Discussion BoardIf a sinner was NEVER born again as some say....

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Hill Top
In My Name Shall They Cast Out Devils

Re: If a sinner was NEVER born again as some say....

Post by Hill Top »

bibleman wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:05 pm

You know your belief that men can live sin free on their on is absolutely not found in Scripture.
How did the other apostles besides Peter carry it off, before they received the gift of the Holy Ghost?
How about David in the OT, before Bathsheba?
Even unreligious men won't commit sin, while others are watching.
Under the threat of retaliation, men will act contrary to their nature.
Under the threat of imprisonment, men will act contrary to their nature.
Peer group pressure will create a sin free environment.
Do you know any Mormons?
They are sometimes entirely different around their group, than they are in the world by themselves.

There is a joke in these parts about...
How do you keep a Mormon from drinking all your beer on a camping trip?
Bring another Mormon.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Hill Top wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:29 pm
bibleman wrote:

You know your belief that men can live sin free on their on is absolutely not found in Scripture.
How did the other apostles besides Peter carry it off, before they received the gift of the Holy Ghost?
Do you know any Mormons?
They are sometimes entirely different around their group, than they are in the world by themselves.

Bring another Mormon.
Got any Scripture that states that a person can live sin free without God's help?

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

bibleman wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:52 pm
Hill Top wrote:
bibleman wrote:

Do you know any Mormons?

Bring another Mormon.
Got any Scripture that states that a person can live sin free without God's help?
Not a one.
Can you commit sin while you are asleep?
In a coma?
On the other hand, with out the Law, there is no sin...as it is written..."Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin." (Rom 3:20)

It is written..."For all his judgments were before me, and I did not put away his statutes from me.
23 I was also upright before him, and I kept myself from mine iniquity.
24 Therefore hath the Lord recompensed me according to my righteousness, according to the cleanness of my hands in his eyesight." (Psalm 18:22-24)
Men can live without sin, and without Christ, under their own power for a length of time, but eventually the nature wins out.

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

Hill Top wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:17 pm
On the other hand, with out the Law, there is no sin...as it is written..."Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin." (Rom 3:20)
Not sure where you got without the law, there is no sin from that verse as it does not state that, "Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin."

Word up!

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

luchnia wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:07 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Not sure where you got without the law, there is no sin from that verse as it does not state that, "Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin."
Something isn't a sin if you don't know it is a sin.
How can you break a law you don't know exists?

For instance, when the European colonizers first discovered many of the South Pacific islands the islanders were all running around naked.
Was that sinful for the islanders?
No, it was only sinful to those who thought of it as sinful.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Hill Top wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
bibleman wrote:

Do you know any Mormons?

Bring another Mormon.
Not a one.
In a coma?

It is written..."For all his judgments were before me, and I did not put away his statutes from me.
24 Therefore hath the Lord recompensed me according to my righteousness, according to the cleanness of my hands in his eyesight." (Psalm 18:22-24)
Men can live without sin, and without Christ, under their own power for a length of time, but eventually the nature wins out.
When you come up with a Scripture to support the idea that men can live without sin without God... I would be interested in reading it.
Until then you are espousing an UN-Biblical doctrine otherwise known as false doctrine.

God bless
Leon Bible

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

bibleman wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:46 am
Hill Top wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
bibleman wrote:

Do you know any Mormons?

Bring another Mormon.
Not a one.
In a coma?

When you come up with a Scripture to support the idea that men can live without sin without God... I would be interested in reading it.
Until then you are espousing an UN-Biblical doctrine otherwise known as false doctrine.
Here you go..."For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)" (Rom 2:14-15)

Can a two year old boy live without sin, without God?
How many convicted criminals in prison live exemplary lives in hope of early release?

No God, no Law.
No Law, no sin.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Hill Top wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:13 pm
bibleman wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
bibleman wrote:

Do you know any Mormons?

Bring another Mormon.
Not a one.
In a coma?

Here you go..."For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)" (Rom 2:14-15)

How many convicted criminals in prison live exemplary lives in hope of early release?

No God, no Law.
No Law, no sin.
Still waiting.... for a Scripture to support the idea that men can live without sin without God...

God bless
Leon Bible

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

bibleman wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:32 pm
Hill Top wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
bibleman wrote:

Do you know any Mormons?

Bring another Mormon.
Not a one.
In a coma?

No God, no Law.
No Law, no sin.
Still waiting.... for a Scripture to support the idea that men can live without sin without God...
As I said earlier...I can't think of a one.
Unless you are talking about a time before there was Law, then everyone lived without sin.
Then...It is written..."(For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law." (Rom 5:13)
Last edited by Hill Top on Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Hill Top wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:28 pm
bibleman wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:32 pm
Hill Top wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Hill Top wrote:

Do you know any Mormons?

Bring another Mormon.
Not a one.
In a coma?

No God, no Law.
No Law, no sin.
As I said earlier...I can't think of a one.
Unless you are talking about a time before there was Law, then everyone lived without sin.
Then...It is written..."(For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law." (Rom 5:13)
So now you are saying Adam who lived before the law was living without sin!

You are getting more nutty with each post.

God bless
Leon Bible